'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

NM by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:03:20 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MU82
[Today at 12:03:03 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lost in the fight  (Read 3368 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Lost in the fight
« on: March 11, 2023, 10:17:24 PM »
No finish line

DoctorV

• All American
Re: Lost in the fight
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 10:21:15 PM »
Awesome photo

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 11:30:09 AM »
I feel like this is personal for shaka. For most of the season, he seemed very calm and collected on the sidelines. However, the last few games his emotion has really started to show ( in a good way). I wonder if he personally feels like he has a chip on his shoulder and needs to prove all the doubters wrong.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 11:35:16 AM »
Golden

I agree that Shaka is getting more intense every game and I love it. I said the day he was hired that part of my excitement was based off he had a lot yet to prove in his career. He arrived at MU with an unfinished resume and that excited me a great deal.

Again, there is no doubt Shaka is doing everything aside from suiting up at this point. It has gone from teaching to competing, imo.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 11:40:10 AM »
I feel like this is personal for shaka. For most of the season, he seemed very calm and collected on the sidelines. However, the last few games his emotion has really started to show ( in a good way). I wonder if he personally feels like he has a chip on his shoulder and needs to prove all the doubters wrong.

Don’t wonder, he definitely feels this way.

You can tell with every game, with every win, that Coach Smart falls more and more in love with this team and these guys, and with Marquette University and Marquette nation.

You can just tell that he feels ultimate vindication and a lot of relief from how things went at Texas.
He’s human, and at some point all he heard and read likely affected him, and possibly caused him to have some personal doubt.
He’s now realizing that he’s still got it.
It’s not easy to go from taking the world by storm as a young coach and making the Final 4, being Americas darling as a young head coaching candidate to what followed at Texas.

The next step is winning game 1, and then 2, and so on and so forth.
We sure as heck are all pulling for him, he deserves it all.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 11:43:56 AM »
1000%
No Finish Line

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 01:00:47 PM »
Again, there is no doubt Shaka is doing everything aside from suiting up at this point. It has gone from teaching to competing, imo.

I think it's pretty clear that he's enjoying this ride as much as everyone.  He's poured himselef into relationships and player development (growth) and the victories have followed.  That has to feel so damn good.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 01:55:07 PM »
plus he is back home
don't...don't don't don't don't

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2023, 02:08:13 PM »
Golden

I agree that Shaka is getting more intense every game and I love it. I said the day he was hired that part of my excitement was based off he had a lot yet to prove in his career. He arrived at MU with an unfinished resume and that excited me a great deal.

Because his team never won a post season game other than Zack, I think Shaka has ramped up his own competitive juices to amp up the team.  It's no mistake MU has now won their last five "close" games (5 points or less).

Norm

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2023, 05:49:01 PM »
MU Ticketmaster site down - must be too many orders!

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2023, 10:43:50 PM »
Almost all of the biggest MU basketball alums have been shouting out MUBB on the socials lately. One of the biggest still in the NBA has been very active on his IG about himself but nothing about MUBB interestingly…

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2023, 10:59:27 PM »
Almost all of the biggest MU basketball alums have been shouting out MUBB on the socials lately. One of the biggest still in the NBA has been very active on his IG about himself but nothing about MUBB interestingly…

Jimmy? What’s the beef?
Is it that Marquette did the Buzzard wrong on the way out?

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2023, 11:12:18 PM »
Jimmy? What’s the beef?

So many say there was a fallout but no one willing to spill the beans.  Been going on for a while.
VIOLENCE!

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 10:23:46 AM »
So many say there was a fallout but no one willing to spill the beans.  Been going on for a while.

It's been shared here a number of times.  People don't like to hear it, but the more we see Jimmy not showing up to MU games, not being featured by MUBB, etc. the more you have to wonder if maybe somebody had some accurate info...

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 10:27:48 AM »
WHEN they build a statue for Shaka on campus I really hope they use this photo as the model. 

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2023, 10:28:01 AM »

Not saying this is correct,  but if Butler is angry the way Buzz was treated by Marquette... if that is his beef...  then I am glad he stays away.  IF THAT IS TRUE he is in a long line of people who care more about the coach than the program and University.  Good riddance.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2023, 10:29:45 AM »
What I heard is that they really don't know why JFB isn't communicating with Marquette. Or at least they claim they don't know. He most definitely has done so since Buzz left. Maybe even earlier in the Shaka regime.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2023, 10:37:10 AM »
What I heard is that they really don't know why JFB isn't communicating with Marquette. Or at least they claim they don't know. He most definitely has done so since Buzz left. Maybe even earlier in the Shaka regime.

Strangely prefer this vs the Buzz theory. Sounds like it would probably be fixable then.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2023, 10:41:57 AM »
I'm grateful for the outstanding contribution Jimmy made to Marquette as a player. All those game-winning shots, being a leader of the team that started the S16-S16-E8, being one of the standardbearers of "Marquette toughness," etc.

If he chooses to stay away now because of some beef he has with the administration or program or whatever, it affects neither me nor Marquette at all. I still have many fond memories of his time in a Marquette uniform, and I admire the work he put in to turn himself into an NBA All-Star.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2023, 10:42:52 AM »
Had nothing to do with Buzz.  Both sides know why he's not involved at all, and both are perfectly happy with him not being involved.

I shouldn't have brought this back up.  There's a lot to be happy about with MUBB right now, and a few big weeks ahead.  Maybe I'll get back to it when the season ends, hopefully 3 weeks from tonight.

chicagowarrior

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2023, 03:10:58 PM »
Anyone have a hi-res of this?

Would love to frame this

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2023, 03:26:03 PM »
It's been shared here a number of times.  People don't like to hear it, but the more we see Jimmy not showing up to MU games, not being featured by MUBB, etc. the more you have to wonder if maybe somebody had some accurate info...

Go ahead and copy/paste the posts from the past where it has been shared.  I look forward to you enlightening Scoop with facts versus speculation.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2023, 03:31:25 PM »
Go ahead and copy/paste the posts from the past where it has been shared.  I look forward to you enlightening Scoop with facts versus speculation.

Lol
Maigh Eo for Sam

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2023, 06:02:49 PM »
Wait, Jimmy has a beef with someone and nobody really knows why? I can't imagine that could ever happen...

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2023, 06:06:35 PM »
MU Ticketmaster site down - must be too many orders!

hmm...maybe selling more tickets than seats.

feedback