collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Crazed fan bases  (Read 603 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Crazed fan bases
« on: December 05, 2022, 05:20:10 PM »
Until this year my interaction with fan bases has been limited to Marquette , and limited interactions with places former coaches went, and opponents.
Little pbiflyer is a freshman at UCF, so I got to see their fan base up close including social media and fan boards.
They make our fan base seem downright normal and sane.
They wanted to bench the QB even though  he was three time offensive player of the week, fired second year coach even though he got them to the championship game, get rid of the AD who got them from the American to the Big 12.

They are only a few years removed from a winless season. Yikes on their expectations. Granted they had a couple stinkers but star QB was hurt.

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: Crazed fan bases
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 05:50:19 PM »
Football in the South is a whole different ball of wax than sports in the North. TCU (a whopping 9,500 students strong) just announced a $40 million weightlifting facility for football.

If UCF fans are frustrated now, the move to the Big XII will test their patience. Even without OU and TX, who have not been the powerhouses of the Big XII lately, the competition will be a big step up.

UCF should be good in the long run but the next few years could be very difficult.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 09:52:34 PM »
I think they should fit in well in the long run, as you noted. They play far better offense than defense.
The fan base is going nuts with portal entries and even non-entries.
It is stunning the general lack of knowledge with the rules. The starting QB said he’d be back and most were perplexed how he could have an additional year of eligibility. He sat out Covid year. So no loss of eligibility.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 05:52:46 PM »
SEC Football is in it's own category. I've never been to a game, but have been in the cities before/after games. It's on a different level.

For basketball, Indiana is on it's own level. I went to the IU/MU game a few years back and was extremely impressed with how hardcore they are (pre-game, during the game, and post-game). I've been to Mackey, Hinkle, Rupp, etc. IU fans take the cake easily. 

feedback