[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Look out for Georgetown!  (Read 3758 times)

BLWarrior91

• All American
Look out for Georgetown!
« on: January 24, 2023, 09:38:26 PM »
Georgetown snaps their Big East record 29 game losing streak tonight against DePaul.  They’re hot!

Marquette’s next opponent:  DePaul.  They beat Xavier but lose to Georgetown.  Let’s hope we turn their place into Fiserv South and crush them.

PointWarrior

• All American
Re: Look out for Georgetown!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 09:58:04 PM »
But now DePaul is going to be playing with a chip on their shoulder against MU (says the COLE).

Or does this now make Depaul not a double trap game? 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 10:01:12 PM by PointWarrior »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 10:02:15 PM »
I was hoping the 47 fans would have stormed the court after Georgetown's win.

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 10:06:38 PM »
I was hoping the 47 fans would have stormed the court after Georgetown's win.

There was HUGE crowd of 3,724 on hand in the largest arena in the Big East.  Yet some fool was arguing on Twitter that the Georgetown job is better than the MU job. 

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 10:10:30 PM »
The ending to that game provided me with brain damage. Yikes.

Marquette Fan in WI

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 10:22:33 PM »
Ewing hasn’t aged well.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 10:44:12 PM »
Ewing hasn’t aged well.

I’m not sure one can while losing 29 games in a row. He might have one of those Presidential before and after pictures.

Has the sleeping giant in DC awoken? Or has the other sleeping giant awoken due to this loss?

DFW HOYA

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 11:11:50 PM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 11:31:03 PM »

I can't claim credit for this but I love it
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2023, 05:24:23 AM »
Just wait…years from now, hundreds of people will claim that they were at that game.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2023, 07:00:42 AM »
There was HUGE crowd of 3,724 on hand in the largest arena in the Big East.  Yet some fool was arguing on Twitter that the Georgetown job is better than the MU job.

When we broke off from the American, that same clown was probably one of the people who said that the new BE should be referred to as "the Georgetown Conference."
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2023, 07:22:11 AM »
Georgetown is the Dallas Cowboys of college hoops.  Though they may be incredibly incompetent they have a following or a brand so big you can’t even comprehend. 

They warrant mention on ESPN’s ticker for everything they do.  Win or lose, they make news. 

Yes, they are a better job — it’s not a facilities situation, an alignment with the President situation or even a local fan support situation.  It’s the fact it’s a brand, a big old MF’ing brand that the entire country cares about and if they’re rolling, the place will be rocking.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2023, 07:52:33 AM »
Georgetown is the Dallas Cowboys of college hoops.  Though they may be incredibly incompetent they have a following or a brand so big you can’t even comprehend. 

They warrant mention on ESPN’s ticker for everything they do.  Win or lose, they make news. 

Yes, they are a better job — it’s not a facilities situation, an alignment with the President situation or even a local fan support situation.  It’s the fact it’s a brand, a big old MF’ing brand that the entire country cares about and if they’re rolling, the place will be rocking.
Last I checked, people show up for Dallas Cowboy games.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2023, 07:55:35 AM »
Georgetown snaps their Big East record 29 game losing streak tonight against DePaul.  They’re hot!

Marquette’s next opponent:  DePaul.  They beat Xavier but lose to Georgetown.  Let’s hope we turn their place into Fiserv South and crush them.
I am glad for the kids on the team that they got a conference win so they don't have to deal with talking about the streak.

Watching that game, DePaul can give us some trouble at their place, I think.  They can match our quickness and they attack the offensive glass.  We are certainly more skilled, but if they make a few shots, the game could be close at the end.

Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2023, 07:59:18 AM »

A lot of those 3,700 fans came dressed as empty seats.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2023, 09:37:41 AM »
I am glad for the kids on the team that they got a conference win so they don't have to deal with talking about the streak.

Watching that game, DePaul can give us some trouble at their place, I think.  They can match our quickness and they attack the offensive glass.  We are certainly more skilled, but if they make a few shots, the game could be close at the end.

The metrics say DePaul is bad at everything.  Hopefully they are bad at everything on Saturday and it will be a 20 point win. 

Lightning could strike but our team is good enough this year that hopefully it won’t be an issue if they hit a couple shots initially.  I think they come out playing hard with a crowd size they haven’t seen all year at their place but MU will keep punching them in the mouth until their coach looks like Shaheen Holloway in the second half of last Saturday’s game.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2023, 09:42:19 AM »
Best thread in a long time.
Continuous belly busters.
Great work Scoopers! TY!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2023, 09:53:03 AM »
R-E-L-A-X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's DePaul.

I know our team and the Winnie don't mix, but I think this year is different. We've yet to lose a game to a team quite like DePaul (though Mississippi State is about as close as we came). What's DePaul have that say UConn didn't?

Coach Shaka has the guys prepared. Plus, as we found in the Notre Dame game, Coach Shaka understands rivalries. We got this one!

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2023, 10:18:48 AM »
R-E-L-A-X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's DePaul.

I know our team and the Winnie don't mix, but I think this year is different. We've yet to lose a game to a team quite like DePaul (though Mississippi State is about as close as we came). What's DePaul have that say UConn didn't?

Coach Shaka has the guys prepared. Plus, as we found in the Notre Dame game, Coach Shaka understands rivalries. We got this one!

We've yet to lose a game to a team quite like DePaul (though Mississippi State is about as close as we came)

... and Wisconsin

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2023, 10:29:23 AM »
If DePaul goes nuts from three I can see an upset. But I saw a ton of iso from them last night that MU should be able to deal with.

They've averaged 3,400 per game this year and it's sold out. Hopefully that means a huge MU contingent.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2023, 11:23:14 AM »
If DePaul goes nuts from three I can see an upset. But I saw a ton of iso from them last night that MU should be able to deal with.

They've averaged 3,400 per game this year and it's sold out. Hopefully that means a huge MU contingent.

Like the old days at the Horizon.  Busses from MKE.  This is National DePaul Day so it will be more balanced. Will the Ringmaster be brought back to MC?

DFW HOYA

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2023, 12:02:33 PM »

The Dallas Cowboys average 93,465 a game, 1st in the NFL. Georgetown hasn't sold out a game in 10 years. They've eviscerated the fan base.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2023, 12:07:51 PM »
Like the old days at the Horizon.  Busses from MKE.  This is National DePaul Day so it will be more balanced. Will the Ringmaster be brought back to MC?

There were lots of tickets available when I bought a few weeks ago. Hope it isn't even close to being balanced, and is highly skewed in our favor.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2023, 12:11:07 PM »
If Georgetown won't pay a coach as much, won't pay assistants as much and won't invest as much capital into the program as a whole, it's not as good a coaching job as Marquette -- and many other places. No matter how good a "brand" it allegedly still is or how often ESPN shows their scores.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2023, 12:57:40 PM »

I completely disagree.  Even at the lowest point of the Dukiet era, MU was drawing over 10k a game to the MECCA and then 13k to the Bradley Center.  Georgetown is pulling in less than 5k per game.  That looks like apathy has set in.  That’s the worst thing that can happen to a once great program.  One would think it can be rebuilt; great school, basketball tradition, a huge NBA arena, etc.  Ewing definitely wasn’t the answer.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 03:45:50 PM by BLWarrior91 »