[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Zaide Lowery  (Read 21654 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Zaide Lowery
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2024, 03:30:28 PM »
He's taken 10 total shots on the season in limited action. Prettiest looking shot on the team with some of the most athleticism 🤷‍♂️

Prettiest thing a shot can produce is points. He’s done that twice at this level
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2024, 03:32:45 PM »
Prettiest thing a shot can produce is points. He’s done that twice at this level

On 10 total shots. Talent is talent.

I'd love to see him get an opportunity.
VIOLENCE!

panda

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2024, 03:54:57 PM »

If he keeps shooting, they’re bound to go in.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2024, 03:55:48 PM »
Why does seemingly every other team have freshmen step up and have career games against MU but MU cannot do the same to them?
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2024, 04:08:34 PM »
Why does seemingly every other team have freshmen step up and have career games against MU but MU cannot do the same to them?

Because Marquette hasn't played their Freshman this season.

Chase and Sean had tremendous impact last year because they got a chance to play.
VIOLENCE!

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2024, 04:11:05 PM »

Chase and Sean had tremendous impact last year because they got a chance to play.

Or did they play because they could make a tremendous impact?

It would be great if either Norman or Lowery could step up, but I haven't seen anything to say they're ready.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2024, 04:33:58 PM »
With Chase likely sidelined, this is the guy I want to see Marquette utilize. Chase benefitted from playing time last year. Would love to see Zaide get that opportunity with Chase out. I'm still convinced he will be really really good for us.

I agree with your analysis.  And I expect we will see some more Zaide if Chase is out for awhile.  It would make sense that Chase was ahead of Zaide on the depth chart by sheer experience.  Chase didn't have anyone ahead of him last year as far as being a sub.  Zaide enters MU with Chase ahead of him.

I think Zaide has the highest ceiling of any player on the team.  Time will tell.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2024, 04:35:02 PM »

Who let them play last year…..

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2024, 05:07:26 PM »
Goal is National Championship

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2024, 05:13:45 PM »
BO?

Killed a dude in an AutoZone parking lot
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

FartyEightHours

• Starter
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2024, 05:14:01 PM »
If he keeps shooting, they’re bound to go in.

That was my rec league motto
My adjectives are wise, brilliant, and sexy

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2024, 06:50:41 PM »
Not a patient group. Try giving him a few seasons.

Basketball wasn’t even Zaide’s first sport. (football) He played a lot of basketball for about two years prior to Marquette. Shaka first saw him when he played well off of the bench in a state championship game as a Sophomore with and against higher profile players.

Olivier-Maxence Prosper played 216 minutes his Freshman season. He was 18/52 including 3 for 18 from 3. This was on a top 50 team.

Oso made 3 baskets his Freshman season while playing 38 minutes on the season. He missed some games with injury but he was available much of that season.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2024, 06:54:50 PM »
He needs some custom navy colored footwear.   Nobody would touch them.   Because you can do what you want, but don't mess with those blue Zaide shoes.

Thank ya.  Thank ya, vera much.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2024, 07:55:34 PM »
Is every other team ranked in the top 15 and the current BEAST Conf and Conf Tourney Champ?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2024, 08:30:09 PM »
Which games are you referring to

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2024, 08:30:32 PM »
Killed a dude in an AutoZone parking lot
After a massage
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2024, 08:35:35 PM »
He needs some custom navy colored footwear.   Nobody would touch them.   Because you can do what you want, but don't mess with those blue Zaide shoes.

Don't be cruel.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2024, 12:07:03 AM »
Zaide could be a solid replacement for chase on the defensive end.  Not sure what happened to his offense.  He was one of the most aggressive players in the preseason. Doesn't even touch the ball on offense in his limited meaningful minutes. Would love if he could find a consistent outside shot.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2024, 11:28:23 AM »
Zaide could be a solid replacement for chase on the defensive end.  Not sure what happened to his offense.  He was one of the most aggressive players in the preseason. Doesn't even touch the ball on offense in his limited meaningful minutes. Would love if he could find a consistent outside shot.

With the team having three full days to prepare knowing that Ross wouldn't be available for tonight's game, it will be real interesting to see how Shaka uses Zaide and Tre.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2024, 06:51:35 PM »
The game tonight is so important to Marquette's season. It should be a gimme (and the home crowd will contribute, obviously) but it's so crucial for the team to get back to their big three offense. Oso is playing well shooting 60 percent. I would like to see him power into defenses better. Less finesse. Put more pressure on the stiffs. Get the basket and one. Tyler is not the player we was last year. He's not having the drives for lay ups and the dishes he had last year. He will figure out how to move the ball and get the ball back to score when the drive isn't there.  Kam is not shooting well and he's not getting the baseline lay ups. It's gut check time with Villanova and St. John's coming up next week. If MU does get a lead early and maintains a sizable lead I could see some on the freshman get more minutes. It would be a good thing. Amadou needs more time on the court to get ready for what will be necessary to compete in March. Chase Ross might be done (and I hope I'm wrong on that) so Norman and Lowery will have to contribute more. The team will bind together. They won't diviate from the system that made them successful last year. Their defensive pressure will have to get better.  If you want to create havoc I think you need to press full court more. This team will get better. All that said, they need to regroup and find the will and determination they had earlier in the year. It all starts tonight and I will enjoy watching it.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2024, 07:00:22 PM »
The game tonight is so important to Marquette's season. It should be a gimme (and the home crowd will contribute, obviously) but it's so crucial for the team to get back to their big three offense. Oso is playing well shooting 60 percent. I would like to see him power into defenses better. Less finesse. Put more pressure on the stiffs. Get the basket and one. Tyler is not the player we was last year. He's not having the drives for lay ups and the dishes he had last year. He will figure out how to move the ball and get the ball back to score when the drive isn't there.  Kam is not shooting well and he's not getting the baseline lay ups. It's gut check time with Villanova and St. John's coming up next week. If MU does get a lead early and maintains a sizable lead I could see some on the freshman get more minutes. It would be a good thing. Amadou needs more time on the court to get ready for what will be necessary to compete in March. Chase Ross might be done (and I hope I'm wrong on that) so Norman and Lowery will have to contribute more. The team will bind together. They won't diviate from the system that made them successful last year. Their defensive pressure will have to get better.  If you want to create havoc I think you need to press full court more. This team will get better. All that said, they need to regroup and find the will and determination they had earlier in the year. It all starts tonight and I will enjoy watching it.

Please, for the sweet love of God, use paragraphs.

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2024, 07:15:23 PM »
Vander. I understand and I will try to do better. I know some people don't want to read long opinions so I will refrain from writing a book to share my point of view. I get your point and when I do it again remind me. Sometimes I get carried away and just ramble on like a crazy basketball fan.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2024, 07:29:17 PM »
Vander. I understand and I will try to do better. I know some people don't want to read long opinions so I will refrain from writing a book to share my point of view. I get your point and when I do it again remind me. Sometimes I get carried away and just ramble on like a crazy basketball fan.

It’s not the length - it’s the massive block of text. Just hit return a few times.  :)

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2024, 07:38:26 PM »
If paragraphs start appearing, then it's not an oilcan post. Scoopers have distinct styles. Rocket and Rico for example. Just roll with it.

oilcan, you be you.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2024, 07:42:37 PM »

Well, it's one for the money two for the show
Three to get ready now go, cat, go
But don't you step on my blue Zaide shoes
Well you can do anything but
Lay off of my blue Zaide shoes.