Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue ball for the trolls  (Read 6139 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Blue ball for the trolls
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2023, 10:18:11 PM »
Games like this are why I don't like the BEAST conference tournament:
- BEAST refs are not good enough to work a tournament format
- MSG gives home court advantage to the NY/NJ teams
- OT game and a physical one at that late in the season just takes legs away for the real tournament
- Thanks for no injuries to MU.  Hope Soriano is OK.

I know it'll never go away because the TV revenue is too huge - but that was just not a good basketball experience.

The Big East Tourney is incredible. So many iconic games and moments. The only thing better is the big dance. No other conference tournament, or even November tournament, comes anywhere close to it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2023, 10:26:10 PM »
The Big East Tourney is incredible. So many iconic games and moments. The only thing better is the big dance. No other conference tournament, or even November tournament, comes anywhere close to it.
I agree with this analysis
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2023, 10:50:28 PM »
Would love to win the whole thing and obviously we can. Getting out of it healthy either way matters the most.

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2023, 11:03:44 PM »
Totally agree. Winning this thing is banner worthy and would be fantastic. If we don’t win, though, I’d rather bow out tomorrow and get the extra rest. Of course, if we lose tomorrow we will never know what would have happened and it would be fun to play on Saturday night. So let’s just win tomorrow and Saturday. Grab a 2 seed and book tickets to Houston.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2023, 11:35:54 PM »

Well said, wades.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2023, 05:05:55 AM »
Agree with the refs.  Big East refs are bad, but all refs in basketball are bad.  Subject worth deeper discussion elsewhere.

St. John’s and Seton Hall have combined 6 Big East tournament titles.  St. John’s hasn’t won one since 2000.  Hall has one this century.

...and how many BET Champs are there west of Louisville. Zero. Only Pitt, Louisville and West Virginia have won. In the restructured Big East no team west of DC has won. There is truth saying MU, Creighton, X, DePaul and Butler go in at a disadvantage.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2023, 06:31:15 AM »
Really poor first half, unusual to be out-efforted by the opponent. Silly shot selection, and really loose with the ball.

Got after it on D in the second half and St. John's submitted. We'd have won going away if not for some uncharacteristic sloppiness. That over-and-back by Oso ... ugh. Oso made a mild run at a quadruple double -- 10 pts, 11 reb, 5 ast, 7 TO. Almost all of his TOs were weak and he seemed pretty indecisive at times; I'm sure he'd say he didn't have his best game.

Really good energy from our guys the last 25 minutes, though. Keep that going, make a few more shots, and take care of the ball ... and I like our chances to win a lot of games from here on out.

Nice summary Mike. The MU fans I met at halftime were, like me, shell-shocked.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2023, 08:43:30 AM »
...and how many BET Champs are there west of Louisville. Zero. Only Pitt, Louisville and West Virginia have won. In the restructured Big East no team west of DC has won. There is truth saying MU, Creighton, X, DePaul and Butler go in at a disadvantage.

Creighton has been to the final 3 times I believe.  One of those losses was to Georgetown.  Creighton fans travel well, too.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2023, 08:46:39 AM »
Creighton has been to the final 3 times I believe.  One of those losses was to Georgetown.  Creighton fans travel well, too.

Creighton won their first BET game since 2019 last night.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2023, 08:49:50 AM »

I believe that they took us down last year in the BET.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2023, 09:00:33 AM »

According to Jerry Palm, this is the first time Xavier has made the Big East semifinals since 2003
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2023, 09:10:33 AM »
I believe that they took us down last year in the BET.

Ooops, I meant Xavier.

my bad

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2023, 09:28:18 AM »
According to Jerry Palm, this is the first time Xavier has made the Big East semifinals since 2003

Impressive since they were in the A10 then.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2023, 09:33:20 AM »
Rewatching this morning before going out to shovel...

The first half momentum disappeared  with Stevie and OMax out.   I think we take those guys for granted.

Addae-Wusu is a mismatch that Anderson should have used more.

MU is so mentally tough that when they do make gaffes they stand out.  We have become accustomed to clockwork-like precision.

MU will be the third youngest team in the big dance.  Another thing we take for granted.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.