Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: With the price of eggs, MU could not afford to lay one.  (Read 2983 times)

real chili 83

• All American
Re: With the price of eggs, MU could not afford to lay one.
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2023, 04:31:36 PM »
Not in 17 years.  Why?

Stopped at 8.

That’s all.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2023, 05:05:27 PM »
AND THEY DIDN'T
1.  I am starting to worry about the switching all 5 spots defense.    I do not like watching TK, Kam, and Steve guarding the post.   PTSD flashbacks to the Wojo defense.   
2.    Sean out for the game.   Kam ineffective after the hip injury.    MU depth tested.    Need both to get healthy.   Suit up, Emarion.
3.   David Joplin, knowing he isn't coming out, lights up.    Loved TK talking absolute crap to him after that brain dead heat check 3 airball.  Have yourself a day, young man.   It was a long week and the board had to talk about something, but does anyone want to revisit their thoughts on playing Gold more than Joplin?     Asking for a friend.     
4.   The scouting report on OMax is when he starts to drive to get a hand in from help.   OMax isn't giving it up once he has two feet in the paint.  The next step in his development is to tighten up his dribble and learn how to pass off the drive.    He never stopped working on defense.    Love the attitude.  Love the motor.   
5.   TK and Oso.   The twin pillars.   What a luxury to have those two passing and finishing.
6.   Second half adjustment..... make shots. 
7.   It was a sloppy first half.    Struggled to find rhythm after a week off and adjusting their rotation.   
8.  But you know, first place in the Big East.     Boo-yah.   

edit:   Somehow I typed over that first line and missed it.    Mea Culpa.

I saw the game a bit differently:

1.  Switch away...I trust our coaches to understand when this creates issues...
2.  Kam needs to be healthy.  I like SJ...but they are fine without him.
3.  Agreed...but second game in a row that I believe he's played better defense as well.
4.  If the scouting report is to "get a hand in" he will abuse mismatches.  I don't see him struggle to pass out of the double, but I do think he can mature with the use of his speed.  Oso gets this so well...there's a time when you can be a little methodical and a time to attack the rim quickly.
5. No doubt.
6.  Second half adjustment...move the dang ball...less isolation ball and more team ball.
7.  Yup.
8.  I was so excited when MU landed Shaka...had what I thought were huge expectations...didn't expect to be sitting atop the BEAST.
9.  OUR REBOUNDING LOOKED BETTER THAN EVER. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2023, 05:10:30 PM »
9.  OUR REBOUNDING LOOKED BETTER THAN EVER.
+12 on the boards.
Oso with 8 assists.
Nice
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2023, 06:40:14 PM »
Just an interesting side note:

Oso has made his last 12 shots, has not missed in two games.
In last four games, he is 23 for 26 from the field, that is 88%.

Averaging seven shots a game.  Not bad, maybe shoot more.
Maybe he has shot the shots he needs to take and that is why.
Goal is National Championship

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2023, 08:29:53 PM »
I give DPU a ton of credit for the defensive effort. They gave Marquette fits in the first half. But they couldn't last after 30 minutes when Marquette just started pouring it on.  Second game in a row where the Warriors just laid down the hammer in the second half. Just beautiful.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback