Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Possible Transfers?  (Read 10684 times)

BCHoopster

• All American
Re: Possible Transfers?
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2022, 03:25:22 PM »
No announcement, but if he doesn't declare for the Draft, I imagine he looks to move up a level. Combining my ideal transfer with an effort to derail talk about any of our current players transferring, because I think everyone eligible to return will.

Has MU even contacted him?

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2022, 03:27:43 PM »
If the youngster is unhappy in Milwaukee, then he should do what he believes is best

It was an off the cuff comment on a podcast during basically his first interview ever and at the time he had only been on campus a few weeks. I wouldn’t read much into it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2022, 03:37:19 PM »
It was an off the cuff comment on a podcast during basically his first interview ever and at the time he had only been on campus a few weeks. I wouldn’t read much into it.

That’s good advice in general when it comes to young adults
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2022, 03:44:29 PM »
Guy in our office did his masters in Austin. 90 days straight over 100 degrees and didn't rain once. Couldn’t pay me enough.

Not a fan of Texas myself, but this is just not true. It didn't sound right to me (as someone who "summered" in Phoenix during my MU years) so I looked into it. The longest 100+ streak ever in Austin is 27 days in 2001. And it would appear that even that was a bit of a statistical outlier. I'm not saying Austin isn't ridiculously hot -- and I wouldn't want to live there either -- but the guy in your office is either full of crap or pulling your leg.

Interestingly, longest comparable streak in Phoenix -- which is, on average, much hotter than Austin -- is 76 days.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2022, 03:58:59 PM »
Guy in our office did his masters in Austin. 90 days straight over 100 degrees and didn't rain once. Couldn’t pay me enough.

You’re being lied to.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2022, 03:59:38 PM »
I have lived on the west coast for decades... I would also be very happy in Milwaukee. Love the city. To quote Phil Sheridan (civil war general)... if God gave me Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in hell. I concur.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2022, 04:21:07 PM »
Has MU even contacted him?

I hope not because he's still playing for Utah Valley and that would be pretty blatant tampering.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2022, 04:31:24 PM »
You’re being lied to.

Kinda.

There were 90 days of 100+ temps in 2011. They just weren't consecutive.

cnse70

• Walk-On
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2022, 04:40:54 PM »
I have lived on the west coast for decades... I would also be very happy in Milwaukee. Love the city. To quote Phil Sheridan (civil war general)... if God gave me Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in hell. I concur.

This.  Don't get me wrong, I'm never leaving San Diego, but if I had to live the Midwest, it would be MKE.  2022 MKE that is.  The MKE of my MU days (86-90), not so much.  The improvements to the 3rd ward, 5th ward, southside and river north is remarkable. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2022, 04:48:30 PM »
Kinda.

This is the approximate time frame….I will need clarification.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2022, 04:49:03 PM »
Kinda.

I'll give that one to you as soon as Marquette hangs a banner for Wojo's 128-game winning streak.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2022, 05:06:59 PM »
Kinda.

"Last name is Babar"

"With 2 'B's?"

"One B, B-a-b-a-r"

"That's two B's"

"Ya, but not right next to each other"

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 05:10:53 PM by IrwinFletcher »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2022, 05:29:41 PM »
I enjoyed my time at Marquette but I would not live in Milwaukee again if you paid me 500 grand a year.  I will take my current spot - Dallas - and the one before it - Nashville - all day every day.  I love the school, the program and the arena.  The city is a dump.

Comparing Dallas and Nashville to Milwaukee is kind of like comparing apples and oranges.  I lived in Dallas 13 years and loved it.  Live in Minneapolis and like it better than Milwaukee.  But, Milwaukee is a great city in its own right - as compared to its Rust Belt peers.  I've taken several girlfriends from Texas, a former Dukie, and they all felt MKE was a little quirky, but charming, fun, and greatly exceeded their expectations.  MKE has a lot going for it..including it's close and easy proximity to a world class city like Chicago, just 90 minutes away by train.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2022, 08:21:53 PM »
Any campus in a city is going to be what you make of it. I knew people who literally never left MU's campus and people who would bus around the whole city to see/do it all. If you're the former I could see being jealous of a "college town" if you're the latter then I'd say you'd have a larger appreciation for the various areas of the city that aren't water street and old world third.
spot on. Urban campus has its pluses and minuses.  If urban isn’t for you, would it matter if it was Milwaukee, Indy, Motown, Chicago, Phoenix, Atl et al?  What American city isn't plagued by high crime? Weather? Milwaukee winter is tough, for sure. I live in Mke’s western ‘burbs. Yes, I’ve considered relocating to the Denver area, Phoenix. Still might. But its not like Jay Wright has it made in Philly, or Mark Few w/Gonzaga is located in some kind of tropical paradise. Is Kentucky always good because 5-star recruits love horse country? Show a kid MU’s campus, The AL, Fiserv. Ballgame. Check.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2022, 08:56:37 PM »
Interesting to note the Big Ten has produced a combined three national champions in the two major sports since 2000.  Michigan State in hoops and Ohio State twice in football.  Now that’s an embarrassing track record for America’s most overrated conference.  I don’t see a Big 10 team winning it all in football again for a long while.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2022, 11:06:10 PM »
"Last name is Babar"

"With 2 'B's?"

"One B, B-a-b-a-r"

"That's two B's"

"Ya, but not right next to each other"

Moon river. Using the whole fist, doc?

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2022, 12:47:42 AM »
Whats with everyone ripping Milwaukee? Milwaukee is great.

If you dont like the Winter...newsflash...that's not a Milwaukee thing. Chances are you just dont like the Midwest.

Milwaukee has everything you need. 4 seasons. Great Summers. Great sports teams.  Close enough to the Northwoods.
VIOLENCE!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2022, 01:36:02 AM »
If you dont like the Winter...newsflash...that's not a Milwaukee thing. Chances are you just dont like the Midwest.

That's BS.  I love winter & snow.  But skiing in MKE sucks, I'll take CO.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2022, 01:46:41 AM »

But Colorado has all the Cali ex-pats...

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2022, 02:02:33 AM »
Keep an eye on Orlando Robinson.

I imagine he'll hit the portal and be the hottest name in the game.

7 foot Junior at Fresno State.  The perfect fit for any roster, but Marquette in particular next year needs depth up front.
VIOLENCE!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2022, 06:08:21 AM »
Keep an eye on Orlando Robinson.

I imagine he'll hit the portal and be the hottest name in the game.

7 foot Junior at Fresno State.  The perfect fit for any roster, but Marquette in particular next year needs depth up front.

I think he'll land in the draft, but if he does transfer, you are correct in that he will be targeted by everyone.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2022, 06:59:05 AM »

Did ya ever try skiin' down da hill by St. Mary's Hospital, doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2022, 08:51:10 AM »

Did ya ever try skiin' down da hill by St. Mary's Hospital, doe, hey?

Too many bullets flying through the air. Gotta hunker down, hey?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2022, 09:15:28 AM »
If Milwaukee is pretty terrible and a crap hole……but also middle of the pack, I would love to hear how you describe the bottom of the pack.

Newark, NJ, But I assume your talking about midwest towns/cities. By the way I live in Jersey and a lot of people think its a crap hole as well, but the Jersey Shore is second to none in my opinion. When you are far from home its easy to become homesick. Coming from the east coast I was impressed how friendly the Milwaukee locals were; to the local barber and to the guy at the laundromat. The father of one of my fellow choristers was general practitioner and his dad said if I needed any medical concerns taken care of to go seem him. The few time I did see him I offered to pay, but he alway refused. I would send him and his wife flowers on Valentine's Day thanking them for their kindness.

The thing is, there are good people that live in crap holes.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 09:17:33 AM by muwarrior69 »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2022, 10:18:14 AM »
Interesting to note the Big Ten has produced a combined three national champions in the two major sports since 2000.  Michigan State in hoops and Ohio State twice in football.  Now that’s an embarrassing track record for America’s most overrated conference.  I don’t see a Big 10 team winning it all in football again for a long while.

I'm not sure how they are overrated.  There is more to this than winning championships.  Top to bottom, the B10 is usually one of the best conferences in both major sports.  Does anyone state that they are better than that?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow