[Today at 03:33:12 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by Zog from Margo
[Today at 02:47:50 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by MUbiz
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:25:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Canadian Rockies  (Read 931 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Canadian Rockies
« on: April 02, 2022, 09:18:52 PM »
The Denver thread got me thinking about starting to plan out a mid July trip to the Canadian Rockies. It should be about 2 weeks, including travel days. Would like to hit all of Banff, Yoho, and Jasper, but looking for suggestions of must do things.

Right now it’ll just by my girlfriend and I. We will be looking to do a lot of hiking. I would say we’d be good with moderate level hikes but not with the difficult level hikes.

Places to stay and other travel recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Canadian Rockies
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 11:24:51 PM »
The Denver thread got me thinking about starting to plan out a mid July trip to the Canadian Rockies. It should be about 2 weeks, including travel days. Would like to hit all of Banff, Yoho, and Jasper, but looking for suggestions of must do things.

Right now it’ll just by my girlfriend and I. We will be looking to do a lot of hiking. I would say we’d be good with moderate level hikes but not with the difficult level hikes.

Places to stay and other travel recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I've heard that Banff/Jasper is spectacular but quite expensive.  I didn't know Canada was open yet.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 10:59:49 AM »
I've heard that Banff/Jasper is spectacular but quite expensive.  I didn't know Canada was open yet.

Last year in August.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 09:08:48 PM »
We will be flying to Calgary on July 7th, stay overnight there, and then drive to Golden and stay there from the 8th through 15th to do Banff and Yoho. Then we will drive up to Jasper East from the 15th through the 18th to do Jasper, stay in Calgary overnight the 18th, and fly back the 19th.

Any recommendations for must do things on any of the trip would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback