[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cop shot somewhere in SE Wisconsin  (Read 19347 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Cop shot somewhere in SE Wisconsin
« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2022, 02:31:05 PM »

if you want to talk about the jan 6 disturbance, then show us all the video tapes and ask nancy why she told capital police to stand down and they didn't allow the 25.000 national guard to be on hand  oh, btw, president trump had them ready,  nancy never called them up

You are a delusional conspiracy theorist who has been conned so easily by a deranged narcissist and his sycophants that it's impossible to believe you have a college degree. Your twice-impeached hero became the only president in U.S. history to incite a violent coup attempt against his own country. He now wants to pardon the armed felons who beat cops bloody. And you not only are OK with it, you cheer it on.

Hang Mike Pence, roQQet, Hang Mike Pence!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2022, 09:03:00 PM »
And every BLM riot in the summer of 2020

Including or excluding the ones instigated by white supremacy sympathizers?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #227 on: February 06, 2022, 09:32:31 PM »
Including or excluding the ones instigated by white supremacy sympathizers?

The idea that it was white supremacists who burned down cities and killed scores in the summer of 2020 is as crazy as the claim that the FBI or antifa incited the Jan 6 riots.

IOW, bs.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2022, 09:56:48 PM »
The idea that it was white supremacists who burned down cities and killed scores in the summer of 2020 is as crazy as the claim that the FBI or antifa incited the Jan 6 riots.

IOW, bs.

Speaking of BS, which cities were burned down? Where were "scores" of people killed?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #229 on: February 06, 2022, 10:03:33 PM »

IOW, bs.

I'm not saying it happened all over or a bunch but it did happen at least once. 

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/man-helped-ignite-george-floyd-riots-identified-white/story?id=72051536
Maigh Eo for Sam

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2022, 10:19:43 PM »
Speaking of BS, which cities were burned down? Where were "scores" of people killed?

“Burned down” was hyperbolic - burned up was more like it. Estimates of damages from arson and looting between$1.5 and 2 billion. “Scores” (40+) also appears to be - hard to get a definitive number. The lowest estimate I’ve seen is between 12 and 19. Between 700 and 1000 policemen were injured.

Apologies for exaggerations.

What was the death toll, property damage and injuries to law enforcement on January 6?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 10:25:05 PM by Lennys Tap »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2022, 10:32:25 PM »
What was the death toll, property damage and injuries to law enforcement on January 6?

Why can't you condemn Jan. 6 without trying to minimize it?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2022, 10:39:55 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2022, 10:49:23 PM »
“Burned down” was hyperbolic - burned up was more like it. Estimates of damages from arson and looting between$1.5 and 2 billion. “Scores” (40+) also appears to be - hard to get a definitive number. The lowest estimate I’ve seen is between 12 and 19. Between 700 and 1000 policemen were injured.

Apologies for exaggerations.

Beat cops bloody, which is what the 1/6/21 seditionists did, is not hyperbole.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2022, 10:51:36 PM »

Ooh! Can all of us play?

Select all the squares with the seditionists who injured about 150 police officers as they staged a violent coup at the behest of the president of the United States.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2022, 06:30:39 AM »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #236 on: February 07, 2022, 06:56:43 AM »

Gee. I wonder why. Such a mystery.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #237 on: February 07, 2022, 07:22:35 AM »

I do condemn it/them and always have. I’ve made posts here that do just that.

That said, the idea that this was a planned, armed attempt to overthrow the government (a drum banged over and over and over by some politicians, some media members and some Scoopers) is on its face absurd to me. And the fact that that those same folks who refer to it as such  minimized and in some cases even carried  water for the rioters in the summer of 2020 seems hypocritical to me.

I have zero sympathy for the idiots who stormed the Capitol. I didn’t contribute to funds trying to bail them out or encourage anyone else to - I hope they’re punished for what they did. The fact that I can’t say the same about many BLM supporters (including our Vice President) saddens me.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #238 on: February 07, 2022, 07:42:50 AM »

That said, the idea that this was a planned, armed attempt to overthrow the government (a drum banged over and over and over by some politicians, some media members and some Scoopers) is on its face absurd to me. And the fact that that those same folks who refer to it as such  minimized and in some cases even carried  water for the rioters in the summer of 2020 seems hypocritical to me.

I have zero sympathy for the idiots who stormed the Capitol. I didn’t contribute to funds trying to bail them out or encourage anyone else to - I hope they’re punished for what they did. The fact that I can’t say the same about many BLM supporters (including our Vice President) saddens me.

You once again can't seem tell the difference between BLM the movement and BLM, Inc.

The vast majority of people who protested were peaceful, including many of those who were arrested and then bailed out using contributed funds.  This has been stated multiple times here but apparently you can't figure it out.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #239 on: February 07, 2022, 08:19:15 AM »
From the AP this morning in an article about attempts to get Ivanka Trump to testify to the 1/6 panel:

Hours after Trump’s call to Pence, Ivanka Trump joined brother Donald Trump Jr., Rudy Giuliani and Kimberly Guilfoyle under a large tent at the rally to listen to Trump’s speech.

(Ivanka) reportedly told aides she “decided to attend only because she had hoped to calm the president and help keep the event on an even keel.”

After Trump’s speech, as rioters began to smash through Capitol police barriers and break windows, the former president tweeted: “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution ...”

That tweet, according to court testimony, only added to the anger fueling the mob.

Back in the White House, as staffers watched in shock at what was unfolding down Pennsylvania Avenue on television screens positioned throughout the West Wing, Trump’s attention was so rapt that he hit rewind and watched certain moments again, according to Stephanie Grisham, a former White House press secretary.

“Look at all of the people fighting for me,” Trump said, according to Grisham, who also served as chief of staff to first lady Melania Trump. At one point, the president was confused why staffers weren’t as excited as he was watching the unrest unfold.

Kellogg testified that staff wanted the president to take immediate action to address the violence consuming the Capitol, but Trump refused.

“Is someone getting to potus? He has to tell protestors to dissipate. Someone is going to get killed,” Alyssa Farrah Griffin, a former White House communications official, texted Ben Williamson, an aide to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows.

“I’ve been trying for the last 30 minutes. Literally stormed in outer oval to get him to put out the first one. It’s completely insane,” Williamson wrote back.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., then called Ivanka Trump, pleading that the president “ask people to leave.”

“We’re working on it,” she replied.

At that point, staffers acknowledged that despite efforts by Meadows, press secretary Kayleigh McEnany and Kellogg, the only person who could get through to him would be his daughter.

Ivanka Trump, according to testimony, went on to make at least two “tenacious” attempts to reason with her father as staffers were bombarded with messages from Trump allies begging him to quell the violence.

“Can he make a statement. I saw the tweet. Ask people to leave the (Capitol),” Fox News host Sean Hannity texted Meadows.

But inside the West Wing, Kellogg strongly recommended that they not ask the president to appear in the press room, where a group of reporters would be waiting for him.

“Apparently, certain White House staff believed that a live unscripted press appearance by the President in the midst of the Capitol Hill violence could have made the situation worse,” lawmakers wrote in their letter to Ivanka Trump.

The president ultimately agreed to a video statement. Multiple takes were filmed but not used. In each one of the initial takes, according to the committee, he failed to ask rioters to leave.

The final video was released on Twitter at 4:17 p.m. — nearly two hours after Trump’s initial tweet criticizing Pence.

“This was a fraudulent election, but we can’t play into the hands of these people,” Trump said in the video. “We have to have peace. So go home. We love you; you’re very special.”

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., the vice chair of the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection, has said it’s hard to “imagine a more significant and more serious dereliction of duty” than Trump’s failure to quell the riots.

Trump’s last words that day came at 6:01 p.m. when he tweeted that the 2020 election was “unceremoniously and viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly and unfairly treated for so long.”

He ended with, “Go home with love and in peace. Remember this day forever.”

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-siege-ivanka-trump-joe-biden-donald-trump-congress-f578160e79b0c8fc4f16c21c2afa9e8b?user_email=6647dfa7189f748384d7389910f7b584c6fcfc35ae990102964c7e826d4175c7&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New%20Campaign&utm_term=Morning%20Wire%20Subscribers

Again, here's the definition of coup: a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

It was an attempted coup; thankfully, they didn't succeed, partly because Pence and members of Congress were ushered away to safety. The then-president fomented the attempted coup beforehand ... he reveled in it as it took place ... he wondered why others also weren't reveling in it ... he refused to do anything to quell it for hours even as the violent crowd of armed seditionists injured police, ransacked the Capitol and searched for Pence and Pelosi ... and when it finally ended, he told the terrorists (Ted Cruz's word) he "loved" them.

He's right that history will remember 1/6/21 forever as one of the saddest in American history, the day the sitting president incited a violent coup attempt against his own government.

But yes, there were protests against police brutality and unfortunately, a few turned violent. Then-candidate Biden condemned the violence and tried to calm the situation. So sure ... it's practically the exact same situation as the "legitimate political discourse" of 1/6/21 and the then-president's approach to it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #240 on: February 07, 2022, 08:40:27 AM »
In this case I agree with the opinion of the National Review.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #241 on: February 07, 2022, 08:59:03 AM »

Hey CountryRoads,

Look, I found a photo that proves nothing bad happened during WW2!  Who are the dopes that actually believe that millions of people died?  What a bunch of morons, right?  Looks like a pretty decent party with music...maybe a little heavy on the dudes...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2022, 09:02:36 AM »

You condemn it, and then immediately try to minimize it.
Very on brand.
And if you don't think it was a planned, armed attempt to overthrow the election results, you're willfully ignorant of reality.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #243 on: February 07, 2022, 09:35:11 AM »
You condemn it, and then immediately try to minimize it.
Very on brand.
And if you don't think it was a planned, armed attempt to overthrow the election results, you're willfully ignorant of reality.

I do not try to minimize it but rather condemn it for what it was.

Meanwhile, where is your condemnation of those here who haven’t (yourself included) condemned without minimizing the riots of 2020?

You can call my disagreement with your point of view “willful ignorance” if insulting me makes you feel good - but it doesn’t make it so.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #244 on: February 07, 2022, 09:45:15 AM »

Meanwhile, where is your condemnation of those here who haven’t (yourself included) condemned without minimizing the riots of 2020?

You can call my disagreement with your point of view “willful ignorance” if insulting me makes you feel good - but it doesn’t make it so.

If 1/6/20 wasn't a planned, armed attempt at a coup, then wtf was it?  Individuals all just decided to go to Washington, DC with their assault rifles on their own, the sitting President of the United States of America had a spur of the moment, popup rally for what he assumed would be just passer bys on the sidewalk (since it wasn't a planned group of people gathering together), and things just escalated quickly in ways nobody saw coming?

Jesus Christ people are dumb.

They were using messaging apps to contact each other and planning the entire thing.  And they carried it out.  And people died, including the blue lives that matter so significantly when someone says that black lives matter.  Well, they didn't matter that day.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2022, 10:05:47 AM »

I condemn all political violence, from all corners. I have never once minimized any riot. But I will continue to call out hysterical hyperbole.

"Willful ignorance" is the generous interpretation of those who - given all the evidence we have today - claim Jan. 6 was neither planned nor armed. It's not a "point of view" It's truth vs lies.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #246 on: February 07, 2022, 10:08:26 AM »

Referring to the entire summer of protests as some sort of non-stop burn every major city center riot is idiocy.

In every group of people there will be trouble makers who want to cause mayhem.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #247 on: February 07, 2022, 10:14:56 AM »
If 1/6/20 wasn't a planned, armed attempt at a coup, then wtf was it?  Individuals all just decided to go to Washington, DC with their assault rifles on their own, the sitting President of the United States of America had a spur of the moment, popup rally for what he assumed would be just passer bys on the sidewalk (since it wasn't a planned group of people gathering together), and things just escalated quickly in ways nobody saw coming?

Jesus Christ people are dumb.

They were using messaging apps to contact each other and planning the entire thing.  And they carried it out.  And people died, including the blue lives that matter so significantly when someone says that black lives matter.  Well, they didn't matter that day.

Let's not forget the private tours given by members of Congress the days before...

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #248 on: February 07, 2022, 10:37:16 AM »

IOW, bs.

How do you not know that Proud Boys and Boogaloo Boys members were arrested for instigating vandalism in multiple cities?

Couple the lack of education on the people arrested with your wildly hysterical exaggerations of what occurred and it seems quite plain you're talking out of turn.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2022, 10:38:49 AM »
  come on man!  there was over a $billion$ damage during the "mostly peaceful" riots.  over 2000 police were injured and 25-50 deaths depending on who's counting.  the capital disruption caused $1.5 mil damage and 5 deaths.  one was an unarmed female shot by capital police.  3 deaths by natural causes and one drug overdose.

if you want to talk about the jan 6 disturbance, then show us all the video tapes and ask nancy why she told capital police to stand down and they didn't allow the 25.000 national guard to be on hand  oh, btw, president trump had them ready,  nancy never called them up
10 out of 10 and 5 gold star bonus.

This one is a masterpiece. Conspiracy theories abound along with absurdly incorrect information.

A violent attempt to overturn a Presidential election and the government itself is a:
"thingy"
"disruption"
"disturbance"

Bravo.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback