Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NCAA Tournament  (Read 77909 times)

GoldenEagles03

• All American
Re: NCAA Tournament
« Reply #1050 on: March 23, 2023, 11:28:38 PM »
Gonzaga just saved my brackets.

What a collapse by UCLA, followed by a collapse by Gonzaga, followed by some major heroism from Strawther.
VIOLENCE!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1051 on: March 23, 2023, 11:40:01 PM »
This is a Jaime Jaquez appreciation post.

I’ve never had so much love for a player that has absolutely wrecked Marquette on multiple occasions.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1052 on: March 23, 2023, 11:52:33 PM »
You posted about 2 nit teams. Aren't you smarter than that?

I guess that’s a yes you are one of the board moderators.

I posted after FAU won their game. They play in Conference USA with UAB and N. Texas. Both of those teams are good teams. Aren’t you smarter than that?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1053 on: March 23, 2023, 11:56:03 PM »
I guess that’s a yes you are one of the board moderators.

I posted after FAU won their game. They play in Conference USA with UAB and N. Texas. Both of those teams are good teams. Aren’t you smarter than that?

Well in either case, we can all agree that Dayton would be so lucky to join a conference as prestigious as Conference USA

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1054 on: March 24, 2023, 12:00:56 AM »
Well in either case, we can all agree that Dayton would be so lucky to join a conference as prestigious as Conference USA

I simply posted that 3 Conference USA teams, are playing pretty good ball. That’s it. That’s the post. Not everything needs to be a joke or troll

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1055 on: March 24, 2023, 12:03:36 AM »
I simply posted that 3 Conference USA teams, are playing pretty good ball. That’s it. That’s the post. Not everything needs to be a joke or troll

Oh I agree, that was me actually trying to be supportive of your post. Guess it didn’t land.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1056 on: March 24, 2023, 12:04:19 AM »
Oh I agree, that was me actually trying to be supportive of your post. Guess it didn’t land.

No worries. Thanks anyway.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #1057 on: March 24, 2023, 05:53:09 AM »
This is a Jaime Jaquez appreciation post.

I’ve never had so much love for a player that has absolutely wrecked Marquette on multiple occasions.

This.  He's 100% my favorite college basketball player not on Marquette.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1058 on: March 24, 2023, 07:05:40 AM »
Michigan State lost today w/ 13 made threes & 18 made twos.

Since 2010, teams that had made 18+ twos & 13+ threes in NCAA Tournament games were 19-0 with an average margin of victory of +24.

From Jay Cuda on twitter

What a game plan by Jerome Tang
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1059 on: March 24, 2023, 07:07:26 AM »
All you have to do is listen to Izzo for 10 seconds in the postgame, and if you can't see why some are happy he lost ... come on.

As for the letterman ...

He shot really well in helping Sparty stay in the game. But over the last 23 minutes, he had as many fouls as points (3). And over the last 12 minutes, he bricked the only three 3-pointers he took and choked on the front end of a 1-and-1. He also was a statue on defense. A fitting ending.

In 23 seasons from 1997-98 through 2019-20, Izzo had a .732 winning percentage overall, .714 in conference, finished in first place 10 times, finished in the top 3 of the conference 17 times, and made 8 Final Fours.

Purely coincidentally, in 3 seasons since 2020-21, Izzo had a .602 winning percentage overall, .525 in conference, finished 8th, 7th and 4th, and never sniffed a Final Four.

But I doubt he’s had a team with more senior leadership
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1060 on: March 24, 2023, 07:13:26 AM »
K-State has now run two of the most creative sets I have seen recently.  Or trick plays, if you like.   The bubble screen inbounds set against Kentucky and the alley oop last night were brilliant.  Kudos for both of them.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1061 on: March 24, 2023, 07:26:00 AM »
Jaquez is awesome but Campbell is my favorite non MU player in a long time. He’s Chris Paul without being a douche to everyone.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #1062 on: March 24, 2023, 07:29:09 AM »
K-State has now run two of the most creative sets I have seen recently.  Or trick plays, if you like.   The bubble screen inbounds set against Kentucky and the alley oop last night were brilliant.  Kudos for both of them.

I absolutely oved watching KSU, especially Nowell of course.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1063 on: March 24, 2023, 08:12:04 AM »
I absolutely oved watching KSU, especially Nowell of course.

He's got some game Scoop Snoop.  Dropping dimes all over the place while displaying some serious zoomability. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1064 on: March 24, 2023, 08:17:22 AM »
But I will say this:  I expect FAU to get by KSU and make the F4. 

Another incredible stat from last night is that KSU had 5 total turnovers in 45 mins..  I repeat, 5.  Nowell with 19 dimes, 5 steals, and 2 turns.  So when I stated emphatically that Mich St. did not force our turnovers, and we made self-inflicted mistakes/kicked the ball away, perhaps this amplifies my point?  You Izzo worshippers had a rough evening.  Just sayin...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 08:27:08 AM by MuggsyB »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #1065 on: March 24, 2023, 08:27:12 AM »
Obviously the Big Ten is the best league in the country.

https://twitter.com/SSN_BigXII/status/1639115639498608640?s=20

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1066 on: March 24, 2023, 08:38:27 AM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1067 on: March 24, 2023, 08:44:00 AM »

To play devil’s advocate, I’d expect any coach in any league to defend said league.  He’s not correct and I’m hardly an Izzo apologist, but, eh

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1068 on: March 24, 2023, 08:50:35 AM »
But I will say this:  I expect FAU to get by KSU and make the F4. 

Another incredible stat from last night is that KSU had 5 total turnovers in 45 mins..  I repeat, 5.  Nowell with 19 dimes, 5 steals, and 2 turns.  So when I stated emphatically that Mich St. did not force our turnovers, and we made self-inflicted mistakes/kicked the ball away, perhaps this amplifies my point?  You Izzo worshippers had a rough evening.  Just sayin...
Izzo's stint as defensive genius lasted one game, apparently.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #1069 on: March 24, 2023, 08:56:05 AM »
Izzo's stint as defensive genius lasted one game, apparently.

Nah he’s still a genius, because according to him, K-State hit some lucky shots.  👀

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1070 on: March 24, 2023, 09:06:04 AM »
Well, it has lasted a quarter of a century.  And, before he pissed off the world, he said that MSU did not play defense as well as they had in the first two games.   I will take him at his word.   

I did not see the first 36 minutes, so I don't know if K State banked in two shot clock 3's.

Shortly after I turned the game on, I saw K  State get an offensive rebound.  Hall left the man with the ball in the lane and closed out on a 3 point shooter.   Hauser left the man with the ball in the lane to wrestle with the other big who did not have the ball.  The offensive player turned and made the lay up.   I thought ooooooh, so it is that night.

All season, MSU has been plagued by defensive lapses.  The USC/MU games are the first time Sparty had strung together consecutive stellar defensive efforts.  KState going for 98 after MSU playing two good defensive games is actually consistent.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #1071 on: March 24, 2023, 09:07:24 AM »
I watched the entire game and went to bed with about 2 minutes left with Gonzaga up 10 after calling an early onions.

This is why I never sleep

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1072 on: March 24, 2023, 09:08:14 AM »

Oh..... okay.  #buffoon/liar

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1073 on: March 24, 2023, 09:10:24 AM »
Well, it has lasted a quarter of a century.  And, before he pissed off the world, he said that MSU did not play defense as well as they had in the first two games.   I will take him at his word.   

I did not see the first 36 minutes, so I don't know if K State banked in two shot clock 3's.

Shortly after I turned the game on, I saw K  State get an offensive rebound.  Hall left the man with the ball in the lane and closed out on a 3 point shooter.   Hauser left the man with the ball in the lane to wrestle with the other big who did not have the ball.  The offensive player turned and made the lay up.   I thought ooooooh, so it is that night.

All season, MSU has been plagued by defensive lapses.  The USC/MU games are the first time Sparty had strung together consecutive stellar defensive efforts.  KState going for 98 after MSU playing two good defensive games is actually consistent.

Tower, you missed Nowell torching their defense and zipping dimes all over the place.  Again, their defense whether it be game to game, versus us, or yesterday, simply is not that good. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #1074 on: March 24, 2023, 09:13:15 AM »

It was that night.  Lots of missed/lazy assignments on defense across the board.  Hoggard kept them in the game as did KState who was as poor on playing sound defense.  In K-State’s defense, they played for steals in their lapses versus Sparty who I’m not sure what they were doing.  Hauser got caught in mismatches all night but the help defense was terrible.  KState got to spots pretty easy