Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Excellent Shaka Stevie and Sean NCAA Presser 3/15  (Read 2204 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Milkshakes

• All American
Re: Excellent Shaka Stevie and Sean NCAA Presser 3/15
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 08:45:42 PM »
I am in the camp that gets frustrated with Stevie. I hope his offense improves in the off season.  That said, I don’t know how anybody can not absolutely love the guy.  What an amazing and exceptionally mature kid. His passion for the game and the team as well as his intelligence are just so infectious. Love the guy.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 09:06:15 PM »
I am in the camp that gets frustrated with Stevie. I hope his offense improves in the off season.  That said, I don’t know how anybody can not absolutely love the guy.  What an amazing and exceptionally mature kid. His passion for the game and the team as well as his intelligence are just so infectious. Love the guy.

I think many posters (particularly those that may say they get frustrated with him) have no idea how hard it is to play the type of defense he does. It is both physically and mentally exhausting, which will detract from offensive abilities.

I assure you, Stevie is plenty good on the offensive end. He is just the consummate teammate, and recognizes that his role is to lock down the opposing teams best player and as a result, his offense will suffer.

Crazy respect for everything he does.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 10:31:11 PM »
I think many posters (particularly those that may say they get frustrated with him) have no idea how hard it is to play the type of defense he does. It is both physically and mentally exhausting, which will detract from offensive abilities.

I assure you, Stevie is plenty good on the offensive end. He is just the consummate teammate, and recognizes that his role is to lock down the opposing teams best player and as a result, his offense will suffer.

Agree with you that there is no reason to be frustrated with Stevie, he is an incredible player who gives undying effort all over the court.

rgoode57

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 08:22:05 AM »
I used to have some frustration with Stevie but no more. The more I watch him, the more respect I have for him. He is a critical piece of the puzzle. It's ok to not score so much when you have defensive responsibility like he has every single game.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 08:32:26 AM »
…and I do truly believe he consistently elevates the energy and effort of his teammates.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023, 02:21:44 PM »

I agree with this analysis
            ---Al McGuire

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2023, 02:29:09 PM »
I used to have some frustration with Stevie but no more. The more I watch him, the more respect I have for him. He is a critical piece of the puzzle. It's ok to not score so much when you have defensive responsibility like he has every single game.

He's our bulldog.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2023, 10:35:47 AM »
Ben Steele with a Stevie Mitchell update:
Marquette's Stevie Mitchell breaking the mold of being 'glue guy' in basketball

Lots of time with Coach Nevada Smith working on his shot:
A favorite drill they do is called “The Pyramid.”
“It’s seven spots (behind the three-point line),” Smith said. “You start off in the corner. You have to make one in a row, two in a row, three in a row, four in a row …. the whole way up to 11 and then back down.”

“Stevie got it in 8 minutes and 3 seconds,” Smith said. “Which I don’t think there’s a player in the NBA that can do it in 8 minutes and 3 seconds.
“I mean, you’ve got to make 11 in a row, 10 in a row twice, nine in a row twice, eight in a row twice. And I’ve had NBA guys try it and they can’t do it in eight minutes.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2023, 10:55:56 AM »
Ben Steele with a Stevie Mitchell update:
Marquette's Stevie Mitchell breaking the mold of being 'glue guy' in basketball

Lots of time with Coach Nevada Smith working on his shot:
A favorite drill they do is called “The Pyramid.”
“It’s seven spots (behind the three-point line),” Smith said. “You start off in the corner. You have to make one in a row, two in a row, three in a row, four in a row …. the whole way up to 11 and then back down.”

“Stevie got it in 8 minutes and 3 seconds,” Smith said. “Which I don’t think there’s a player in the NBA that can do it in 8 minutes and 3 seconds.
“I mean, you’ve got to make 11 in a row, 10 in a row twice, nine in a row twice, eight in a row twice. And I’ve had NBA guys try it and they can’t do it in eight minutes."

That's fantastic. If that translates to live game situations and Stevie becomes a legitimate three-point threat on this team...wow...this is going to be a really fun season.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Pepe Sylvia

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2023, 01:03:07 PM »
Its really not fair if stevie is going to be like, 15% better at offense, and i think he will be.
twitterx: @HBOCEOofTits

feedback