[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: D Day  (Read 2552 times)

Scoop Snoop

• All American
D Day
« on: June 06, 2022, 09:27:05 AM »
Never forget the sacrifices made on that day.

I just read an interview of Fran Healy, a 101 year od vet who could not even talk about his experiences that day until he was 80.

At the very end of the interview, he spoke of America today. "Terrible today, Terrible. I don't understand the hatred and viciousness that's going on. Why are people so angry? I think it's the best country in the world and they're abusing it."

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 09:49:10 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: D Day
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 09:35:40 AM »
Never forget the sacrifices made on that day.

I just read an interview of Fran Healy, a 101 year od vet who could not even talk about his experiences that day until he was 80.

At the very end of the interview, he spoke of America today. "Terrible today, Terrible. I don't understand the hatred and viciousness that's going on. Why are people so angry? I think it's the best country in the world and they're are abusing it."

Ty Scoop Snoop.  it's exceedingly important to remember and listen to the words of these great men who are still with us and have passed. Way too much viciousness and a beyond unhealthy sense of entitlement permeates a lot of our society.  And by the way the CNN website, at 10:34 Eastern Time, on June 6th, has 0.0 coverage of the 78th anniversary of D-Day.  Totally inexcusable and they deserved to be called out.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 09:38:42 AM by MuggsyB »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 09:40:09 AM »
Ty Scoop Snoop.  it's exceedingly important to remember and listen to the words of these great men who are still with us and have passed. Way too much viciousness and a beyond unhealthy sense of entitlement permeates a lot of our society.  And by the way the CNN website, at 10:34 Eastern Time, on June 6th, has 0.0 coverage of the 78th anniversary of D-Day.  Totally inexcusable and they deserved to be called out.

"I'm going to use this day to make a point about our media."

And you want to know why there is "viciousness" in our society? 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 09:45:15 AM »
"I'm going to use this day to make a point about our media."

And you want to know why there is "viciousness" in our society?

Calling someone out is not viciousness.  Not to have an article about remembering D-Day is an embarrassment Fluffy.  Both CNN and FoxNews in general have a lot to do with our viciousness and this great man's point about the world today. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 09:46:43 AM »
Nevermind. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 09:51:44 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/politics/army-rangers-congressional-gold-medal-world-war-ii/index.html

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 09:53:07 AM »
Nevermind.

No problem.  You're projecting complete nonsense and perhaps need time for self-reflection.  Hopefully you remember the importance of these great men in lieu of antagonizing others.

MuggsyB

• All American

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 09:56:24 AM »
Without fail, every single time MuggsyB whines about media, pakuni comes in with an article about what he's complaining about, from the site he's complaining about.

How many times do we need to teach you this lesson old man?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2022, 09:56:46 AM »
Stories all over the interwebs after I used the google.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2022, 09:58:47 AM »
No problem.  You're projecting complete nonsense and perhaps need time for self-reflection.  Hopefully you remember the importance of these great men in lieu of antagonizing others.

You used a topic about D-Day to "call out" a media organization.  Perhaps you are the one in need of self-reflection.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2022, 09:59:14 AM »
Nothing was on their site at all Pakumi at 7:30 Pacific.

Maybe you can honor and pay tribute to the sacrifices made on D-Day without worrying about how much coverage it's getting on CNN or trying to further an unrelated narrative?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2022, 10:00:12 AM »
Maybe you can honor and pay tribute to the sacrifices made on D-Day without worrying about how much coverage it's getting on CNN or trying to further a predetermined narrative?

To be fair there's nothing in the WSJ either.   Very embarrassing. 

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2022, 10:01:50 AM »
great topic and first post… everyone else.. please go home. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2022, 10:02:51 AM »
To be fair there's nothing in the WSJ either.   Very embarrassing.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2022, 10:03:52 AM »
Just my personal take, but I was especially saddened by his final remarks. I have read so many firsthand remarks about the horrors of that day, of the guy next to you in a landing craft being ripped to shreds by machine gun fire, that I am embarrassed to admit that I have become somewhat numb to the accounts. To witness what is going on today must be absolutely gut wrenching to Healy after what he went through.

Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2022, 10:05:28 AM »
The topic should have nothing to do with personal attacks.  I apologize if I ignited this for some reason.  Let's stick to honoring and remembering these great Americans.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2022, 10:06:31 AM »
Just my personal take, but I was especially saddened by his final remarks. I have read so many firsthand remarks about the horrors of that day, of the guy next to you in a landing craft being ripped to shreds by machine gun fire, that I am embarrassed to admit that I have become somewhat numb to the accounts. To witness what is going on today must be absolutely gut wrenching to Healy after what he went through.

It must be awful.  I apologize Scoop Snoop if I misdirected the thread.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2022, 10:08:00 AM »
It must be awful.  I apologize Scoop Snoop if I misdirected the thread.

We're good Muggs.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2022, 10:13:43 AM »
Snoop

Thanks for sharing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2022, 01:16:53 PM »
The topic should have nothing to do with personal attacks.  I apologize if I ignited this for some reason.  Let's stick to honoring and remembering these great Americans.

I love ya, Muggs, but this was the second time this morning you attacked certain media outlets you obviously dislike for not covering something you felt they should have ... and the second time you were proven wrong. Maybe next time take a few breaths before expressing your outrage.

Anyway, yes, we all should be deeply grateful for those who heroically served America on D Day and all the other crucial military battles during WW2. My father was one of them.

We also should be deeply grateful for the incredibly brave war-zone journalists who put their lives on the line every day to tell the world about the horrors of war. Some of them are in Ukraine right now doing heroic work.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2022, 05:48:18 PM »
My Great Uncle Orly, landed D-Day on Omaha.  Didn't much like talking about it. He did go back to visit 20 years later.

The same Great Uncle who had the keys to Berchesgarten.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2022, 06:14:04 PM »
D Day was an incredible sacrifice made by so many for the greater good of our country . The courage these young men had was truly breath taking .The world would have been a much different place if the Nazis had consolidated control of Europe .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2022, 06:21:57 PM »
D Day was an incredible sacrifice made by so many for the greater good of our country . The courage these young men had was truly breath taking .The world would have been a much different place if the Nazis had consolidated control of Europe .

Maybe
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2022, 06:44:41 PM »
Maybe

What? You didn't watch The Man in the High Castle? American flags with swastikas where the stars are now!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

feedback