[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2022-23 NBA Thread  (Read 144749 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: 2022-23 NBA Thread
« Reply #1100 on: January 05, 2023, 01:30:00 PM »
Matt Moore says the Bucks are kicking the tires on a Bojan Bogdonovic deal. Don't hate the fit, especially if Ingles is heading out.

Bill Simmons said he's hearing things about chemistry issues with the Bucks and I am not surprised in the least. Something seems off with them, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of it surrounds Middleton. He did not look like he kept himself in playing shape. Giannis especially has taken a beating over the last few weeks without his #2.

If an extension for 22 is unlikely, I wonder if they'll listen to offers for him. But with the injuries who knows what the return looks like.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1101 on: January 05, 2023, 01:40:17 PM »
Matt Moore says the Bucks are kicking the tires on a Bojan Bogdonovic deal. Don't hate the fit, especially if Ingles is heading out.

Bill Simmons said he's hearing things about chemistry issues with the Bucks and I am not surprised in the least. Something seems off with them, and it wouldn't surprise me if some of it surrounds Middleton. He did not look like he kept himself in playing shape. Giannis especially has taken a beating over the last few weeks without his #2.

If an extension for 22 is unlikely, I wonder if they'll listen to offers for him. But with the injuries who knows what the return looks like.

Would LOVE Bogy in Milwaukee.  But so would a lot of teams, almost all of which have more of what the Pistons would be looking for.

I think if there were actual chemistry issues Simmons would've made more out of it than just a throw away statement.  Lowe talked about Simmons's statement on his podcast and said he "asked around" and what he could gather it's not really a chemistry issue it's more of just not playing great and not really knowing who's going to be available on a game to game basis.  He basically said it's your typical "pre All Star Break drag."  Middleton and Giannis have been very close for the past number of years.  I can't imagine there's anything there.  Jrue wins the teammate of the year award like every other season.  Brook seems like he gets along with everyone.  So when your 4 best players aren't the problem, usually the other guys fall in line or get traded away.  Bobby obviously has been a problem in the past but everyone in Milwaukee loves him and he seems to love being in Milwaukee.  I could see guys like Jevon and MarJon having had some early season success and now losing minutes as guys come back being frustrating for them, but whatever.  See ya later if they're causing issues in the locker room.

I'm much more concerned with Middleton's health.  He sprained his knee like 8 months ago.  If it's not normal by now, that's an issue to me.  Not worried about chemistry at all.  They're a game back with essentially nothing at all from Middleton and Ingles and Jrue and Pat missing a bunch of games.  To me it all comes down to can Khris get back to near All Star level.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1102 on: January 08, 2023, 07:51:07 AM »
Despite being attacked relentlessly on my take, Budenholzer has admitted there are significant concerns with the Bucks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1103 on: January 08, 2023, 07:55:04 AM »
Despite being attacked relentlessly on my take, Budenholzer has admitted there are significant concerns with the Bucks.

Yes. It’s called health.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1104 on: January 08, 2023, 08:23:13 AM »
Yeah I think everyone's assumption was that Khris was going to be back by now. The fact their second best player is still out is more than a little concerning. The Bucks have always needed their big 3 to be healthy to compete for a title because they just don't have the depth. (Nor do most teams.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1105 on: January 08, 2023, 08:25:12 AM »

Yes, I can see that losing by 1,000 points to one of the very worst teams in the NBA would cause some people "significant concerns."

And yet the Bucks have the 5th-best record in the NBA, only 2.5 games behind the team with the best record -- a team you have painted as some kind of unstoppable juggernaut -- because they are battling injuries to important players.

On Jan. 7, 1998 -- 25 years ago yesterday -- the two-time defending champion Chicago Bulls lost by 27 points to Miami; they were outscored by 35 points over the last 3 quarters. Pippen had yet to play after having surgery just before the season, Rodman was causing headaches in his Wormy way, Jordan was threatening to retire after the season, there was very public organizational upheaval, and plenty of observers were significantly concerned that the dynasty was over. Five months later, they were lifting the trophy again.

Back to today's Bucks ... I honestly don't know if they have enough to win a title. But I do know that, when healthy, they are a formidable team that nobody wants to play. They have a top-5 NBA player (arguably a top-1 player), two All-Star-level support players, and some very good role players.

The season is not quite at the halfway mark. If we get to, say, the trade deadline and the Bucks have fallen well behind and/or if it appears unlikely that they will be healthy, then your DEFCON-20 level of concern might be a little more warranted.

Oh, and I don't remember anybody "attacking" you. Mostly, folks poked fun at your tendency to go to DEFCON-20 on so many things. Including every Marquette game.

Hey, it's you being you and nobody should have a problem with it, but it doesn't mean others can't have a little fun with it, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1106 on: January 08, 2023, 08:30:01 AM »
Bucks will need to make some moves. Not well constituted now with or without Middleton, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1107 on: January 08, 2023, 08:31:12 AM »
Yes, I can see that losing by 1,000 points to one of the very worst teams in the NBA would cause some people "significant concerns."

And yet the Bucks have the 5th-best record in the NBA, only 2.5 games behind the team with the best record -- a team you have painted as some kind of unstoppable juggernaut -- because they are battling injuries to important players.

On Jan. 7, 1998 -- 25 years ago yesterday -- the two-time defending champion Chicago Bulls lost by 27 points to Miami; they were outscored by 35 points over the last 3 quarters. Pippen had yet to play after having surgery just before the season, Rodman was causing headaches in his Wormy way, Jordan was threatening to retire after the season, there was very public organizational upheaval, and plenty of observers were significantly concerned that the dynasty was over. Five months later, they were lifting the trophy again.

Back to today's Bucks ... I honestly don't know if they have enough to win a title. But I do know that, when healthy, they are a formidable team that nobody wants to play. They have a top-5 NBA player (arguably a top-1 player), two All-Star-level support players, and some very good role players.

The season is not quite at the halfway mark. If we get to, say, the trade deadline and the Bucks have fallen well behind and/or if it appears unlikely that they will be healthy, then your DEFCON-20 level of concern might be a little more warranted.

Oh, and I don't remember anybody "attacking" you. Mostly, folks poked fun at your tendency to go to DEFCON-20 on so many things. Including every Marquette game.

Hey, it's you being you and nobody should have a problem with it, but it doesn't mean others can't have a little fun with it, too.

I think they have some probs you're neglecting for some reason.  You can't give up 80 pts in a half, at home, to the Hornets.  They have been inefficient offensively and have not played particularly well for a month.  I get they are navigating injuries but I'm not convinced they can just turn it on in tbe playoffs. 

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1108 on: January 08, 2023, 08:43:43 AM »
I think they have some probs you're neglecting for some reason.  You can't give up 80 pts in a half, at home, to the Hornets.  They have been inefficient offensively and have not played particularly well for a month.  I get they are navigating injuries but I'm not convinced they can just turn it on in tbe playoffs. 

Not without Middleton back and not without making a move or two. Which is what everyone has been saying all along.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1109 on: January 08, 2023, 03:37:53 PM »

Can you give up 48 points in a quarter and 76 in a half to the Thunder? That's what The Greatest Team Ever did last week.

Again, I know the Bucks aren't playing well for them. I also know it's January and they are dealing with issues. We'll see where everything stands in a month or two.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1110 on: January 09, 2023, 09:01:19 PM »
Bucks win
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1111 on: January 09, 2023, 09:29:36 PM »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1112 on: January 09, 2023, 09:45:38 PM »
Impossible. Check again.

They beat the Knicks.  They have a long, long, way to go. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1113 on: January 09, 2023, 10:25:45 PM »
They beat the Knicks.  They have a long, long, way to go.

And The Best Team Ever lost by 1000 points to the Thunder (playing without SGA) the other day. It’s January.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #1114 on: January 11, 2023, 09:35:27 PM »
Bucks seem to be a bit better with a healthy Jrue in the line up.
Go figure.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1115 on: January 12, 2023, 08:33:09 PM »
Dumb suckers who paid NBA prices to watch Bucks (scrubs) vs Heat (scrubs), hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1116 on: January 12, 2023, 09:11:54 PM »
Dumb suckers who paid NBA prices to watch Bucks (scrubs) vs Heat (scrubs), hey?
This movie is coming to your local college basketball team when they expand the tourney to 96. :(

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #1117 on: January 17, 2023, 10:19:12 PM »
How many times do you see a guy score 37 points with 0 free throws? Jrue has been balling lately. Him and Brook both deserve serious looks for the All Star Game.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1118 on: January 20, 2023, 11:15:31 PM »
After tonight’s events, I’m convinced the NBA is just a glorified WWE.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1119 on: January 20, 2023, 11:57:36 PM »
After tonight’s events, I’m convinced the NBA is just a glorified WWE.

IF there is anyone worse than Stephen A on television - and that is a big if - the two biggest contenders would be Shannon Sharpe and Skip Bayless.

They are an insult to all sports. Not just the NBA. They are also a perfect example of everything that is wrong in this country.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1120 on: January 23, 2023, 02:39:07 PM »
Cancel the rest of the NBA season, the Lakers traded for Rui Hachimura, the "Japanese Jordan".  With a season average 33% from 3pt, the Lakers have locked up another championship.  8-)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1121 on: January 26, 2023, 09:16:59 PM »
Wild finish to Celtics-Knicks game.

Jaylen Brown missed 2 FTs that could have put Boston ahead with a few seconds left in OT. NY’s Barrett got the rebound, was fouled and made his FTs. Thibs chose not to foul up 3, and Tatum missed a trey. Boston got the rebound but Brunson blocked Brogdon’s 3 attempt at the horn.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 11:05:59 PM by MU82 »

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1122 on: January 27, 2023, 01:13:47 PM »
I know the players don't really care, but this stat does make me happy.

https://twitter.com/RKattiJr/status/1618800367407632384?cxt=HHwWgMDU2e-WkfcsAAAA

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1123 on: January 29, 2023, 06:00:13 PM »
Jaren Jackson Jr.’s home/away splits for his defensive numbers are…uhh…interesting. People are Tweeting plays where some player just fumbles the ball going to the hoop and Jackson is the closest defender and suddenly he’s awarded a blocked shot, passes being stolen by a teammate of his but he was guarding the ball handler so he gets awarded the “steal,” etc.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1124 on: January 29, 2023, 06:04:09 PM »
Jaren Jackson Jr.’s home/away splits for his defensive numbers are…uhh…interesting. People are Tweeting plays where some player just fumbles the ball going to the hoop and Jackson is the closest defender and suddenly he’s awarded a blocked shot, passes being stolen by a teammate of his but he was guarding the ball handler so he gets awarded the “steal,” etc.

Kolek might have gotten a quadruple double with that type of scoring.

feedback