'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Tyler in the NCAA's  (Read 5663 times)

Shooter McGavin

• All American
Re: Tyler in the NCAA's
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2023, 08:46:39 AM »
I wonder if any of our MU trained PT's or Ortho MD's might give us some insight on TKO's thumb injury??? I know they don't know what exactly the injury was, but maybe some "professional" thoughts might help us try to understand what actually might have been going on....    8-)

Gate keepers thumb would be something that would require casting for 4-6 weeks or surgery and casting.  He said he got his thumb caught in a jersey and it bent backwards.  This could be a possibility.  We will know how serious it is if he is in a cast.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2023, 09:35:35 AM »
Is there some thought that he had an injury before the Vermont game?  Someone said that in this thread but didn't know anything about it.
Yes. Someone--apologies, don't remember who--posted a clip of the MU shoot around the day before Vermont. TK can be seen in the video shaking his right hand and looking at his thumb.

I think he hurt it worse on his second(?) drive to the basket in the Vermont game. He looked really pained then, and went to the locker room shortly thereafter.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2023, 10:33:21 AM »
Yes. Someone--apologies, don't remember who--posted a clip of the MU shoot around the day before Vermont. TK can be seen in the video shaking his right hand and looking at his thumb.

I think he hurt it worse on his second(?) drive to the basket in the Vermont game. He looked really pained then, and went to the locker room shortly thereafter.

I was only able to post one, but I saw multiple videos of their practice on Thursday in Columbus where he was clearly bothered by it.

Likely hurt it in the week of practice leading up to the game on Friday and then just banged it up even more in the game.
VIOLENCE!

Farley36

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2023, 10:41:59 AM »
It’s hard to criticize the player most responsible for such a successful season.  However, he clearly did not perform in the tourney as the team needed him to.  Much of that likely is because of the thumb.  Some may be for other reasons.   If MU is to continue to have this level of success in the regular season and in the tourney TK will continue to be the catalyst.  Seems apparent that as TK goes, MU goes.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2023, 10:46:10 AM »
It’s hard to criticize the player most responsible for such a successful season.  However, he clearly did not perform in the tourney as the team needed him to.  Much of that likely is because of the thumb.  Some may be for other reasons.   If MU is to continue to have this level of success in the regular season and in the tourney TK will continue to be the catalyst.  Seems apparent that as TK goes, MU goes.

I fully expect Sean Jones and Tre Norman to provide a significant boost as a backup PG duo next year.

Sean Jones was ok this year but it was a lot to ask of a Freshman to control an offense like Tyler does.

Marquette will still want 30+ minutes from Tyler each night but those minutes he's not on the court should be much cleaner than they were this year.
VIOLENCE!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2023, 12:12:45 PM »
I am fairly certain that Kolek knows he did not bring his A game today. If anyone is concerned about Kolek moving forward, that might be emotions talking.

Thank you Goose.

Nobody is more disappointed than Tyler, I'm sure, that we're not playing next weekend.

But dammit folks, don't kill the goose that laid the golden eggs. Tyler Kolek is the heart and soul of this team and I shudder to think where we would have been in 2022-2023 without him. On my list of favorite Warriors, he's up there with Bob Lackey, Butch Lee, Maurice Lucas and Bo Ellis.

Stop complaining and save your energy for next year, when we will go further and faster!

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2023, 12:18:34 PM »
I fully expect Sean Jones and Tre Norman to provide a significant boost as a backup PG duo next year.

Sean Jones was ok this year but it was a lot to ask of a Freshman to control an offense like Tyler does.

Marquette will still want 30+ minutes from Tyler each night but those minutes he's not on the court should be much cleaner than they were this year.

Jones the Younger will be significantly better next year.  Especially in the h-c. 

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2023, 02:25:16 PM »
I think he let the thumb frustrations get to him a little too much and made some uncharacteristic plays due to that and the limitations. It was clear to me that Kolek heading to the locker room didn't bode well for MU's tournament chances going forward, despite his quick return.

Maybe they could get by with a role player banged up, but not their floor general. The early fouls ruined the flow of the game. Just bad timing for both to happen at once.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2023, 10:32:40 AM »
TK thrilled us all year. He showed us it is
Impossible to play PG with one hand but he
gave it a try like the Warrior he is.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2023, 10:55:35 AM »

This.  Tyler in the presser did not want to use the thumb as an excuse and he did not.   Reality, it had to be bothering him which threw his game off. Ye us. Warrior. And we would have never been a 2 seed without him.   Nowhere close.   Helped make Marquette basketball exciting again!

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2023, 05:54:19 AM »
Although I agree with your post, that has to be the worst haiku ever.