[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Did you meet your SO at MU?

Yes, we met at MU.
25 (44.6%)
No, we met somewhere else.
31 (55.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: How many met their SO at MU?  (Read 3398 times)

cheebs09

• All American
How many met their SO at MU?
« on: August 08, 2022, 08:46:44 PM »
Another thread made me curious. How many of you met your Significant Other at MU? It seemed like a high percentage:

My wife is an alum, but we met a couple years after school.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: How many met their SO at MU?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 09:14:08 PM »
We met at MY what?  ;D

My wife was my supervisees best friend.  She tagged along to a few work socials and we hit it off.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 09:16:18 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 09:15:18 PM »
On O-Staff together.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 09:23:50 PM »
We met at MY what?  ;D

My wife was my supervisees best friend.  She tagged along to a few work socials and we hit it off.

Ugh. Damn autocorrect.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 11:08:39 PM »
Met after, but she was at MU two years behind me.

Funny, when we were dating, she told me about going on a MAP trip for Habitat for Humanity where she got to meet Jimmy Carter and take a pic with him.   

I had a MU friend who did the same, and completely remember her showing me the picture of her, Carter, and another girl. 

Sure enough, the other girl was my future wife.   We didn't meet at MU, but we kinda did.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 09:22:35 AM »
Met at Phonation, she was two years younger than me.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Goose

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 10:17:11 AM »
While I met my wife the first time prior to attending MU, we started dating when she was going into her Jr. year. I must add that I always loved the fact the she was the Dean's daughter, unfortunately that connection did not help me graduate any sooner.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 11:02:03 AM »
While I met my wife the first time prior to attending MU, we started dating when she was going into her Jr. year. I must add that I always loved the fact the she was the Dean's daughter, unfortunately that connection did not help me graduate any sooner.

Did you have to deliver her back home to the Dean's home in a shopping cart after you got her drunk at a frat party?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 11:43:34 AM »
Met mine on 16th and Wells while running into a girl I dated at the time. They were friends and future roommates. When I visited the girl I was sort of dating at Schroeder, I flirted with my future wife who lived across the hall.

Incredibly, we met again at a wedding after my senior year (she was there for the bride, I for the groom), we of course had separate dates but ditched them to talk all night and fall in love. Needless to say the original girl was none to happy (I was definitely an immature ahole, even more than currently) and now roommates with my future wife, but she ended up being in our wedding several years later. Celebrating our 23rd anniversary this November. I know our story isn’t unique or special, but it sure is incredible how the universe conspired to bring us together.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 11:54:51 AM »
Mutual friends introduced us.  As my wife remembers it,  I was sitting on a barstool at the Gym. I'm afraid I'd been sitting on the barstool at the Gym too long for me to remember it.   :D  One reason we were introduced was that we share the same birthdate. We ended up getting married on that day several years later and just celebrated our 33rd anniversary and each's 60th bday July 29.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2022, 12:15:42 PM »
Met mine on 16th and Wells...

I also met my wife on 16th and Wells. We both were involved in the earliest days of Midnight Run and were serving lunch out of a van in the vacant lot where the Annex is now.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2022, 12:38:04 PM »
21Jump

My wife was dating my best friend when I met her the first time. I told my sister the next day I met the girl I was going to marry someday and a random meeting at The Gym Bar three years changed my life. We ran into each other in the bar and became very serious in a matter of 7-10 days. It is amazing how things work out.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2022, 02:57:44 PM »
met at my party at Campus Town. I was a senior, she was a freshman. We started talking, and it turned out we were from the same state, and our parents lived about 70 miles apart. She says it was love at first sight, it took me a little while to get over the 2.5 year age difference; at 21 that seemed like a lot. We stayed together despite her being at MU and me being in another city, then we got engaged a little over a year after she graduated. Married 18 years, together 25.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 04:29:58 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2022, 03:28:28 PM »
I met my wife the first day of Spanish class in January 1976,

She had a habit of coming to class on the first day dressed "well." Her smile was a killer and her eyes basically captured me within a day or so. She had the same major I did.

It took about a month for us to go out. She had to ask me to a dinner/dance sponsored by O'Donnell Hall. We had a great time and hit it off from the outset.

We dated all through Marquette and she followed me a year later to the city of my first job. She was graduated a year after I was.

We were married in 1980 and 42.25 years later, we're happy as ever! She was without a doubt the best thing that happened to me while at Marquette.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2022, 10:45:46 PM »
We worked together at the Tribune; I was a senior, she a junior. Went to a Brewers game with a few others right before the 1981-82 school year, ended up together forever.

Celebrated our 39th anniversary over the weekend with our kids and grandkids. Doesn't get any better than that!

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2022, 11:40:16 AM »
This thread really is outstanding and brings back so many good memories and so many things to be thankful for. StillAWarrior and Goose, good stuff and amazing indeed.

I’m about to move my oldest son to Philly in a week for his freshman year in college, and these stories have definitely made me think about his next four years. What a time to be alive.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2022, 11:46:02 AM »
Just east of 16th and WI, during freshmen orientation. 

A group of us from McCormick 3rd floor were walking past future Mrs. Legs and her O'Donnell friends.  She "caught" one of my friends checking out the backside of one of her friends, we all started talking, and became friends.  We started dating October of sophomore year.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2022, 06:13:59 PM »
This thread really is outstanding and brings back so many good memories and so many things to be thankful for. StillAWarrior and Goose, good stuff and amazing indeed.

I’m about to move my oldest son to Philly in a week for his freshman year in college, and these stories have definitely made me think about his next four years. What a time to be alive.

Imagine the next generation of misplaced fates caused by attending Zoom classes back home in their parents' basements?

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2022, 08:20:30 PM »
Imagine the next generation of misplaced fates caused by attending Zoom classes back home in their parents' basements?

The universe will prevail!

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2022, 08:37:17 PM »

I don’t know, those masks the kids were wearing was probably a turn on for some and led to some private chats.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2022, 07:21:32 AM »
The universe will prevail!

Maybe not. The world may be doomed to a land of Gen Zers who never hook up, never marry and, perhaps thankfully, never reproduce!

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2022, 07:28:31 AM »
Maybe not. The world may be doomed to a land of Gen Zers who never hook up, never marry and, perhaps thankfully, never reproduce!

Why bring kids into a world that their grandparents have long ruined?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2022, 07:29:10 AM »
No. Still waiting to experience my first kiss
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2022, 07:38:43 AM »

Someone let grandpa near the computer again.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2022, 09:27:59 AM »

I promise you, Gen Zers find a way. I unfortunately have a ton of job security
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.