[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2023 Coaching Carousel  (Read 97092 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: 2023 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #925 on: July 09, 2023, 10:57:37 PM »
Needless to say Huggy is burning the small bridge he has with WV to the ground. He will be persona non grata at that school for ever. Sad to see him double down on his mistakes but these are his choices.

I don't agree with this.  He's pretty universally loved there and took the BB team to the first FF in 60 years and more S16s than the entire prior history of the program combined.  People will forget about a contractual disagreement in a few years, especially since I imagine he will stay around Morgantown and be his jovial self for the next decade.  Its not like he had a contract dispute and will pop up as the coach of Pitt or Marshall in the next year or two.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #926 on: July 10, 2023, 08:17:06 PM »
'Yea but' ing his resignation feels like a bridge burned

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #927 on: July 10, 2023, 08:44:20 PM »
The drunk is getting pretty embarrassing.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #928 on: July 11, 2023, 08:30:21 AM »
I don't agree with this.  He's pretty universally loved there and took the BB team to the first FF in 60 years and more S16s than the entire prior history of the program combined.  People will forget about a contractual disagreement in a few years, especially since I imagine he will stay around Morgantown and be his jovial self for the next decade.  Its not like he had a contract dispute and will pop up as the coach of Pitt or Marshall in the next year or two.
I was referring to the University and administration since he has called out them and and his wife as liars. The few statements from the University seem very terse and refute Huggins claims with vigor. Huggins' public claims are indicative of someone who has zero desire to actually work at WV and he is going full scorched earth on this to get his money. I also believe he has thrown his own lawyer under the bus or at least changed representation recently. (he's acting like someone who is drunk)

I agree the fans could look past all this and think of him fondly. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #929 on: July 11, 2023, 12:06:07 PM »
I enjoyed the WV drunk more when our guy was dancing on the WV logo!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #930 on: July 11, 2023, 12:47:56 PM »
I was referring to the University and administration since he has called out them and and his wife as liars. The few statements from the University seem very terse and refute Huggins claims with vigor. Huggins' public claims are indicative of someone who has zero desire to actually work at WV and he is going full scorched earth on this to get his money. I also believe he has thrown his own lawyer under the bus or at least changed representation recently. (he's acting like someone who is drunk)

I agree the fans could look past all this and think of him fondly.

Is he really acting like someone who is drunk?  Or is it just shrewd business on his part?

Consider that this may have been a matter of a new lawyer pointing out that he left money on the table via his hasty (and apparently invalid) resignation.

a) Why wouldn't you at least try this approach? Especially if your new lawyer is working on contingency? If you contract says you have to submit a resignation in writing, and you never signed anything, then it seems like you have a valid argument that you haven't officially resigned. 

b) Why wouldn't you fire the original legal team that allowed you to "resign" by email or text message without actually reading what your contract says?  You're not "throwing them under the bus."  You're bringing on a new lawyer because the former one is apparently incompetent enough to not know the terms of your employment contract.

To me, the WVU administration is in damage control mode. They seem like they were in a rush to go public with a resignation announcement despite not actually having secured Huggins' resignation in writing as required by his contract. 

When they received Huggins' wife's social media message the proper response should have been "We'll be over in a few minutes with a document for Bob to sign."  Note they're NOT saying: "We have Bob Huggins' written and signed resignation letter in full compliance with his contract." 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #931 on: July 11, 2023, 12:49:59 PM »
Is he really acting like someone who is drunk?  Or is it just shrewd business on his part?

Consider that this may have been a matter of a new lawyer pointing out that he left money on the table via his hasty (and apparently invalid) resignation.

a) Why wouldn't you at least try this approach? Especially if your new lawyer is working on contingency? If you contract says you have to submit a resignation in writing, and you never signed anything, then it seems like you have a valid argument that you haven't officially resigned. 

b) Why wouldn't you fire the original legal team that allowed you to "resign" by email or text message without actually reading what your contract says?  You're not "throwing them under the bus."  You're bringing on a new lawyer because the former one is apparently incompetent enough to not know the terms of your employment contract.

To me, the WVU administration is in damage control mode. They seem like they were in a rush to go public with a resignation announcement despite not actually having secured Huggins' resignation in writing as required by his contract. 

When they received Huggins' wife's social media message the proper response should have been "We'll be over in a few minutes with a document for Bob to sign."  Note they're NOT saying: "We have Bob Huggins' written and signed resignation letter in full compliance with his contract." 

West Virginia's response. It's pretty clear that Huggins resigned if this is accurate.

https://twitter.com/ethanbock_/status/1678542795785502720?s=61&t=6XPB8f4sAKmJIzxgMcsCjw
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #932 on: July 11, 2023, 01:04:42 PM »

The 'drunk' comment was to a joke. Should have used teal.

I don't think his wife resigned over social media. The report that it initially came from a text.

I don't have any problem with him fighting and spinning (or not) the truth. It is his right. My point was going scorched earth on WVU and his wife's reputation is not going to endear him the the University.

Truth be told, I want him to continue on this crazy ass ride, I want him to trash his daughter, lawyers and players too, it is good theater since I don't care about Huggins or WVU.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #933 on: July 11, 2023, 02:15:10 PM »

West Virginia's response. It's pretty clear that Huggins resigned if this is accurate.

https://twitter.com/ethanbock_/status/1678542795785502720?s=61&t=6XPB8f4sAKmJIzxgMcsCjw

Per this his resignation was sent via his wife's email because Huggy doesn't have an email account. It wasn't sent via text or social media.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #934 on: July 11, 2023, 02:48:50 PM »

Sure it's clear to a "reasonable person", but honestly that's a pretty weak attempt by the GC to invalidate what is written in the employment agreement.  I'm guessing Huggy gets his money.