collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 03:19:42 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by tower912
[Today at 02:57:23 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Xavier Football  (Read 2646 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Xavier Football
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2023, 11:58:59 AM »
Actually it just may be that men see better opportunities getting high paying jobs (HVAC, Welders, Plumbers, Electricians) without incurring high college debt for an over priced BS/BA.

Sure, Jan
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2023, 12:22:20 PM »
Actually it just may be that men see better opportunities getting high paying jobs (HVAC, Welders, Plumbers, Electricians) without incurring high college debt for an over priced BS/BA.

Or that men are 20% more likely than women to drop out of college.

https://research.com/universities-colleges/college-dropout-rates#:~:text=College%20Dropout%20Rates%20by%20Gender&text=Data%20likewise%20shows%20that%20there,%2C%20(ThinkImpact%2C%202021).
Have some patience, FFS.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2023, 12:29:57 PM »
It was just the opposite in the 60s when I was at MU and it was perceived as unfair and and something had to be done to make it more equitable. Now that its flipped there is nothing to see here.
Amazing
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2023, 01:00:11 PM »
There are multiple factors at play.    muwarrior69 and warriorchick's points are not in contradiction with each other.    Both/and more, vs either/or.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2023, 01:27:00 PM »
A new stadium site has allegedly been picked out somewhere on Montgomery Road.

There is giant strip mall next to the Cintas Center parking lot, also on Montgomery, that has been mostly vacant for the 5 years I've been coming here.  Wonder if that's it?

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2023, 01:38:48 PM »
They’re gonna build a stadium for this?! Sheesh

I agree with this.  Building a stadium seems a big waste of resources. 
My kid says there's a severe shortage of parking on campus.  Students get kicked out of the main lot for home games. They should add a tiered parking lot and expand the Cintas instead (if possible).

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2023, 02:01:03 PM »
My kid says there's a severe shortage of parking on campus.

This is said by every college student on every college campus.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2023, 03:39:14 PM »
This is said by every college student on every college campus.

I got to think schools don't like building big parking structures.  It takes away a space that can be used for a more useful and productive building.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2023, 03:48:11 PM »
I got to think schools don't like building big parking structures.  It takes away a space that can be used for a more useful and productive building.

And it discourages kids from bringing cars to school. Unless you are a commuter student or have an off-campus job that isn't served by public transportation, you really don't need one. Probably prevents a lot of drunk driving as well.
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2023, 03:50:09 PM »
Xavier’s parking situation is worse than most I’ve been on.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2023, 03:59:53 PM »

Parking structures are expensive.

And it discourages kids from bringing cars to school. Unless you are a commuter student or have an off-campus job that isn't served by public transportation, you really don't need one. Probably prevents a lot of drunk driving as well.

Yep.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2023, 04:14:26 PM »
Parking structures are expensive.

And there aren't many big donors who are eager to write a big check to get the parking structure named after them.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 07:20:38 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2023, 04:23:34 PM »
FoxConn parking ramp?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2023, 08:20:01 PM »
FoxConn parking ramp?

Mecca Sports Bar & Grill Parking Structure?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2023, 08:21:56 PM »
Mecca Sports Bar & Grill Parking Structure?
Badger tailgating?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2023, 07:55:38 AM »

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2023, 09:58:15 AM »
Chicago State looking to add football. This was a school who was going bankrupt a few years ago.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/2023/1/26/23573667/chicago-state-university-football-program-expand-womens-sports?fbclid=IwAR2nUC5Uy47hSmQ21Hf5ip04_tU5Afmt9iQxSBEeXgKkRzppBF7PDLgaBqI

Is it April 1st? 

Their MBB team has won more than 15 games ONCE in over 30 years as a D1 program.  More than 10 games 3 times.  Their womans team is equally terrible and set a record for most consecutive D-1 losses I belive.  Oh and they no longer have a conference.

They just started mens soccer a few years ago...they've won 4 games in 3 seasons...total.

But sure, start a football program, makes sense!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2023, 10:12:17 AM »
Is it April 1st? 

Their MBB team has won more than 15 games ONCE in over 30 years as a D1 program.  More than 10 games 3 times.  Their womans team is equally terrible and set a record for most consecutive D-1 losses I belive.  Oh and they no longer have a conference.

They just started mens soccer a few years ago...they've won 4 games in 3 seasons...total.

But sure, start a football program, makes sense!

Some insane percentage of the school is on athletic scholarship. Maybe it's their attempt to expand?
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2023, 10:41:04 AM »
Yes, this is clearly an enrollment play.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2023, 01:23:01 PM »
Some insane percentage of the school is on athletic scholarship. Maybe it's their attempt to expand?

Wow, I didn't realize it was only 1600-1700 undergrads, assumed it was much larger.  Guess that makes more sense.