[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] What are Justin Lewis’ Draft Prospects?  (Read 2868 times)

PaintTouches

• All American
[Paint Touches] What are Justin Lewis’ Draft Prospects?
« on: April 15, 2022, 03:13:11 PM »
Setting aside the wisdom of the decision itself, I wanted to dive in to see not only where Justin landed on mock drafts, but how much stock we could put in them at this point in time.

https://painttouches.com/2022/04/15/what-are-justin-lewis-draft-prospects/

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: [Paint Touches] What are Justin Lewis’ Draft Prospects?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 07:20:46 PM »
Setting aside the wisdom of the decision itself, I wanted to dive in to see not only where Justin landed on mock drafts, but how much stock we could put in them at this point in time.

https://painttouches.com/2022/04/15/what-are-justin-lewis-draft-prospects/
There are 30 first round draft choices , 30 second round and a total of 60 2 way contracts .Assuming half of the two ways go returning two ways , that would leave 30  or so available . That means there are 90 NBA type contracts for this years drafts class

My guess is Justin is among the top 90 players in the draft . Ultimately he may end up as an undrafted two way free agent with a team that has a niche role he can fill. Some team may fall in love with him in the pre draft process and use a second round on him rather than take the risk of signing him as a free agent.

Will be interesting to see if Justin is invited to the NBA combine . If not then he likely gets invited to  the G league combine which offers a way to play your self into the NBA combine. I am not sure when those invites come out this year .

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

mug644

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 07:46:04 PM »
Thanks, Andrei. Very interesting to folks like me, and perhaps useful to guys like JL.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 07:50:20 PM »
There are 30 first round draft choices , 30 second round and a total of 60 2 way contracts .Assuming half of the two ways go returning two ways , that would leave 30  or so available . That means there are 90 NBA type contracts for this years drafts class

My guess is Justin is among the top 90 players in the draft . Ultimately he may end up as an undrafted two way free agent with a team that has a niche role he can fill. Some team may fall in love with him in the pre draft process and use a second round on him rather than take the risk of signing him as a free agent.

Will be interesting to see if Justin is invited to the NBA combine . If not then he likely gets invited to  the G league combine which offers a way to play your self into the NBA combine. I am not sure when those invites come out this year .
The NBA combine starts 5/16 with the G League Combine right before that. Based on history, the invites should be coming out in early May.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 10:51:21 PM »
Any idea what Justin could get with a NIL deal next year?
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 07:35:33 AM »
Any idea what Justin could get with a NIL deal next year?
my guess 82 would suggest Mrs. F’s tunafish sandwich, on toasted wheat, served in the basement

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2022, 11:24:17 AM »
Jonathan Wasserman from B/R dropped an  updated mock draft today. Justin stayed about the same as previous versions. Pick #41

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 12:54:08 PM »
my guess 82 would suggest Mrs. F’s tunafish sandwich, on toasted wheat, served in the basement

Why would 82 suggest that?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2022, 12:55:53 PM »

Viper has an inside joke that is so inside that no one knows WTF he is talking about.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Viper

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2022, 06:42:48 PM »
As you told me last week, 82 “Enjoy your time in Mrs. F's basement. The tuna salad on white bread will be right down.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2022, 04:42:40 PM »
As you told me last week, 82 “Enjoy your time in Mrs. F's basement. The tuna salad on white bread will be right down.”

Not sure why, but you decided to defend the idiotic opinions of a joyless mope who thinks Shaka should have been fired and who said he doesn't care about Marquette basketball. So I assumed you were living with him in Mrs. Farley's basement.

If that's wrong, management regrets the error.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Viper

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2022, 05:17:53 PM »
Not sure why, but you decided to defend the idiotic opinions of a joyless mope who thinks Shaka should have been fired and who said he doesn't care about Marquette basketball. So I assumed you were living with him in Mrs. Farley's basement.

If that's wrong, management regrets the error.
if I can get an extra day or two of pto at the next review, we’re good. 😊