[Today at 07:19:53 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nova thread  (Read 12077 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Re: Nova thread
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2022, 12:23:31 AM »
Paid Attendance-12,782.

Student section packed! Actually lower bowl filled in nicely. Upper deck was mostly empty.

Great energy in the building. If you were blind, it sounded like a sellout.

Halftime show was excellent!

You'd like to see better attendance given the matchup and teams performance.  However, Covid has some fans choosing to stay home, and the 9pm weeknight start time probably cut down fans coming up from Chicago. 

Great to see the students energized and engaged.

Shark

• All American
« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2022, 12:25:03 AM »
Student section was great! Game sounded great in the lower bowl, but I really think they should think about using the AL for a game starting this late. Just preferably not against the conference's best teams

Yeah don't use the state of the art arena (best in the conference) with 12k+ attendance every game and instead use the little mickey mouse gym!

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #277 on: February 03, 2022, 12:25:12 AM »
NLW, you're obviously looking for attention. Since you apparently have no way to get it positively, you have regressed to what we have seen. If you're SO negative, why not look elsewhere?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2022, 12:52:41 AM »
Did anyone ever find out out what happened to the fan who had to be carried out in the first half? From where I was sitting, it looked like he wasn't moving...it didn't look good.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #279 on: February 03, 2022, 01:04:26 AM »
Did anyone ever find out out what happened to the fan who had to be carried out in the first half? From where I was sitting, it looked like he wasn't moving...it didn't look good.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a person carried like that before.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:06:02 AM by TallTitan34 »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #280 on: February 03, 2022, 05:54:49 AM »
NLW, you're obviously looking for attention. Since you apparently have no way to get it positively, you have regressed to what we have seen. If you're SO negative, why not look elsewhere?

Pssst…you answered your own question.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TheDOC816

• Starter
« Reply #281 on: February 03, 2022, 06:23:13 AM »

Talked to security who told me that they worked on him in the tunnel. He was unconscious but they were able to get a pulse. Guy I spoke with was unsure what happened after that.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #282 on: February 03, 2022, 12:25:00 PM »
Our seats look right down that tunnel. They were doing chest compressions for a while. I was surprised they didn't have an AED on him. It wasn't looking good and I heard that at one point the team Chaplain was even brought in. They eventually got him on a stretcher. Prayers to the fan and family. Hoping for a positive outcome.
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #283 on: February 03, 2022, 12:34:28 PM »
That fan is still alive, yet not doing well. I hope for the best.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

tower912

• All American
« Reply #284 on: February 03, 2022, 12:41:17 PM »
https://www.medicems.com/discover-us/performance-statistics/cardiac-arrest-statistics/

If you go into cardiac arrest in a public place with an AED nearby and bystanders who know CPR, the return of spontaneous circulation chances are decent.    However, there are always the chances of additional complications that may not reveal themselves until you arrive at the hospital.   Assuming there is room in the ER.   The odds of walking out of the hospital under your own power with undiminished mental abilities is lower.     
I assume there are mutlple AED's on site as well as EMT's and paramedics at any large stadium event.     Best of luck to the fan and his family. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #285 on: February 03, 2022, 02:21:45 PM »
Fiserv Forum has Milwaukee County Firefighter/ Paramedics at EVERY FF event, no matter the size. It was the same at the BC. It was modeled after what was done at the Carrier Dome. Full fledged crews, incl all medicines and Defib/ Cardiac monitors, etc.. The Pt is treated by these Paramedics and then the Pt is transported to the most appropriate Hospital/ER for further treatment by Milw. Fire Dept Paramedic unit .
 I was at the game as well and in the same sect. As I understand it, I was told this Pt did regain pulses and unconscious and was transported to the ER, in Critical Condition . 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #286 on: February 03, 2022, 04:05:45 PM »
Fiserv Forum has Milwaukee County Firefighter/ Paramedics at EVERY FF event, no matter the size. It was the same at the BC. It was modeled after what was done at the Carrier Dome. Full fledged crews, incl all medicines and Defib/ Cardiac monitors, etc.. The Pt is treated by these Paramedics and then the Pt is transported to the most appropriate Hospital/ER for further treatment by Milw. Fire Dept Paramedic unit .
 I was at the game as well and in the same sect. As I understand it, I was told this Pt did regain pulses and unconscious and was transported to the ER, in Critical Condition .

Glad to hear the earlier report that he died at Fiserv is incorrect. I encourage everyone to get CPR training and learn how to operate an AED. Free classes are available. With the knowledge gathered, you literally may have an opportunity to save someone's life. No excuses about getting trained- just do it!
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2022, 04:14:25 PM »
I might be completely mistaken but it appeared as if fans carried the guy to the tunnel and not EMTs.  It didn't look like the EMTs did anything until they got to the tunnel.  Is there a reason for that?  I've never seen a person carried like that before.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2022, 04:23:12 PM »
That was the fans reacting and taking him where he could be treated, sooner than leave him unconscious in his seat.  The Paramedics are "stationed" in Section 110 and 200 level.  They are called by radio to respond to where the emergency is.  They entered the floor area with their equipment and stretcher and went to the tunnel where the Pt was, and treated him there.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #289 on: February 03, 2022, 04:23:56 PM »
I might be completely mistaken but it appeared as if fans carried the guy to the tunnel and not EMTs.  It didn't look like the EMTs did anything until they got to the tunnel.  Is there a reason for that?  I've never seen a person carried like that before.

Correct, fans carried him. Looked like they grabbed the team doctor from the MU bench? When the team Chaplin went under, we were pretty worried. It looked like he was convulsing or having some sort of seizure in his seat. He looked “out” except for his face and mouth moving, very scary. Hopefully the fan/doctor/team help saves his life.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #290 on: February 03, 2022, 04:37:25 PM »
Gotcha, thanks.

Hope everything turns out ok.  Didn't look good at all.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2022, 12:14:00 PM »
Has anyone heard anything more on this fan?

feedback