collapse

* Recent Posts

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:01:08 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Excerpts from Stephen A. Smith Upcoming Book  (Read 840 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Excerpts from Stephen A. Smith Upcoming Book
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 11:21:27 AM »
On a scale of 1 to 10, I am infinitely sure I will never read this book.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 12:22:11 PM »
Ive changed my tune on SAS and have come to appreciate him a lot more (the only entertainment personality Ive positively flipped on more is Guy Fieri), but that being said, I have near zero interest on reading his memoir.  His mannerisms and vocal ability are 80% of the reason his dialogue is interesting

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 02:06:23 PM »
You'd better have a good personal story about Guy Fieri because every anecdote I've heard is that he's a twatwaffle.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 02:28:24 PM »
On a scale of 1 to 10, I am infinitely sure I will never read this book.

+1000.

I IMAGINE THE BOOK WILL BE ALL CAPS!!!!!!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2023, 02:53:27 PM »
You'd better have a good personal story about Guy Fieri because every anecdote I've heard is that he's a twatwaffle.

Interesting, cause Ive heard the complete opposite, which changed my tune.  And each one was from someone who wasn't a "fan".  Old coworker hung out with him at a restaurant show a few years ago and raved about what a genuinely nice guy he was.  Another friend met him during media upfronts and then had a meeting with him for ad buy related stuff 3-4 months later and Guy remembered him, what they spoke about, and was genuinely engaging.  Then one of his companies spoke with my BIL about restaurant space and my BIL had always thought he was a giant douche but said he was great.  Said he's a character but was less egotistical than 95% of major restaurant owners in NYC.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2023, 03:25:03 PM »
I think Guy has a great recipe for fried chicken and twatwaffles.   :D

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2023, 03:42:44 PM »

Came here for this.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2023, 11:47:54 PM »
Interesting, cause Ive heard the complete opposite, which changed my tune.  And each one was from someone who wasn't a "fan".  Old coworker hung out with him at a restaurant show a few years ago and raved about what a genuinely nice guy he was.  Another friend met him during media upfronts and then had a meeting with him for ad buy related stuff 3-4 months later and Guy remembered him, what they spoke about, and was genuinely engaging.  Then one of his companies spoke with my BIL about restaurant space and my BIL had always thought he was a giant douche but said he was great.  Said he's a character but was less egotistical than 95% of major restaurant owners in NYC.

A friend of mine worked on one of his shows. According to her he is a MASSIVE twatwaffle. But I'm not surprised to here your anecdotes, her experience was that he is great to the public but is an a$$ to the peasants who work under him.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2023, 03:19:21 PM »
+1000.

I wondered if the audiobook version entails him screaming the book at you.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2023, 03:47:37 PM »
A friend of mine worked on one of his shows. According to her he is a MASSIVE twatwaffle. But I'm not surprised to here your anecdotes, her experience was that he is great to the public but is an a$$ to the peasants who work under him.

That tracks.  Unfortunately its not uncommon, and not even just in entertainment.

I know through family a professional athlete who was known to be cantankerous with media and obnoxious/demanding/rude to team personnel staffers.  Off the field, he is patient and generous with his time, extremely well liked in the community where he lives, and the kind of person to always stop or take out headphones to speak to someone who recognized him.

Hell, I had a former coworker who was 5-6 years older than me that I knew through alumni circles.  He is a great and friendly person and he and his wife were always thoughtful and fun to be around.  Once I started at the company we worked at together, I was stunned to hear he was an awful boss and a royal PITA within his group.