[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: UCONN -4  (Read 7534 times)

wisblue

• All American
Re: UCONN -4
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2023, 12:19:21 PM »
I can't speak for others, but that's not what I'm saying.

There's a difference between saying we're tired (but opponents aren't), the opponent desperately wants it (but we don't), they are due (but we aren't), we haven't played great lately (but they have), fear the February Fade because it's happened in the past, etc etc etc ... and simply saying of course there's a chance we lose this game on the road to a good team.

I mean, face it, we have some here who have been working OT to find reasons to fear every game lately -- Butler, Nova, DePaul, upcoming games against GT and Butler, and on and on. As if this is the 2017-18 team or the 2013-14 team or the 2005-06 team.

It's well known that for some athletes (and most coaches), fear of failure is a more prevalent emotion than joy of success. For them, wins bring relief, not elation, and losses bring depression. The same seems true for lots of fans. Personally, I'm trying hard to enjoy the great journey that this season has been without fearing every boogeyman lurking around the corner. Obviously, others are free to do the opposite and start worrying about Georgetown on Saturday before we even play UConn tonight.

We Are Marquette!

My comment was directed at a specific post  (the one quoted). Not sure why that set you off.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2023, 12:24:59 PM »
My comment was directed at a specific post  (the one quoted). Not sure why that set you off.

Doesn’t take much to set them off aina
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2023, 01:23:48 PM »
Respectfully disagree.

For the record...I'm not saying it is bad that they were tired, or anything to be concerned about.  I'm just pointing out what I saw in the arena on Saturday.  OMax and Oso each called out and OMax could hardly get up the court at one point in the 2nd half.

I'm not trying to make excuses for them or saying Shaka should either.  I don't care about margin of victory at this time of year, especially with a team that is 19-5.  This team is arguably in a better spot than any other in the conference and a win is a win and I'll celebrate each one the same!
VIOLENCE!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2023, 01:28:03 PM »
I am not buying the team is tired, maybe a little banged up, but not tired. There is plenty of time to be tired in mid April.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2023, 01:33:32 PM »
I am not buying the team is tired, maybe a little banged up, but not tired. There is plenty of time to be tired in mid April.

I don't think they are tired either, but relative to Saturday and Saturday only there were a few.
VIOLENCE!

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2023, 01:53:47 PM »
I can’t believe no one has mentioned one of the more important aspects of tonite’s game, that it’s on Fox Sports 1 and not the CBS Network.  👀

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2023, 01:57:52 PM »

No more tired than any other team, anyway
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Goose

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2023, 01:59:39 PM »
Rico

Agreed.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2023, 02:41:15 PM »
Kolek over 5.5 assists -135 on DK. It’s at 6 everywhere else.

I’m looking at Rutgers +4.5 in a likely letdown situation for IU. A two team teaser of MU and Rutgers looks interesting as well.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2023, 02:46:31 PM »
Marquette had no answer for Clingan in the previous game.
Will be interesting to see if Clingan has his way again.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2023, 02:51:10 PM »

I’m looking at Rutgers +4.5 in a likely letdown situation for IU. A two team teaser of MU and Rutgers looks interesting as well.

I got all over that as fast as possible on Prize Picks.  Has had 6 or more assists in 22 of 24 games this year. I don't understand that line at all.
VIOLENCE!

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2023, 02:54:17 PM »
Someone apparently doesn't accept the "not mutually exclusive, contradictory concepts" point of view.

Either you say that MU absolutely, positively, will win tonight or you're a "scared baby" who is "shaking in your boots" over UConn and this game.

Wah wah wahhhh

I'm just messing around man. I do think we win, though

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2023, 02:59:46 PM »
Marquette had no answer for Clingan in the previous game.
Will be interesting to see if Clingan has his way again.

That may have been a feature instead of a bug. MU did a nice job of guarding the perimeter that game I thought.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2023, 03:03:49 PM »

Not relevant, but we saw Tyler after the game, before he headed to the locker room. Guy had red marks all over from where he’d been hit. Physical game, long season. Tough kid.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2023, 03:25:37 PM »

Didn't you see the injury news for Rutgers?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2023, 03:38:00 PM »
Didn't you see the injury news for Rutgers?

Yes, I know Mag is out. It’s more the let down spot for IU that has my attention, but Mag did bully IU in the first meeting. Rutgers first half ML might be a better play the more I think about it.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2023, 04:11:31 PM »
Ever since the first game, I've thought this is the one game in the regular season where we'll get spanked.  The way we played the last couple games doesn't give me an improved outlook.  I will say UConn is the one Big East team that is not likely to deviate how they play defense against us.

Just think they match our quickness and have size we can't counter tonight.  We've got a chance, but we can't keep switching and ending up with Jones trying to stop Clingan inside.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2023, 04:39:42 PM »
Something tells me it won’t be Clingan we struggle with tonight, Sanogo will probably feast.

Let him though, and win despite of it

Goose

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2023, 04:53:58 PM »
I am more concerned with Sanogo than Clingan. MU made him look like at AA in the first game and think that will change tonight.

It will come down to turnovers and shooting well. If that happens, MU wins.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2023, 05:01:46 PM »
We'll miss Sean Jones contributions tonight.  He really changed the UCONN game in MKE.  I'm going to go out on a limb and project Ben Gold to contribute more tonight than we would expect.

Gonna be a tough one, and we are the hunted now.  Win this game and we are in pole position to win the Big East.  I think this game is a harder game to win than @ Creighton.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2023, 05:07:05 PM »
We'll miss Sean Jones contributions tonight.  He really changed the UCONN game in MKE.  I'm going to go out on a limb and project Ben Gold to contribute more tonight than we would expect.

Gonna be a tough one, and we are the hunted now.  Win this game and we are in pole position to win the Big East.  I think this game is a harder game to win than @ Creighton.

Sadly, McDermott owns Shaka
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2023, 05:09:46 PM »

Sean Jones is playing
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2023, 05:14:12 PM »

No we won’t. He’s playing.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2023, 05:18:21 PM »

Good news for us is that Sean's back!
VIOLENCE!

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2023, 05:20:40 PM »
Sean Jones is playing

This is great news!