2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 15, 2024, 10:20:46 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[April 15, 2024, 10:12:01 PM]

Going Portaling: Which Portal Prospect do you want and why? by DoctorV
[April 15, 2024, 09:54:11 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Tyler COLEk
[April 15, 2024, 08:53:41 PM]

[Paint Touches] Shaka reaffirms MU commitment by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 15, 2024, 07:07:35 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by PGsHeroes32
[April 15, 2024, 06:38:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Roster Updates  (Read 49441 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Big East Roster Updates
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2022, 11:34:51 AM »
Creighton has been an enormous problem for us for a while. Many consider them a mid major, so that shows where we are.
Have you offered NIL burgers to the recruits yet?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2022, 12:24:58 PM »
Have you offered NIL burgers to the recruits yet?

Hmm maybe McDonald’s can be a sponsor for MU with McNil Burgers ……

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2022, 12:39:46 PM »
Hmm maybe McDonald’s can be a sponsor for MU with McNil Burgers ……

Poor Jerel missed out on a gold mine.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2022, 02:22:00 PM »
LOL! Right? Okay, maybe Creighton was a mid major 20 years ago as was Gonzaga and Baylor. Maybe we missed the teal?  Contender in a top 4 conference, serious national title contender a couple of years ago, top 10 attendance..... yep mid major.  ::)

If Creighton is mid major, what does that make MU, Illinois, Texas, Maryland, USC...?

I think if you polled the fans at those five schools (MU, Illinois, Texas, Maryland and USC) only the MU fans would think Creighton isn't a mid-major. 

Then again, the fans of the other four programs would wonder why a mid-major like MU was on the list to be polled along side Illinois, Texas, Maryland, and USC.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2022, 02:23:00 PM »
Creighton has been an enormous problem for us for a while. Many consider them a mid major, so that shows where we are.

The Jays have made four appearances in the BE Tournament Championship game since the formation of the NBE (2013), second only to Villanova. They were in a strong position to make it in 2020 as well as the regular season champ and 1 seed. Sure, they're 0-4 in those games but considering four teams haven't even made a final (MU, DePaul, SJU, and Butler) that shows how strong they have been in a top 6 conference.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2022, 03:21:44 PM »
The Jays have made four appearances in the BE Tournament Championship game since the formation of the NBE (2013), second only to Villanova. They were in a strong position to make it in 2020 as well as the regular season champ and 1 seed. Sure, they're 0-4 in those games but considering four teams haven't even made a final (MU, DePaul, SJU, and Butler) that shows how strong they have been in a top 6 conference.

Can Marquette be "The Next Creighton?"

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2022, 03:32:04 PM »
Continuity of very good coaching has helped Creighton immensely.  Hopefully Shaka brings that continuity with better results than Creighton. 

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2022, 04:29:53 PM »
Nobody considers Creighton a mid major.
Lots of comments here said that when new BRast was formed
 Must have enough lots of nobodies then.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2022, 04:31:12 PM »
LOL! Right? Okay, maybe Creighton was a mid major 20 years ago as was Gonzaga and Baylor. Maybe we missed the teal?  Contender in a top 4 conference, serious national title contender a couple of years ago, top 10 attendance..... yep mid major.  ::)

Look back at posts from when new BRast was being formed.
If Creighton is mid major, what does that make MU, Illinois, Texas, Maryland, USC...?

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2022, 04:33:23 PM »
Wally thinks it’s 1977 still
And Pico still lives in the depression. With all those white farmers from New Glarus that he disdains.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2022, 04:35:03 PM »

Creighton was a mid-major before they joined the Big East. They became a high major when they joined the Big East.

Equalizer isn't wrong though that many fans from the B1G, SEC, ACC, B12, and P12 would say that all teams in the Big East are mid-majors.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2022, 04:36:03 PM »

I think if you polled the fans at those five schools (MU, Illinois, Texas, Maryland and USC) only the MU fans would think Creighton isn't a mid-major. 

Then again, the fans of the other four programs would wonder why a mid-major like MU was on the list to be polled along side Illinois, Texas, Maryland, and USC.
Maybe your right. I don't get it though. I've never met anyone (Big 10, 12, ACC, SEC PAC12 fans) who thought of any BE school as mid major. Most think DePaul is awful but not really any different than a Vandy or Wash St or Pitt. Even ESPN (from my limited viewership) doesn't paint the BE teams as mid major.

Also, I don't include internet fan boards as a point of reference since I have seen the Big XII, PAC12 and ACC excluded from 'major college football' conferences and claims the world is flat. 

I have seen the BE excluded sometime from a P5 list for basketball, but I assume it is lazy use of the football lingo.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2022, 04:39:32 PM »

Even if that isn't #fakenews, here we are a decade later and nobody in 2022 thinks Creighton is a mid major.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2022, 04:51:52 PM »
And Pico still lives in the depression. With all those white farmers from New Glarus that he disdains.

No, I very much live in 2022 and am thriving in the big city.  No cowtowns or hillbilly living for me. 
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

MU82

• All American
« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2022, 04:53:58 PM »
Would be as crazy as thinking Arby’s is a mid-major dining establishment.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2022, 08:25:03 PM »
Would be as crazy as thinking Arby’s is a mid-major dining establishment.
You got it, fine dining all the way.
Goal is National Championship

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #191 on: May 04, 2022, 10:09:13 PM »
Can Marquette be "The Next Creighton?"

Scoop being scoop and pre-teal aside…

My father got my mindset right for HS golf when after doubting myself and comparing myself to the top two kids on my team all the time…he said, “FORGET about everyone else, focus on YOU alone and do that RIGHT NOW.”  From then on, i focused solely on my game and each shot at hand. Shaka is a master at this. Let’s focus on Marquette and how WE can be great.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2022, 10:12:14 PM »
Scoop being scoop and pre-teal aside…

My father got my mindset right for HS golf when after doubting myself and comparing myself to the top two kids on my team all the time…he said, “FORGET about everyone else, focus on YOU alone and do that RIGHT NOW.”  From then on, i focused solely on my game and each shot at hand. Shaka is a master at this. Let’s focus on Marquette and how WE can be great.

I agree that the coach and players need to worry about themselves and about getting better.

What fans talk about on interwebs sites doesn't affect the team. We can focus on whatever we want, including Arby's fiery Diablo Dare Sandwich.

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #193 on: May 04, 2022, 10:32:36 PM »
I agree that the coach and players need to worry about themselves and about getting better.

What fans talk about on interwebs sites doesn't affect the team. We can focus on whatever we want, including Arby's fiery Diablo Dare Sandwich.

😂 Of course. Are they still offering my go-to summer lunch fare, the chicken salad with apple chunks? Their Gyros is pretty solid as well.

I just think we get bogged down in comparisons many times.

As “Our Kev” once so succinctly told a young recruit from St Joseph HS…”don’t try to be the next Isaiah or the next whoever, just be the first William Gates.” 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #194 on: May 04, 2022, 10:51:28 PM »
Are they still offering my go-to summer lunch fare, the chicken salad with apple chunks?

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. I haven't been to an Arby's in at least 25 years.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2022, 04:46:40 AM »
Even if that isn't #fakenews, here we are a decade later and nobody in 2022 thinks Creighton is a mid major.
I never said they were and I don't believe they are. But a batch said they were a few years ago. Point is, they are now better than MU which makes it even more important for Shaka to improve the program immediately. Very sure that Creighton would not have had their ass kicked by 32 in the dance by NC. Lets hope that MU can return to national prominence instead of flaming out in one game of the dance that they make every 4 to 5 years or so.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2022, 08:40:35 AM »
I never said they were and I don't believe they are. But a batch said they were a few years ago. Point is, they are now better than MU which makes it even more important for Shaka to improve the program immediately. Very sure that Creighton would not have had their ass kicked by 32 in the dance by NC. Lets hope that MU can return to national prominence instead of flaming out in one game of the dance that they make every 4 to 5 years or so.
Good morning,
Didn't have your burger?
Goal is National Championship

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2022, 09:09:46 AM »

Willie...this is so dumb it's hard to comprehend. First...this "batch" that said they were mid-major...who was it, when did they say it? Was it more than a decade ago, before they joined the Big East? Because if it's before that, it's completely irrelevant.

Next, Marquette makes the dance every 4-5 years? 2021 is our only miss in the past four years. 2020 didn't happen, but we absolutely would've been in the field if it had. Before that, we did have a 3-year gap in 2014, 2015, and 2016, but before that we had been to 8 straight and that was our only 3-year gap this century.

Good lord, man, get a grip on reality.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2022, 09:22:19 AM »

I have to agree with Wanky.  Creighton is a mid-major and it’s an indictment on Kansas amongst others Creighton will begin the 2022-23 campaign ranked ahead of them. 

Back in 1971, no one had ever heard of Creighton and now in 2022-23, they have a better basketball team than Marquette.  Shaka needs to do what Marquette has always done and that’s get high-level 4 and 5 stars to come to Marquette and make the Sweet 16 or bust every year.

Some of you stood by while Tanned Tom and the Lonesome Cowboy and Wojo-Dukiet ran this program into the ground but I’m with Winky, it’s time to restore Warrior pride
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #199 on: May 05, 2022, 10:10:00 AM »
I have to agree with Wanky.  Creighton is a mid-major and it’s an indictment on Kansas amongst others Creighton will begin the 2022-23 campaign ranked ahead of them. 

Back in 1971, no one had ever heard of Creighton and now in 2022-23, they have a better basketball team than Marquette.  Shaka needs to do what Marquette has always done and that’s get high-level 4 and 5 stars to come to Marquette and make the Sweet 16 or bust every year.

Some of you stood by while Tanned Tom and the Lonesome Cowboy and Wojo-Dukiet ran this program into the ground but I’m with Winky, it’s time to restore Warrior pride
This is what I remember about Creighton when I was younger.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1989-07-25-sp-391-story.html

feedback