[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Seth Davis on Wojo in The Athletic  (Read 13918 times)

Tha Hound

• All American
Re: Seth Davis on Wojo in The Athletic
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2022, 07:58:54 PM »
This guy all around stinks. End of story

mug644

• All American
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2022, 09:17:42 PM »
Hi friends. I started this thread. I'm excited to see that it has more than 4000 views and is approaching 200 replies. Rocky, please do send that click-based pay to my regular account. I need beer money for this weekend.

The article was soft and easy to read. It is nice to see Wojo finding himself or, at least, who he can be for his family. Even with our frustrations as MU's coach and the fact that he has $9m to relax with, shouldn't we be okay with him finding his way in the world?

Seth is Seth. He is a decent writer and the thread of the story was engaging. That said, is weaknesses at a journalist were shown by his errors.

And, not surprisingly, Scoop is Scoop.

This harping on the article I linked can end, please?

FWIW, I graduated in 1988, so 2 years with Majerus and 2 years with Dukiet. The Wojo years were unfulfilled potential, while my MU years were undeniable decline. Yet, I haven't and won't give up.

Fortunately, we have a different coach now. Hopefully Shaka can continue to build.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2022, 09:19:04 PM »
spending much of the year near Tucson, I thought FOX reporting on the illegal immigration disaster, sex trafficking, human trafficking, fentanyl smuggling death & destruction along both the AZ & TX borders was legit. Entertainment production? Thx for setting me straight.  We are Marquette!

There are so many things about this post that are completely unsurprising.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2022, 09:35:05 PM »
spending much of the year near Tucson, I thought FOX reporting on the illegal immigration disaster, sex trafficking, human trafficking, fentanyl smuggling death & destruction along both the AZ & TX borders was legit. Entertainment production? Thx for setting me straight.  We are Marquette!
Weird to make a post that admits you are easily conned, but OK.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2022, 09:47:22 PM »
Never thought this thread would turn into this

Obviously you don't come here often
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2022, 09:51:48 PM »
Yep.
And we'd make fun of those people.
At least Message Board Geniuses hasn't caught on. Good thing it's football season.
And we're still undefeated!!!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2022, 09:55:01 PM »
What are Seth’s pronouns?
You & poles (dance)

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2022, 10:27:16 PM »
Hi friends. I started this thread. I'm excited to see that it has more than 4000 views and is approaching 200 replies. Rocky, please do send that click-based pay to my regular account. I need beer money for this weekend.

You have nothing on the NM thread.

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2022, 10:38:52 PM »
Have an inside source.

Wojo has been working out Cincinnati native Tim Schloss, aka “Slick Nick” at BYU. 🏀

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2022, 08:45:29 AM »
I didn't have time to read a full 8 pages of this... but saw some people saying it was untrue that people chanting "fire wojo" at games.   Yes, the story messed it up by calling it out during the pandemic year, but it DEFINITELY took place before that.  The boo'ing, the chants, the twitter hashtags, the signs in dorm windows.  The details aren't quite right, but the message is clear and the story was pointing out that he and his family heard it and felt it and took it personally.   The story really did not make anyone look bad, exept for one small part about some players not giving their all in practice. Was anyone here at those practices who can say that's not true?

This is a humanity story, try to see it from that perspective and let go of your past anger towards Wojo.  He tried, and after many chances, he failed.  Such is life...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 08:48:59 AM by UWW2MU »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2022, 08:50:23 AM »
I didn't have time to read a full 8 pages of this... but saw some people saying it was untrue that people chanting "fire wojo" at games.   Yes, the story messed it up by calling it out during the pandemic year, but it DEFINITELY took place before that.  The boo'ing, the chants, the twitter hashtags, the signs in dorm windows.  The details aren't quite right, but the message is clear and the story was pointing out that he and his family heard it and felt it and took it personally.   The story really did not make anyone look bad, exept for one small part about some players not giving their all in practice. Was anyone here at those practices who can say that's not true?

This is a humanity story, try to see it from that perspective and let go of your past anger towards Wojo.  He tried, and after many chances, he failed.  Such is life...
What about Crean....

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2022, 09:07:58 AM »

Pretty much the bottom line here.  Wojo is human. He failed to meet the expectations he was hired for. He wasn’t totally unsuccessful either. But, his record speaks for itself in terms of those expectations.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2022, 05:50:18 PM »
Weird to make a post that admits you are easily conned, but OK.
your post. Says so much. Revealing.
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2022, 08:22:12 PM »
your post. Says so much. Revealing.
Extremely funny, but COLE