[Today at 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[Today at 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[Today at 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Any tips on NCAA Tournament Tickets at Fiserv?  (Read 1727 times)

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
Any tips on NCAA Tournament Tickets at Fiserv?
« on: February 27, 2022, 03:17:45 PM »
Hey All, I'm looking to go to the NCAA Tournament at the Fiserv. Took a quick look at tickets and they are pretty steep right now. Any tips from anyone in the Scoop universe as to how to get cheaper tickets?

cheebs09

• All American
Re: Any tips on NCAA Tournament Tickets at Fiserv?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 03:34:39 PM »
Hey All, I'm looking to go to the NCAA Tournament at the Fiserv. Took a quick look at tickets and they are pretty steep right now. Any tips from anyone in the Scoop universe as to how to get cheaper tickets?

One thing is they might be prices for sessions and not just individual games.

I’d also probably get tickets before Selection Sunday, since I think it’s very likely Wisconsin is at the Fiserv. I would imagine prices aren’t getting any lower.

I got my through the MU presale last year. For future reference, that’s a pretty good deal.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 03:36:33 PM »
I don’t know, I bought ours when they went on sale. I think the assumption is that Wisconsin will be there, I haven’t looked at the prices but that could be sending the market up. I think that if teams don’t use their allotment they put those up for sale, but I’m not sure on the timing. So maybe watch for the bracket without Wisconsin in it?
The other thing for us is, we don’t actually care where we sit, whereas I know that for some people that matters.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 04:30:17 PM »
One thing is they might be prices for sessions and not just individual games.

I’d also probably get tickets before Selection Sunday, since I think it’s very likely Wisconsin is at the Fiserv. I would imagine prices aren’t getting any lower.

I got my through the MU presale last year. For future reference, that’s a pretty good deal.

Yeah. I've been to the tourney at the BC when it was there so I understand 1 session = 2 games. I wish you could just buy single game tickets.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 04:34:48 PM »
If they sold single game tickets…..they would have to clear the arena in between games. Hard enough to do once, imagine 3 times.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2022, 04:46:29 PM »
Contact one of the cupcake schools that will be there and see if they have any tickets available? Maybe say you are an alum for good measure.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2022, 07:21:13 PM »
Of course if Wisconsin is there and loses on Friday, there will be plenty of tix for Sunday….
There’s no way to sell single game tickets As stated, they’d have to clear the arena after each game.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2022, 07:34:04 AM »
If UW doesn't play at the Fiserv, there will be thousands of tickets in the secondary market.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2022, 08:55:09 AM »
Yes that is very true.
I have kind of just realized that Marquette could go to Indy. If that happens….
I was there in 2003, when both my alma maters ( Illinois being law school) played there- but only one emerged….

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2022, 10:41:29 AM »
I would suggest not going to NCAA tournament games unless you really love the team playing. This is from my experience at the BC a bunch of years ago, so if things have changed please someone say so.

The gameday experience stinks: No beer vendors, no timeout hype, no halftime hype. It's just sterile.

Additionally, you get no replays on the monitor because the NCAA doesn't want the crowd to turn on the refs.

Finally, you don't get to see cut-ins of other games going on unless you go out to the concourse and watch the games on TV.

IMO - Go and watch the games at a bar around a stadium where the tourney is happening. There will be tons of other fans there, booze flowing, all the games on TV. And it's cheaper.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2022, 10:54:20 AM »
I would be shocked if Wisconsin is not in Milwaukee. The session on Friday that doesn't have Wisconsin in it, will come down in price.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2022, 10:55:01 AM »
I would suggest not going to NCAA tournament games unless you really love the team playing. This is from my experience at the BC a bunch of years ago, so if things have changed please someone say so.

The gameday experience stinks: No beer vendors, no timeout hype, no halftime hype. It's just sterile.

Additionally, you get no replays on the monitor because the NCAA doesn't want the crowd to turn on the refs.

Finally, you don't get to see cut-ins of other games going on unless you go out to the concourse and watch the games on TV.

IMO - Go and watch the games at a bar around a stadium where the tourney is happening. There will be tons of other fans there, booze flowing, all the games on TV. And it's cheaper.

I believe beer is now sold at NCAA games.

https://www.pollstar.com/article/toasting-march-madness-ncaa-tourney-allows-beer-wine-sales-in-public-spaces-for-first-time-137585

It’s fun if the games are good. Otherwise you feel like you are missing out. I’ve gone the last few times it was here and am going again.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 10:56:41 AM by cheebs09 »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2022, 10:57:47 AM »

Correct, no beer. The TV timeouts are longer. 20 minute halftime times.
The thing I really like being at the game compared to CBS/Turner is the timeouts go to commercial. Where in a tight game late, I love the pep bands & cheering section into the game.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
-Bill Walton

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2022, 01:21:20 PM »
We love the first weekend games. Always fun if a little guy is taking down a big guy that you don’t like anyway.
Back in the 90’s we went to New  Orleans for one of the weekends. Somehow we got access to a box with a stocked bar. Didn’t care that no beer was sold..

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2022, 10:21:53 AM »
I would be shocked if Wisconsin is not in Milwaukee. The session on Friday that doesn't have Wisconsin in it, will come down in price.

They seem virtually locked into that spot as no one ahead of them will have Fiserv as top choice. My guess is they are there with Illinois.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2022, 07:18:44 PM »
Why would any true Marquette fan want to go watch that slimy rodent play??????