[Today at 12:57:23 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by PointWarrior
[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA Tournament  (Read 83104 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: NCAA Tournament
« Reply #400 on: March 17, 2023, 09:16:17 PM »
Did I just hear that FDU is the smallest team in the tournament?  :)

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #401 on: March 17, 2023, 09:22:10 PM »
Just say, “whoops, my bad,” and move on. Practice in front of a mirror if it helps. Its just a message board.

You’re projecting.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #402 on: March 17, 2023, 09:22:37 PM »
Painter for coach of the year

The B10 is just sooooo tough year in and year out. He!!, they deserved to get 13 in the Tournament this year

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #403 on: March 17, 2023, 09:27:09 PM »
Did I just hear that FDU is the smallest team in the tournament?  :)

You’re projecting.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #404 on: March 17, 2023, 09:30:23 PM »
Lost in all of this, somewhere Arizona is thrilled

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #405 on: March 17, 2023, 09:35:40 PM »
Lost in all of this, somewhere Arizona is thrilled

That's a Farleigh safe bet.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #406 on: March 17, 2023, 09:49:55 PM »
The gym was electric for FDU, that team has some motor. What a game

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #407 on: March 17, 2023, 09:53:11 PM »
I’m gonna call bs on this one.  Let see it.

Well, turns out you were right. Was trying to figure out how to post an image of the bracket to here...was going to PM it to you, but alas I'm not sure how to post an image.

But in the process I realized I actually had 4 misses. I thought it was only Furman and FDU, but I also had Iowa State and A&M advance (and they didn't).

Really thought I only missed two, but I was wrong. Still currently ranked 9558 on ESPN, which is still pretty good.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #408 on: March 17, 2023, 10:04:15 PM »
Yes it is. I’m just salty about mine.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #409 on: March 17, 2023, 10:06:24 PM »
Fumbled? That’s generous. I’ve never seen a ball get fumbled by a face hahaha!

Against a team like Fairleigh Dickinson he probably should’ve had like 30 rebounds. He’s awful! And he’s gonna be watching the rest of the tourney from home. Sorry wades I know you liked him.

You’ve never seen a football bounce off a guy’s facemask and a defender recover it? Hmm. Must not watch a lot of football.

I have no real feelings positive or negative about Edey. I’m just not sure claiming the guy who was head and shoulders (literally) above everyone else in the NPOY race is terrible at basketball is very intelligent. Especially in a game where his team shot 35% from the field and had 16 turnovers where Edey was 7/11 for 21 points and 15 rebounds, just 2 turnovers despite being guarded by 5 all game. If you really believe he’s bad at basketball you aren’t very smart. Which you’ve proven with your defensive three second complaints.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #410 on: March 17, 2023, 10:10:25 PM »
Edey is fine, but he also only had one field goal attempt in the last 12 minutes. That just can’t happen.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #411 on: March 17, 2023, 10:11:01 PM »
The levels to FDU are what make it all the more amazing for me.  They did it despite being one of the bottom 4 #16 seeds so they had to play on Wed night.  Also because they only got into the tournament based on the NCAAs BS probation rule about moving up a division which kept conference regular season and tournament winner Merrimack at home.  Then, even further, both of the electric Mighty Mouse guards, and another starter, were D2 players that came with FDU’s coach when he took the job this year, so last year they were playing D2 ball in a glorified HS gym.

Just incredible stuff.  Tobin Anderson was a machine in D2.  I doubt he stays at FDU all that long, he’s gonna get solid Mid major looks

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #412 on: March 17, 2023, 10:13:11 PM »
Matt Painter is 9-3 against Tom Izzo in their last 12 meetings.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #413 on: March 17, 2023, 10:17:23 PM »
You’ve never seen a football bounce off a guy’s facemask and a defender recover it? Hmm. Must not watch a lot of football.

I have no real feelings positive or negative about Edey. I’m just not sure claiming the guy who was head and shoulders (literally) above everyone else in the NPOY race is terrible at basketball is very intelligent. Especially in a game where his team shot 35% from the field and had 16 turnovers where Edey was 7/11 for 21 points and 15 rebounds, just 2 turnovers despite being guarded by 5 all game. If you really believe he’s bad at basketball you aren’t very smart. Which you’ve proven with your defensive three second complaints.
He’s bad at basketball. He’s a million feet tall and just led his team to a loss to the shortest team in the tournament. He’s very very bad.

Large? Yes. Good? Absolutely not.

panda

• All American
« Reply #414 on: March 17, 2023, 10:21:12 PM »
He’s bad at basketball. He’s a million feet tall and just led his team to a loss to the shortest team in the tournament. He’s very very bad.

There's been plenty of guys his size who can barely play the game. He's one of the best players in the country who had a bad game because Purdue's guards suck and the opposition double and triple teamed him forcing the ball out of his hands.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #415 on: March 17, 2023, 10:24:34 PM »

So you’re one of those guys who think Giannis is not skilled and can only run and jump. Checks out.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #416 on: March 17, 2023, 10:25:05 PM »
There's been plenty of guys his size who can barely play the game.
Edey can barely play basketball. The ball bounced off his face, uncontested. He got stripped every time he touched the ball in crunch time. He got outrebounded by kids 8-10 inches shorter than him. He had a crucial turnover and 0 rebounds in the last two minutes of the game.

Did we all watch the same game? The guy is an unskilled ogre. I’ve even thought that in their wins.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #417 on: March 17, 2023, 10:26:18 PM »
So you’re one of those guys who think Giannis is not skilled and can only run and jump. Checks out.
If you’re honestly comparing Giannis to Zach Edey I think it’s clear who doesn’t know ball here lol.

panda

• All American
« Reply #418 on: March 17, 2023, 10:27:00 PM »
Edey can barely play basketball. The ball bounced off his face, uncontested. He got stripped every time he touched the ball in crunch time. He got outrebounded by kids 8-10 inches shorter than him. He had a crucial turnover and 0 rebounds in the last two minutes of the game.

Did we all watch the same game? The guy is an unskilled ogre. I’ve even thought that in their wins.

He had a bad game. However he had an incredible season which is why he’s shortlisted for national player of the year. Do players who can barely play basketball generally receive that distinction or did he rig the vote ?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #419 on: March 17, 2023, 10:28:59 PM »

Obviously we did not. “He got outrebounded by kids 8-10 inches shorter than him.” He did? I checked the stats and he had 15 rebounds. Nobody in the game besides him had more than 6 for FDU. Or are you saying he should’ve rebounded every missed shot in the game, because he’s tall, after all?

So guards should never, ever get a rebound in basketball if the big men are competent basketball players, it appears.

FDU collapsed 5 on him. You obviously were not watching the game. Or are as clueless as you believe Edey is bad at basketball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #420 on: March 17, 2023, 10:29:31 PM »
If you’re honestly comparing Giannis to Zach Edey I think it’s clear who doesn’t know ball here lol.

Says the guy who thinks the tallest person on the floor should get every single rebound or he’s incompetent at the sport.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #421 on: March 17, 2023, 10:30:00 PM »
He had a bad game. However he had an incredible season which is why he’s shortlisted for national player of the year. Do players who can barely play basketball generally receive that distinction or did he rig the vote ?
No, I just think his size alone allows him to score points and grab rebounds in a physically inferior conference such as the Big 10.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #422 on: March 17, 2023, 10:30:27 PM »
Says the guy who thinks the tallest person on the floor should get every single rebound or he’s incompetent at the sport.
You just compared Zach Edey to Giannis my guy, it’s over.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #423 on: March 17, 2023, 10:33:07 PM »
You just compared Zach Edey to Giannis my guy, it’s over.

Did I?

panda

• All American
« Reply #424 on: March 17, 2023, 10:34:06 PM »
No, I just think his size alone allows him to score points and grab rebounds in a physically inferior conference such as the Big 10.

Why didn’t Matt haarms or Isaac Haas put up the same numbers as Edey this year? They’re both huge ipso facto should dominate. Yet they both fell way short of accomplishing what Edey did this season. It’s almost like there still is skill involved.