[Today at 04:39:02 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

When Will Justin Be Drafted

First Round
8 (3.9%)
Second Round 31-39
60 (29.3%)
Second Round 40-49
63 (30.7%)
Second Round 50-58
19 (9.3%)
Undrafted Free Agent
55 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 205

Author Topic: Poll: Justin Lewis Draft Choice  (Read 11265 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Poll: Justin Lewis Draft Choice
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2022, 08:18:18 AM »
The Bulls didn't have a 2nd and got Justin for half the NBA minimum without having to buy a pick.

I hope things work out well for Justin...one of my favorite MU players in recent years. The Bulls got him for a bargain and I hope he exceeds their expectation and finds a permanent spot in the League. Either way, he's going to make $500k+ this year. All in all, not a bad first gig out of college.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2022, 08:19:13 AM »
Right, it’s just that the $500K isn’t guaranteed, so we won’t really know what kind of coin he’s making until much later.

Fair point that I should have acknowledged in my previous post. I hope he holds on to that 2-way. But, then again, a second rounder often doesn't get a guaranteed contract either.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 08:21:19 AM by StillAWarrior »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2022, 08:21:55 AM »
I hope things work out well for Justin...one of my favorite MU players in recent years. The Bulls got him for a bargain and I hope he exceeds their expectation and finds a permanent spot in the League. Either way, he's going to make $500k+ this year. All in all, not a bad first gig out of college.

It’s not like Justin can’t come back to school and become a dentist that posts wild conspiracy theories on scoop while simultaneously watching The View in fear.
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2022, 08:23:08 AM »
That chart above showing our predictions is a real shocker.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2022, 08:46:41 AM »
So then Justin would not have gotten $500K-$1M next year by staying at MU.

I don't know what the numbers would have been but he would have absolutely made money from NIL and I don't think 500k to 1mil is an unreasonable guess.

This does not mean that Justin made a mistake
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2022, 08:49:54 AM »
I think time will tell on how good of a decision this was. There’s no certainty that he goes back to school and improves his draft position. Maybe he was at peace with a worst case scenario 2-way contract with the Bulls.

I already think it was a "good" decision because it's what Lewis wanted to do. Nobody here knows what he was thinking. Maybe he simply had enough college basketball and wanted to take the next step, no matter where it would lead him - NBA, two-way, G League, overseas, whatever.

And just as nobody here knows what Justin was thinking when he made his decision, nobody knows if playing another season at Marquette would have helped or hurt him in next year's draft.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2022, 08:55:29 AM »
It’s not like Justin can’t come back to school and become a dentist that posts wild conspiracy theories on scoop while simultaneously watching The View in fear.

Wrong, ya kant bea lazy, take daze off, orr bea disinterested and becum a successful and prominent Doctor of Dental Surgery like those on dis bored, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2022, 08:56:11 AM »

Depends on the bulls this year, but it looks like they'll spend into the tax this summer. So they might actually convert Justin's two way into a min contract halfway through next year if he plays mildly well, and if the bulls trade away some guys on their bench.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2022, 09:11:48 AM »

Wrong, ya kant bea lazy, take daze off, orr bea disinterested and becum a successful and prominent Doctor of Dental Surgery like those on dis bored, aina?

Sure you can

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2022, 09:12:38 AM »

Awfully contrary to the fact that a lot of dentists sh1tpost here all day long.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2022, 09:27:15 AM »
 I am a Marquette Basketball fan and want to see our players make It The NBA . Justin got a two way contract and as reported that is equal to half the NBA minimum . So that is good for MU.

I am not familiar with all the current rules , but I believe there is a point in time during the season , that it becomes guaranteed . So he will in effect need to make the cut and stay in the roster somewhere around January

Sam and Juan both did incredibly well in the G League portion of their two ways had their two contracts converted to full NBA minimum , as did Deonte Burton .  Hoping this happens for Justin.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 12:13:36 PM by Herman Cain »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2022, 09:47:25 AM »
I am a Marquette Basketball fan and want to see our players make It The NBA . Justin got a two way contract and as reported that is equal to half the NBA minimum . So that is good for MU.

I am not familiar with all the current rules , but I believe there is a point in time during the season , that it becomes guaranteed . So he will in effect need to make the cut and stay in the roster somewhere around January

Sam and Juan both did incredibly well in the G League portion of their two ways had their two contracts converted to full NBA minimum , as did Deonte Burton .  Hoping this happens for Justin.

The upside for Justin

Didn't you die from Covid?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2022, 11:23:29 AM »
Congrats to the 22% of us who knew Justin wasn't draft material. 

Good luck to him, though.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2022, 11:35:32 AM »

Just a silly comment

::)

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2022, 11:38:29 AM »
It’s no secret I’m good friends with Malik Newman (still to this day). Every player/case is different, that’s for certain. He was supposed to be drafted in the second round, went undrafted, immediately signed a two way with the Lakers, and got released after summer league that same draft year. The theory of “you get to pick where you go when you’re undrafted” is both true & false. Teams call agents as the draft is winding down and give take it or leave it two way offers. A guy will typically get multiple offers for two ways, but this isn’t true free agency.

Malik has bounced around, and ended up getting two ten day contracts with the Cavs (not as a two way). This is while in between playing in Europe/Israel, where he made way more cash. He’s right now without a G League team or summer invite after needing wrist surgery in April.

I hope Lewis’ fate is different, but this is a hard road with tough decisions he’s going down. The Bulls are going to use him as a spare tire, with zero guarantees.

The rules surrounding two-way deals have changed since then to be more beneficial towards teams and players. Higher salary, more time allowed in the NBA, able to practice with the NBA team, only two spots per team incentivizing teams to be selective and invest more in those guys' development, etc.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2022, 12:26:26 PM »

I decided to vote this morning, and shockingly, I was right.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2022, 01:24:16 PM »
Sure you can
That 4ever post seems very lazy.
Goal is National Championship

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2022, 01:26:07 PM »
That 4ever post seems very lazy.

COLE

Viper

• All American
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2022, 01:45:59 PM »
Didn't you die from Covid?
I think he had the clap

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2022, 01:52:12 PM »
I think he had the clap

He was a very devout Christian, so he almost certainly had the clap at the least

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2022, 05:48:40 PM »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2022, 06:07:59 PM »
Just a silly comment

::)

I thought the same.

When a moderator is snarky dickish like that to one of our own it's no shock this place is toxic.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2022, 06:26:47 PM »
Enthusiasm amongst some Bulls fans for Justin.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bulls/bulls-sign-arguably-the-best-udfa-from-the-2022-draft/

Posted in the other thread an athletic link that basically showed the same enthusiasm by Bulls fans.  Justin was not lost to the ether  when he didn’t get drafted.  The Bulls without a second round draft pick got a big upside player.  Hope Justin puts in the work and gets the job done.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2022, 06:42:48 PM »
I thought the same.

When a moderator is snarky dickish like that to one of our own it's no shock this place is toxic.

I think it was a joke because a only a very few voted not drafted BEFORE the draft was over. A bunch of people voted after the draft.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2022, 07:01:57 PM »
I think it was a joke because a only a very few voted not drafted BEFORE the draft was over. A bunch of people voted after the draft.
I made a mistake and should have closed the poll when the draft started. The percent that voted for undrafted free agent before the draft was about 14 percent. I figured the late people would vote there actual pre draft thoughts.

Good vote turnout overall.   
                       ---Al McGuire

feedback