[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Big East Tournament — roll call?  (Read 20189 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Big East Tournament — roll call?
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2022, 11:28:47 PM »
How are you drinking if you’re masked?

No mask unless I’m taken into custody
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2022, 11:30:08 PM »

Sooooo.... your a douche?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2022, 11:30:51 PM »
Sooooo.... your a douche?

What is my a?? Did you mean “you’re”?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2022, 11:31:28 PM »

No masks required at BET.

https://www.bigeast.com/tournaments/?id=129

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2022, 01:15:29 PM »
I want to write "Ners" on my nametag just to see what happens.
People would ask you to dunk to prove you're the real Ners
Goal is National Championship

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2022, 01:40:52 PM »

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2022, 02:22:14 PM »
A nice perk for those fully vaxxed

“Fully” vaxxed

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2022, 02:49:34 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2022, 06:29:52 PM »
I am going to have to start increasing my MU bets to pay for some road trips. Back in the day I took great pride in being a Road Warrior and excited to get back into the mix. DePaul is a lock and hopefully a start of busy spring travel schedule.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2022, 10:03:54 AM »
You have to be fully vaxxed to get into MSG in the first place.
I generally mask in crowded situations anyway- going to the Villanova game was actually unnerving, with no vax mandate and so many people ignoring the Fiserv mask mandate. Not used to that, coming from Chicago where I am used to both.
We’ll see what my comfort level is at MSG when I get there.

DHawk44

• Walk-On
Big East Tourney
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2022, 10:17:57 AM »
Planning on going to Big East tournament this year for the first time.  Any advice on the best way to do it?
Not knowing if MU advances beyond the first round, I assume Thursday is a must?

drewm88

• All American
Re: Big East Tourney
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2022, 12:02:48 PM »
Planning on going to Big East tournament this year for the first time.  Any advice on the best way to do it?
Not knowing if MU advances beyond the first round, I assume Thursday is a must?

Fly in Tuesday morning. Go to Barclays for 3 first round games of the ACC. Tickets will be about $1.50 on Stubhub. Repeat Wednesday for a game and half before you head to MSG for the BET.

15 games in 5 days. Can't beat it.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Big East Tourney
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2022, 12:37:29 PM »
Fly in Tuesday morning. Go to Barclays for 3 first round games of the ACC. Tickets will be about $1.50 on Stubhub. Repeat Wednesday for a game and half before you head to MSG for the BET.

15 games in 5 days. Can't beat it.

Particularly this year, I’d much rather spend time enjoying NYC a than I would watching ACC basketball.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2022, 01:59:23 PM »
Honestly I’m not that fixated on basketball - only really planning on the MU games in the first place, otherwise planning to be out and about in NYC. I certainly wouldn’t be going to the ACC tournament as well.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2022, 03:26:18 PM »
Particularly this year, I’d much rather spend time enjoying NYC a than I would watching ACC basketball.

Ball is life.

Tuesday: land, hotel, lunch, ball.
Wednesday, Bagel, museum, bridge, hot dog cart, ball.
Thursday: Bagel, tall building, Ground Zero, lunch, ball.
Friday: Bialy (curveball!), all day for whatever, ball.
Saturday: Whatever all day, ball.
Sunday: Sleep off your championship hangover, catch a Broadway matinee, watch the A10/BIG on your flight home.
I should be a travel agent.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2022, 03:36:36 PM »

Ball is life.

Sunday: Sleep off your championship hangover, catch a Broadway matinee, watch the A10/BIG on your flight home.

Conference tourney week is such a blast. Inject that into my veins
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2022, 03:50:32 PM »

Ball is life.

Bagel has to be Bagel Pub.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2022, 04:20:10 PM »
Any tips for airline/airport to fly into? I have never been to NYC before so would love some direction. Depending on cost/logistics, I may try to pull it off this year or next.

No good airports in the NYC area. Kennedy is a slow trip into the city, Laguardia is not much better plus it has a short runway. Newark is under construction. Suffer through and go to Newark. Take the mono rail to the train and take the train into Penn Station in NYC. Hotels are expensive in the City. Try the Lexington Hotel. Not great but reasonably good price/value compromise. If money is no object there are plenty of great 4-5 star hotels.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

ppp098

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2022, 08:36:43 PM »
Anyone hear of a pre-game rally point?

e.g pub/bar?

Go Marquette!!!

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2022, 10:02:39 PM »

Ball is life.

Solid itinerary but be careful with Sunday. You’ve gotta have your butt in a seat for the selection show, preferably in the most comfortable seat in your home so you can spend 4/5 hrs analyzing the brackets and more particularly Marquettes matchup for round one, while very very carefully looking ahead.

I’ll never forget laying in bed looking much deeper into South Carolina in 2017 and thinking oh boy Marquette is in trouble…
I knew they were good defensively, but I found out there were elite defensively and had two tall guards as their better players, a nightmare matchup as it turned out for MU. Then they strolled to the FF.

Seeds matta, but matchups matta just as much in the big show. Of course the higher your seed the better matchups you should get early, making your S16 chances much better.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2022, 09:29:54 AM »
Solid itinerary but be careful with Sunday. You’ve gotta have your butt in a seat for the selection show, preferably in the most comfortable seat in your home so you can spend 4/5 hrs analyzing the brackets and more particularly Marquettes matchup for round one, while very very carefully looking ahead.

I’ll never forget laying in bed looking much deeper into South Carolina in 2017 and thinking oh boy Marquette is in trouble…
I knew they were good defensively, but I found out there were elite defensively and had two tall guards as their better players, a nightmare matchup as it turned out for MU. Then they strolled to the FF.

Seeds matta, but matchups matta just as much in the big show. Of course the higher your seed the better matchups you should get early, making your S16 chances much better.

We had to play South Carolina in Greenville, SC so it was basically a home game for them, I remember that their star was out for a large part of the season (may have had to do with being suspended for off court "legal" problems?) and with him playing in the tourney they were a whole lot better than their seed. As you said, bad matchups matta. In the Murray State game the bad matchup was more between the two coaches than it was the teams.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2022, 10:27:25 AM »
MU had been beaten by a bunch of alpha  guards with size going off at the end of the year.  Morant was better than any of them.   I predicted a double digit defeat against Murray St specifically because of that.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2022, 11:04:28 AM »
MU had been beaten by a bunch of alpha  guards with size going off at the end of the year.  Morant was better than any of them.   I predicted a double digit defeat against Murray St specifically because of that.

No disagreement here but I think the game could have been much closer if Wojo's defensive plan was not so one dimensional. Two days later in the MS/FSU game (with the same announcers) one of them said "Notice how FSU players maintain their positions on defense." Then she added a zinger obviously directed at Marquette- "You DON'T see five guys collapsing on Morant." It could have and should have been a closer game rather than an embarrassing beat down. That's why I said I thought the mismatch was more between the coaches than the teams.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2022, 09:27:34 AM »
I'm hoping for a little advice from people who have been to the Tournament before. When my wife bought me tickets for Christmas, she was under the impression that Thursday, like Wednesday, was just one session. So, she bought me tickets for Sessions 1 and 2 thinking that would cover all the games Wednesday and all the games Thursday (she figured I could buy Friday and Saturday later depending on how MU was doing).

As it turns out, Thursday it two sessions. Session 2 includes the early games which will be Nos. 1, 4, and 5 (along with the winner of 8/9). Session 3 includes Nos. 2, 3, 7/10 and 6/11. While I'm hopeful that MU will win out and win the conference, it's not unreasonable to think they'll finish 2 or 3. So, here's what I'm wondering: am I better off just buying Session 3 now (i.e., prices are lower before the brackets are set)? Or is there any chance tickets to Session 3 will be cheaper later? For example, on Wednesday will I be able to find disappointed fans of the teams that lose the 7/10 and 6/11 games?

I'll just buy them if that is the best approach, but I'm not sure the best way to do it. Also, if it should become necessary, will tickets be available for Friday and Saturday's games from the losing fans?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2022, 09:55:31 AM »
A new work trip foiled this year’s BET plans so already looking forward to next year.

I’ve stayed in hotels anywhere along the 1 subway line, which dumps right into Penn Station, for less dollars then around MSG and in cool little neighborhoods and associated restaurants.

I’ve taken the train from Chicago to NY and while it takes some time, I telecommute that day.

My favorite way to get to MSG for the Thursday is to walk the high line.  It makes you an observer of the 1000 little things happening on the streets below you.

Bring your charging cable.  There are outlets by the elevators and no one hangs out there at halftime or between the two games.  I’ve plugged in there for 15 minutes and put a good charge into the phone so I can continue to monitor scoop during games.

feedback