'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Xavier Game Watching - Goolsbys  (Read 9959 times)

MUDAN05

• Walk-On
Xavier Game Watching - Goolsbys
« on: January 09, 2023, 05:39:20 PM »
I’ve read the content on this message board for years, but this is my first post.  I was recently talking with someone at Marquette’s Alumni Engagement Office and told them I was a little disappointed that for a game like Xavier which is on big Fox, there was not an away game viewing party in Milwaukee.  Although it is short notice, we reached out to Major Goolsbys and they are going to reserve a portion of the restaurant for Sunday’s game against Xavier.  Marquette should be including this in their alumni newsletter on Wednesday along with putting it on their social media this week.  No need to register or anything.  Many people have MLK day off the next day, so a great time for a Sunday Funday.

It’s a big game and it would be great to get a decent turnout on short notice.  Pass along to your fellow Marquette friends.  I am hoping for 20-30 people.  If it works out, next season, we will try and organize two away game viewing parties in Milwaukee a lot more in advance. 

GO MARQUETTE!

Shooter McGavin

• All American
Re: Xavier Game Watching - Goolsbys
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 05:42:54 PM »
Nice.  Hope you get a crowd.  Should get way more than 30 people.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 05:50:42 PM »
I heard Sultan is hosting a watch party at Mecca for Xavier fans if anyone is interested.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 06:01:07 PM »
I remember the Chicagoland alumni association used to hold game watching parties for almost every game at the schoolyard. Now the crowds are pretty pathetic at Commonwealth or Old Town Pub compared to those days.

Honestly they should go back to trying to develop various game watching parties for all major games.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hallmarq

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 06:06:17 PM »
Schoolyard was decent, I liked the few years when Four Shadows was a watching partner. But I agree that regular chicago viewing parties would be good.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 06:09:38 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a good idea and will try and attend.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 06:32:36 PM »
I remember the Chicagoland alumni association used to hold game watching parties for almost every game at the schoolyard. Now the crowds are pretty pathetic at Commonwealth or Old Town Pub compared to those days.

Honestly they should go back to trying to develop various game watching parties for all major games.

I wish Commonwealth had better food.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 07:01:11 PM »

Does Commonwealth even show games? I had to fight tooth and nail to get the game, much less sound for games last year
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 07:04:19 PM »
I’ve read the content on this message board for years, but this is my first post.  I was recently talking with someone at Marquette’s Alumni Engagement Office and told them I was a little disappointed that for a game like Xavier which is on big Fox, there was not an away game viewing party in Milwaukee.  Although it is short notice, we reached out to Major Goolsbys and they are going to reserve a portion of the restaurant for Sunday’s game against Xavier.  Marquette should be including this in their alumni newsletter on Wednesday along with putting it on their social media this week.  No need to register or anything.  Many people have MLK day off the next day, so a great time for a Sunday Funday.

It’s a big game and it would be great to get a decent turnout on short notice.  Pass along to your fellow Marquette friends.  I am hoping for 20-30 people.  If it works out, next season, we will try and organize two away game viewing parties in Milwaukee a lot more in advance. 

GO MARQUETTE!

Welcome to Scoop. Hope to see you post more.

We are the most rational college fan board in the country..., oops, I forgot you said you browsed the forum before.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2023, 07:09:53 PM »
I wish Commonwealth had better food.

Yeah. That was a win for Schoolyard and Cortlands garage. Never ate at Four Shadows.

Does Commonwealth even show games? I had to fight tooth and nail to get the game, much less sound for games last year

Haven't been this year but last year they did. From what I recall they didn't put the sound on till we asked. I think they're a Notre Dame bar first and foremost.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2023, 07:18:57 PM »
Try Leavitt Street Inn in Chicago. Great food and alumni owned.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 10:41:56 PM by Miss Katie’s »

MUDAN05

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2023, 07:34:06 PM »
Welcome to Scoop. Hope to see you post more.

We are the most rational college fan board in the country..., oops, I forgot you said you browsed the forum before.

Tom Crean sucks…yes, been here a while😀

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2023, 07:42:50 PM »
Watched Wardle hit at that 3 vs. Louisville at The Major.  Can’t beat it. 

Also, The Major on Twitter is almost as good as the burgers. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2023, 07:45:45 PM »
Tom Crean sucks…yes, been here a while😀

Keep this chit up and ya mite earn an invite ta a Meat Summit, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2023, 07:53:48 PM »

GO MARQUETTE!

make sure they have plenty of meat!!  none of that tofu, i think it's a burger, soy imitation mock chicken lips vegan waste...think arby's only better!  real wisco cheese curds that will stick to the roof of your arse and back ya up till wednesday damn it!
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2023, 08:00:04 PM »
oh, and welcome to scoopdom dano-careful, don't feed the mope squad cuz once ya do that,  just like a stray animal...

another 10/10 nothing but net with 1/2 my brain tied behind my back blindfolded, balancing a nitrous tank on my noggin
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2023, 08:07:50 PM »

GO MARQUETTE!

I can tell you didn’t attend the dental school
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2023, 08:49:41 PM »
I can tell you didn’t attend the dental school

7:46.  Indirect.

erubiel

• Walk-On
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2023, 08:59:02 PM »
Try Leaviit Street Inn in Chicago. Great food and alumni owned.

Leavitt Street is undefeated. MU alum, Teddy Harris making it happen!

https://www.theleavittstreet.com/

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2023, 09:04:02 PM »
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2023, 09:14:53 PM »
Kirkwoods in Chicago (traditionally Indiana basketball/Nebraska football bar) has been managed by a Marquette alum for the last several years. Pretty much every game on the TV's and not unheard of to have audio for some big ones

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2023, 09:25:56 PM »
Try Leaviit Street Inn in Chicago. Great food and alumni owned.

Can attest to that. Really good people. 

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2023, 12:17:41 AM »
Schoolyard was decent, I liked the few years when Four Shadows was a watching partner. But I agree that regular chicago viewing parties would be good.

Yes Schoolyard was a great game waiting venue. Lots of MU fans went. I liked it.   Cool place

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2023, 09:13:17 AM »
Watched Wardle hit at that 3 vs. Louisville at The Major.  Can’t beat it. 

Also, The Major on Twitter is almost as good as the burgers.

For that game, I was at the MU “watch party” at Freedom Hall. Some fist-pumping gray haired dude in a suit wearing indoor shades was cut off at the bar. It was hilarious and awesome 😎!

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2023, 09:14:46 AM »
Some fist-pumping gray haired dude in a suit wearing indoor shades was cut off at the bar. It was hilarious and awesome 😎!

Was it Mike Deane?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback