collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

Did you meet your SO at MU?

Yes, we met at MU.
25 (44.6%)
No, we met somewhere else.
31 (55.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: How many met their SO at MU?  (Read 3444 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: How many met their SO at MU?
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2022, 12:47:35 PM »
I can only speak for my family, my kids have lived a very nice, easy life but never have I felt it was not appreciated to the highest level. I actually have told me adult kids (26-35 years old) they do not need to thank Mom and Dad for literally everything we still do for them. Two of my boys are my main golf buddies and they have never paid for a round when playing with me yet have never taken it for granted and thank me every single time. I lived a very nice life and believed paying it forward was how I wanted to live my life.

Over the past 25 years I have had a roller coaster of a life financially, but my kids left college debt free and have made great decisions since graduating. To be honest, seeing their Dad eat a little dirt was the best education they may have received. They saw their parents' sacrifice a ton to provide an education and life in general. Hopefully they have learned the lesson of paying it forward.

Ditto.

My children were orphans. The first years of their lives were spent in squalor few Americans have ever seen. So, if I spoil them, so be it. I don't expect them to thank me. I expect them to pay it forward, as you do, and to never forget from where they came. I occasionally remind them they were chosen for something -- only God knows what that is -- and they should be open to that calling, whatever it is and whenever it surfaces.

My parents were like us and like Goose -- they made sure we had a Marquette education (four of the six of us had one). All Dad and Mom wanted was to make sure someone down the line had the same opportunities we did. Our children have and we've responded to more calls than I can count to give to education.                                                                                                                                                                             

🏀

• All American
Re: How many met their SO at MU?
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2022, 04:53:55 PM »
Boomers keep booming. We will never fully grasp their impact.

feedback