[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Darryl Morsell and Kur Kuath  (Read 7850 times)

DoctorV

• All American
Re: Darryl Morsell and Kur Kuath
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2022, 09:40:38 PM »
So who do you guys think will have a bigger impact in the second half of the season,
Darryl or Kur? 😂

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2022, 02:15:56 AM »
I apologize for the divergence of the subject.
I have to say Kur Kuath, just because rebounding, shot blocking and feeds from the guards (Tyler, Kam, Stevie) for easy baskets is going to be so critical to the success of the team.
Darryl Morsell is important, but Kur Kuath is indispensable. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 01:52:08 PM by NCMUFan »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2022, 03:01:13 AM »
I find it hard to believe that Wojo was given an ultimatum regarding the assistant coaches. I feel that was more of the story to save face, even though it was reported by some reputable sources at the time. If he was given the ultimatum, then I’d really question the competence of Scholl. Wojo would be understandably pissed at the admin the rest of his tenure and would leave at the first chance. It would only make sense to rip the bandaid off and start over in that situation, imo.

Scholl probably knew he’d say no.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2022, 11:48:32 AM »
Scholl probably phrased it in a way that Wojo could only say no.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2022, 12:28:08 PM »
Morsell on Freeman-Liberty?  This is why we have him.  Shut him down and MU wins easily.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2022, 12:47:49 PM »
Morsell on Freeman-Liberty?  This is why we have him.  Shut him down and MU wins easily.

I think the key might be shutting down David Jones. DePaul has played 7 games against high-major caliber competition. When Jones has a 100+ ORtg, they are 2-0. When he has a sub-100 ORtg or doesn't play, they are 0-5. JFL is going to get his, but if you take away the Robin to his Batman, DePaul doesn't really have an answer.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2022, 12:50:16 PM »
I think the key might be shutting down David Jones. DePaul has played 7 games against high-major caliber competition. When Jones has a 100+ ORtg, they are 2-0. When he has a sub-100 ORtg or doesn't play, they are 0-5. JFL is going to get his, but if you take away the Robin to his Batman, DePaul doesn't really have an answer.

Sounds good to me. 

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2022, 02:03:04 PM »
So who do you guys think will have a bigger impact in the second half of the season,
Darryl or Kur? 😂

I knew the answer was Darryl but no one else jumped on board.

D. Morsell may be the most important player on this team for the rest of the campaign.

Huge game tonight.

“Darryl is imo one of, if not the most important part of this team in the second half of the season. This will likely draw some head scratches as well, but it seems to me that this MU team is coming together just right for a guy like Morsell to make the ultimate difference in the overall success of the season. I mean that moreso from a casual fans perspective of making the dance and possibly making some noise.

We all know he’s tapered off massively on offense. He started the season looking like he was a new man and has since regressed to equilibrium, all Marquettes do reach equilibrium after all.

That said, we know he has the offense in him when he’s in a right state of mind and a comfort groove.
Like Kur, I’d like to see the staff challenge him to crashing the boards harder- I actually think that will get him more engaged and improve his overall game even more. If Darryl can get back to becoming a bigger overall force in the next two months this team will make a lot more of an impact.
He has the experience, he has the ability, he has the drive.”

26&5 on 8-12, 4-5 from 3 with that defense will definitely do
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:06:34 PM by DoctorV »

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2022, 12:47:31 AM »

Darryl is imo one of, if not the most important part of this team in the second half of the season. This will likely draw some head scratches as well, but it seems to me that this MU team is coming together just right for a guy like Morsell to make the ultimate difference in the overall success of the season. I mean that moreso from a casual fans perspective of making the dance and possibly making some noise.

We all know he’s tapered off massively on offense. He started the season looking like he was a new man and has since regressed to equilibrium, all Marquettes do reach equilibrium after all.

That said, we know he has the offense in him when he’s in a right state of mind and a comfort groove

16, 26, 10, 19, 4, 14, 15 in the last 7 games

39/76 for 51% from the field
12/29 for 41% from the 3
14/14 from the line
Steals, blocks, defense, senior leadership.

Batman (JL) has been Batman, but Batman has his Robin.

feedback