[Today at 04:57:21 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Victims of hate in Colorado -- but heroes, too  (Read 2574 times)

MU82

• All American
Victims of hate in Colorado -- but heroes, too
« on: November 20, 2022, 06:20:58 PM »
Patrons of the LGBTQ Colorado Springs club where a hate-filled gunman opened fire last night ended the attack by taking aggressive action at the risk of their own lives.

From the NYT:

COLORADO SPRINGS — At least five people were killed when a man stormed into an L.G.B.T.Q. nightclub in Colorado Springs just before midnight on Saturday and opened fire with a long rifle, the authorities said. Officials praised patrons inside the club for quickly subduing the gunman, though at least 25 people were injured in the mayhem.

Here are the details:

Early reports indicate that the suspect entered the establishment, Club Q, wearing body armor, and began firing with an AR-15 style rifle, according to two law enforcement officials briefed on the shooting. One of the club’s owners, who reviewed surveillance video of the scene, said the gunman entered the nightclub with “tremendous firepower.”

Mayor John Suthers of Colorado Springs said that someone had acted quickly to grab a handgun from the suspect, then hit him with it, subduing him. When police burst in, the man was still on top of gunman, pinning him down, Mr. Suthers told The New York Times.

The city’s police chief, Adrian Vasquez, said that investigators were still working to determine who owned the weapons used in the shooting. He identified the suspect as Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, and said the authorities were investigating a motive. A person of the same name and age was arrested by sheriff’s deputies last year after a bomb threat outside Colorado Springs.

The owners of Club Q, Matthew Haynes and Nic Grzecka, said one of the bar’s patrons had rushed the gunman and subdued him, then another had helped to hold the man down. “I don’t even know the names of these people,” Grzecka said. “But what they did is incredible.”
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
Re: Victims of hate in Colorado -- but heroes, too
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 06:47:47 PM »
I respect the hell out of anyone who charges the gun.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 01:01:52 AM »
Incredibly brave of the unarmed people to take on a heavily armed gunman. Heroes who saved countless lives.

Strange that a certain news outlet is barely covering this hate crime and the heroics of the people involved.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2022, 06:03:19 AM »
Incredibly brave of the unarmed people to take on a heavily armed gunman. Heroes who saved countless lives.

Strange that a certain news outlet is barely covering this hate crime and the heroics of the people involved.

hmmm, and which "news outlet" might this be?  surely it couldn't be the one you guys don't watch because it's all b.s., but then how would you know?  only us cro magnon meat eaters watch "that one".  oh, that's only if it's "the one" you are most likely referring to. full disclosure (loud gasp) i watch it (a little bit) (more loud gasps) and i have seen quite a bit of that indescribably horrific crime perpetrated by an evil dude with a gun.  they are also reporting about that  indescribably horrific crime perpetrated by the evil person(s) with a knife(knives).  well that's what i heard anyway from someone who regularly watches that dastardly "news outlet" which shouldn't even be allowed on tv without some kind of warning i guess   

don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 07:26:51 AM »
  hmmm, and which "news outlet" might this be?  surely it couldn't be the one you guys don't watch because it's all b.s., but then how would you know?  only us cro magnon meat eaters watch "that one".  oh, that's only if it's "the one" you are most likely referring to. full disclosure (loud gasp) i watch it (a little bit) (more loud gasps) and i have seen quite a bit of that indescribably horrific crime perpetrated by an evil dude with a gun.  they are also reporting about that  indescribably horrific crime perpetrated by the evil person(s) with a knife(knives).  well that's what i heard anyway from someone who regularly watches that dastardly "news outlet" which shouldn't even be allowed on tv without some kind of warning i guess   

Fantastic!  This is a solid 9.5 out of 10

Just about has it all.  Great way to start a week!
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2022, 07:48:50 AM »

Gasp!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2022, 07:52:53 AM »
Thank you for your contribution, snowflake.   

A hate crime that could have been so much worse.   But the carnage was stopped by courage.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2022, 05:06:23 AM »
A decorated war vet and a drag queen go into a bar....

and tragically become heroes.

Courage in the face of carnage.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2022, 07:35:34 AM »
Thank you for your contribution, snowflake.   

A hate crime that could have been so much worse.   But the carnage was stopped by courage.

Are they not all hate crimes.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-springs-shooting-army-veteran-speaks-disarms-club-q-shooter-aldrich
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 07:45:20 AM by muwarrior69 »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2022, 07:46:34 AM »
No.  Today's mass shooting in Oklahoma has the appearance of being about greed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 07:48:53 AM by tower912 »

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2022, 09:09:35 AM »
Unarmed vet and a drag queen way braver than those donut munching fat boys in Uvalde.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2022, 09:12:31 AM »
Unarmed vet and a drag queen way braver than those donut munching fat boys in Uvalde.

Only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a gay guy without a gun.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022, 09:31:44 AM »
Only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a gay guy without a gun.

Great line.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2022, 09:42:05 AM »

Not sure I get the reference.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2022, 09:45:50 AM »
Not sure I get the reference.

I believe it's a reference to the 376 cops who waited outside Robb Elementary School in Uvalde while kids were being killed inside.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2022, 10:04:09 AM »
No.  Today's mass shooting in Oklahoma has the appearance of being about greed.

...and greed cannot lead to hate resulting in 4 dead.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2022, 10:05:32 AM »
Are they not all hate crimes.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-springs-shooting-army-veteran-speaks-disarms-club-q-shooter-aldrich

Are you asking if all shootings are hate crimes? If so, no they are not all hate crimes. A hate crime is when someone is targeted for being a member of a federally protected class. The Colorado Springs victims seem to have been targeted because of their sexual orientation. The victims in Uvalde were targeted because of the shooter's connection to that school, ergo, not a hate crime.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2022, 10:26:20 AM »
I believe it's a reference to the 376 cops who waited outside Robb Elementary School in Uvalde while kids were being killed inside.

Are those the cops that didn't enter the room despite a now deceased 11-year old girl calling 911 begging for help?

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2022, 11:37:42 AM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2022, 12:13:20 PM »
https://www.insider.com/colorado-county-sheriffs-red-flag-laws-club-q-mass-shooting-2022-11

More cops refusing to do their jobs to protect people.

Are these the good cops or bad cops?  I can’t keep track
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2022, 12:29:07 PM »
Are you asking if all shootings are hate crimes? If so, no they are not all hate crimes. A hate crime is when someone is targeted for being a member of a federally protected class. The Colorado Springs victims seem to have been targeted because of their sexual orientation. The victims in Uvalde were targeted because of the shooter's connection to that school, ergo, not a hate crime.

Yes, I know what a hate crime is. It is some legal mumbo jumbo that put us in certain buckets rather than treating us all as individuals. If some one from one bucket commits a crime against some one in a different bucket that crime is far worse than if some one commits that exact same crime against some one in their own bucket. I am sure the pain of those families who lost a loved one in Colorado Springs far exceeds the pain of those families in Ulvade, if you want to explain hate crime logic to me; but don't tell me hatred played no part in any of these shootings.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2022, 12:45:24 PM »
Yes, I know what a hate crime is. It is some legal mumbo jumbo that put us in certain buckets rather than treating us all as individuals. If some one from one bucket commits a crime against some one in a different bucket that crime is far worse than if some one commits that exact same crime against some one in their own bucket. I am sure the pain of those families who lost a loved one in Colorado Springs far exceeds the pain of those families in Ulvade, if you want to explain hate crime logic to me; but don't tell me hatred played no part in any of these shootings.

You obviously don't know.  Hatred and hate crimes are two different things.

At the federal level, a hate crime is a crime motivated by bias against race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or disability.

If you hate your neighbor and decide to kill him, that is murder. It is not a hate crime.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2022, 12:47:41 PM »

Are you being intentionally obtuse, or just obtuse?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2022, 12:48:56 PM »
Feeling victimized

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2022, 01:15:26 PM »

You say you know what a hate crime is, but what you gave as a definition is not a hate crime. It's not "someone from one bucket murdering someone from another bucket" it's someone committing a crime against someone, possibly someone from the same bucket as them, because that someone belonged to a specific bucket.

No one said that one causes more pain than another. And no one said hatred doesn't play a role in non-hate crimes. It's just a word to describe a crime with a specific kind of motive.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.