[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[May 01, 2024, 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I thought I was the jinx  (Read 4620 times)

21Jumpstreet

• All American
Re: I thought I was the jinx
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2023, 09:27:33 PM »
That was an old school, on your feet, yelling nearly the entire game sort of night. I love MU bball, and it’s been awhile since I felt the way I felt tonight. My heart is a little less young these days!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2023, 09:40:45 PM »
First game in almost exactly 17 years that I have been at without my family. 
Pitt, 2006.  Same feel, same energy, same result.

Beer with brewcity77 turned into firefighter stories.   Fun for us, hellishly boring for y'all.

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2023, 09:49:31 PM »
21 Jump

I literally am exhausted. I feel like I played tonight. Two post game beers to reflect, but I needed to head home. Tonight was what all of us have wanted from our program for a long and the win feels great.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2023, 10:07:07 PM »
I think we all have a little PTSD after that game.
MOM!!!
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2023, 10:07:42 PM »
Good to see mom back.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2023, 10:14:31 PM »
Like I texted, no jinx. Really good swapping stories. Maybe next time we'll find time to talk about the game  ;D
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2023, 10:27:17 PM »
I’ll admit OMax has not been one of my favorite players this year, but when they showed the replay of the tip-in on tv, man, he earned his scholarship with that one.  He was trailing *way* behind the action and somehow timed his jump just right to make the basket.  Amazing athleticism and hustle with a little good luck sprinkled on top.  One of the great singular plays of the last decade.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2023, 10:36:47 PM »
He was trailing *way* behind the action and somehow timed his jump just right to make the basket.  Amazing athleticism and hustle with a little good luck sprinkled on top.

This.

It was way more than just getting to the hoop because Nunge helped on Kam's drive. O-Max had to navigate traffic, time his leap, and get the ball over the rim. Probably the play of the season ... so far, anyway.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2023, 10:39:59 PM »
21 Jump

I literally am exhausted. I feel like I played tonight. Two post game beers to reflect, but I needed to head home. Tonight was what all of us have wanted from our program for a long and the win feels great.

Feel the exact same way

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2023, 10:42:35 PM »
Every year you lose games you should win (Purdue. Bucky).

Every year you win games you should lose. Tonight was THAT game.

Nothing says we should have won tonight. Our shooting was awful. We were tentative. We were tight and our core wasn’t on its game.

We won anyway! Kudos to Shaka and to Stevie!

Exactly right.  We were crazy tight and out of sorts but somehow found a way to dig deep and earn the W. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2023, 10:44:27 PM »
21 Jump

It took me some time to recover from that one Goose. 

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2023, 10:45:51 PM »
Oso's2 clutch FTs may deserve a thread of their own.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2023, 10:47:32 PM »

Those were enormous.  I thought XU should have been called for an intentional foul. 

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2023, 10:54:36 PM »

That’s a good point.  IIRC, I remember thinking I’d take one of two because that would’ve tied the game.  Never expected him to make both in that situation.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2023, 11:10:54 PM »
21 Jump

Couldn’t agree more, Goose.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2023, 11:25:41 PM »
That’s a good point.  IIRC, I remember thinking I’d take one of two because that would’ve tied the game.  Never expected him to make both in that situation.

Shooting 70% from the line since Jan. 11. He shot 74% last season. He's never gonna be Larry Bird from the line, but he's not Ben Wallace, either.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ski44

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2023, 11:32:11 PM »
Boum’s a great player but he sure likes to chirp the crowd when X has a comfortable lead then misses a late 3, turns the ball over and fails to box out on the game winning basket. Karma’s a bitch.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2023, 11:35:56 PM »
Shooting 70% from the line since Jan. 11. He shot 74% last season. He's never gonna be Larry Bird from the line, but he's not Ben Wallace, either.

If I’m looking at the right stats, he’s only shooting 50% this season in a larger sample size than last year.  You’re right, though, that he seems to be doing better lately.  He’s not Ben Wallace, or worse, Ian Happ!  Whatever his percentage is, he was nails tonight when it mattered.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2023, 11:38:48 PM »
21 Jump

Also quite exhausted. I feel a little bad for how much I jumped and yelled for the sake of the people behind me...but then again, this was a hell of a game to take in.

Really proud of our guys. So much heart and true brotherhood amongst them. It is an amazing thing to watch the team play for each other. That's gotta be a bit scary for opponents to see.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2023, 12:30:06 AM »
Also quite exhausted. I feel a little bad for how much I jumped and yelled for the sake of the people behind me...but then again, this was a hell of a game to take in.

Really proud of our guys. So much heart and true brotherhood amongst them. It is an amazing thing to watch the team play for each other. That's gotta be a bit scary for opponents to see.

You shouldn’t feel bad for anyone who is upset you’re excited about MU basketball… stupid seater vests…
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2023, 05:30:08 AM »
Do we think Kam just had a terrible game or is he dealing with some nagging injury or something?

Hopefully thats the worst he shoots the rest of the season. We need him to be consistent to make  deep runs
It is a simple diagnosis; Heaf firmly embedded in ass.
You are right that he is needed but not like that performance
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2023, 06:16:08 AM »
Tuesday's game should have a different feel. A lot less pressure on MU, as they won't be expected to win and a loss in Omaha won't hurt nearly as much as if they had lost tonight. I think they will be able to play in a more relaxed, loose way.

That could cut one of two ways. If Creighton is hungrier at home and MU feels like they have a cushion they could get blown out like they did at UConn.Creighton did that to Xavier.

If MU is less tight, but still focused, it should be another one that goes to the last minute like most of the games involving the league’s top 5 teams playing each other.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2023, 06:32:32 AM »
That could cut one of two ways. If Creighton is hungrier at home and MU feels like they have a cushion they could get blown out like they did at UConn.Creighton did that to Xavier.

If MU is less tight, but still focused, it should be another one that goes to the last minute like most of the games involving the league’s top 5 teams playing each other.

I feel that these are the types of ugly wins that give a team confidence. Some of our guys looked tentative tonight.  Many have never been in that big of a game with that many repercussions and it showed. Many of our assassins from three had off nights and barely caught rim.  That was nerves.  Getting over the hump like that and proving you can beat a good team when it matters adds invaluable winning experience for a young team.  The type of experience you can draw from down the road in even bigger games.   I think they will play well at Creighton.  Should be a fun one!

Also, glad you were able too see a win Tower!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2023, 06:43:29 AM »
It is a simple diagnosis; Heaf firmly embedded in ass.
You are right that he is needed but not like that performance

🤔
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2023, 07:05:56 AM »

In the words of the great Amos Lee, “Keep it loose. Keep it tight.”

feedback