collapse

* Recent Posts

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 03:24:20 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:13 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by BrewCity83
[Today at 03:23:55 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:05:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hospitalized With or From??  (Read 7751 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Hospitalized With or From??
« on: January 07, 2022, 04:08:17 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/alykatzz/status/1479552490764967940

First real look at the data behind this question.  About half (in NY at least) of Covid hospitalizations are hospitalized for other reasons. 

Of course this doesn’t stop with just hospitalizations.

Question is why are we just looking at this data out now, 2 years in? 

MUBurrow

• All American
Re: Hospitalized With or From??
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 04:10:48 PM »

At this point I think we can only assume its a massive conpsiracy to keep us from knowing the truth.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 04:13:28 PM »
Covid has killed exactly zero people.  Internal organs failing to function anymore is the real culprit.  We should look into that more.  Why is nobody researching these lazy organs!?!

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 04:16:39 PM »
Yes that is what I said. 

But if Covid is half as deadly and half the hospitalization risk you don’t think that’s important data to know? 

Especially if for certain age groups (say under 40) the death/hospitalization rate is dramatically lower then we know.  You’d think you’d want to know that but I guess not for a few of you here.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 04:27:14 PM »
You’d think you’d want to know that but I guess not for a few of you here.

Nope, I'd prefer not to know. You're just more intellectually curious than me.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 04:31:41 PM »
Truth is unknowable, eat Arbys

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 04:34:46 PM »
#keepsciencing

Or something like that

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2022, 04:55:30 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/alykatzz/status/1479552490764967940

First real look at the data behind this question.  About half (in NY at least) of Covid hospitalizations are hospitalized for other reasons. 

The data in the tweet says statewide 57% of patients with COVID were hospitalized due to COVID. In some areas as high as 80%.

Your data doesn't say what you think it says.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2022, 04:56:46 PM »
The data in the tweet says statewide 57% of patients with COVID were hospitalized due to COVID. In some areas as high as 80%.

About half (43%) statewide is what I said.  Which is what the tweet said.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 05:03:15 PM »

Oh wow, big shock.  Your saying that he's willfully misinterpreting data to fit a narrative?  I refuse to believe he is that kind of person.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 05:15:32 PM »
Oh wow, big shock.  Your saying that he's willfully misinterpreting data to fit a narrative?  I refuse to believe he is that kind of person.

How was it misinterpreted??  You guys are something.  This is supposed to be good news.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2022, 06:02:20 PM »
How was it misinterpreted??  You guys are something.  This is supposed to be good news.

Okay, but how is it good news?  Because hospital beds aren't as full with "Covid" patients?  Anyone who shows up to the hospital needs to be treated regardless of what they're presenting.  Adding Covid on top of a broken leg (for example) doesn't really change the prognosis.  The hospital still has to treat the patient under the same Covid protocols.  Which means sanitation and full PPE for this person.  The person is still there FOR Covid treatment.  Whether they arrived with covid (the assumption your making here is that after their initial admission, their case was mild case. 

Also, what we're really looking at is a snapshot of what the person had when they were admitted.  It isn't right to assume that the 43% of people state wide that were admitted aren't also now suffering from a more severe case of Covid.  I think it should be important to add a final column that shows how many of the people who were admitted WITH Covid but now are there FOR Covid beyond why they were originally admitted.  That would paint a much clearer picture.

Personally, I'd just classify this as 'news', but on a larger scale we should have a national healthcare database so we can perform better analysis of situations like this.  Because I think it would be important to know.   Instead of the jumbled up mess we currently have.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2022, 06:19:18 PM »
Tracking this is incredibly important today because the big-O is milder, especially in vaccinated people.  So a great measure of community spread. 

Unfortunately though hospitals have capacity and it may become an issue.  We shall see.

I’m most interested in ICU surveys.  Because if we can keep that from overcapacity then it’s a good sign we can all move on.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2022, 06:51:16 PM »
Hey guys someone named Ally on Twitter posted a screenshot of a spreadsheet check it out.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2022, 07:48:04 PM »
About half (43%) statewide is what I said.  Which is what the tweet said.
trollfail
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jfmu

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2022, 08:35:58 PM »
Okay, but how is it good news?  Because hospital beds aren't as full with "Covid" patients?  Anyone who shows up to the hospital needs to be treated regardless of what they're presenting.  Adding Covid on top of a broken leg (for example) doesn't really change the prognosis.  The hospital still has to treat the patient under the same Covid protocols.  Which means sanitation and full PPE for this person.  The person is still there FOR Covid treatment.  Whether they arrived with covid (the assumption your making here is that after their initial admission, their case was mild case. 

Also, what we're really looking at is a snapshot of what the person had when they were admitted.  It isn't right to assume that the 43% of people state wide that were admitted aren't also now suffering from a more severe case of Covid.  I think it should be important to add a final column that shows how many of the people who were admitted WITH Covid but now are there FOR Covid beyond why they were originally admitted.  That would paint a much clearer picture.

Personally, I'd just classify this as 'news', but on a larger scale we should have a national healthcare database so we can perform better analysis of situations like this.  Because I think it would be important to know.   Instead of the jumbled up mess we currently have.

Maybe what you are missing is that anyone who comes to the hospital gets swabbed for Covid and is positive but asymptomatic is a non issue.

For example, when my daughter went to ER for a broken bone they swabbed her. If she would have came back positive if would have counted as Covid hospital bed despite being asymptomatic without any concern.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2022, 08:54:20 PM »
Our local hospital is stopping all non emergency surgeries. But hey, the folks that are having their surgeries postponed will be thrilled that some people are in the hospital without Covid being the primary reason.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2022, 09:12:27 PM »

💯

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2022, 09:17:14 PM »
Hey guys someone named Ally on Twitter posted a screenshot of a spreadsheet check it out.

That I only saw cause the former FDA director, someone who a lot on Scoop have considered to be their North Star for objective C19 analysis responded to it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottGottliebMD/status/1479560118954078212

Keep making a fool of yourself skat.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2022, 09:26:49 PM »
Our local hospital is stopping all non emergency surgeries. But hey, the folks that are having their surgeries postponed will be thrilled that some people are in the hospital without Covid being the primary reason.

Agree.  Not saying hospitals aren’t stressed and at capacity.  But the data is important to know as policy decisions, mandates, etc are being decided based off this data.

Today in the SC we had a sitting justice claim 100,000+ kids were in serious condition and on a ventilator cause Covid.  That is unbelievably false and dangerous rhetoric.  The more we look into the true data the better we can make decisions/recommendations moving forward. 

If with the therapeutics and vaccines we now have readily available (for the most part) can help minimize severity and hospitalizations then there is no reason for mandates or draconian measures anymore.  The “with” or “from” topic used to be labeled conspiracy talk, it’s now thankfully being looked at seriously. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2022, 10:15:07 PM »
Maybe what you are missing is that anyone who comes to the hospital gets swabbed for Covid and is positive but asymptomatic is a non issue.

For example, when my daughter went to ER for a broken bone they swabbed her. If she would have came back positive if would have counted as Covid hospital bed despite being asymptomatic without any concern.

No, I fully understand that, and my post addresses that.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2022, 07:11:25 AM »

Excess mortality surges exactly when Covid deaths surge.

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1479561539413753860?s=20

So I don't know exactly what you mean by "doesn't stop with hospitalizations," or why you think we aren't looking at data, but this shows, 1: that a lot of people are dying, and 2: you remain a clown.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2022, 07:42:42 AM »

Your daughter was admitted for a broken bone? They only swab if the patient was being admitted.

I think all of this is kind of funny. A majority of the patients I see “with COVID” are also fully vaccinated, proving the vaccines work. The PPE and staffing and all of that is all terrible, but the “with COVID” numbers going up, is a good sign.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2022, 07:51:58 AM »
Your daughter was admitted for a broken bone? They only swab if the patient was being admitted.

I think all of this is kind of funny. A majority of the patients I see “with COVID” are also fully vaccinated, proving the vaccines work. The PPE and staffing and all of that is all terrible, but the “with COVID” numbers going up, is a good sign.

It’s a great sign!! 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2022, 11:52:29 AM »
Love when Jams point is called out in the Twitter thread he links.

https://twitter.com/alykatzz/status/1479828872686411778?s=21

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2022, 01:56:57 PM »
I read further down the Twitter feed- someone posted a link to a NY high-schooler’s account of what is actually happening in the school - holy cow!
He is begging for remote learning, as unsatisfactory as it is.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2022, 01:58:13 PM »
The pacearrow self-owns will continue until morale improves
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2022, 09:49:34 AM »
Stats from Advocate Aurora Health as of January 5th :

Have some patience, FFS.

pacearrow02

• Starter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2022, 11:15:40 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1480207649807507458

Doing so would be bad health care policy, and inaccurate in regards to how we treat medical deaths across the board.

Not to mention, what about states where they intentionally suppressed counts by listing deaths as other causes (e.g. stroke, blood clots, cardiac arrest), when the proximal cause of those aspects were COVID.

We know a simple fact. Based on excess deaths, we are undercounting COVID deaths. Any revisions to the numbers would be political, and not guided by existing health care guidelines.

But recent decisions by the CDC have been purely politically guided, and not based on science, so it would be par for the course. As I said under the previous administration, the CDC is in an awkward position, they are guided by two arms, politics and science. When those are in conflict politics often wins.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 11:17:27 AM by forgetful »

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2022, 06:19:47 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1480679058488836097

Hey look, they’re talking about Ally from Twitter and her spreadsheet on CNN!!!  Cool.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2022, 06:53:26 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1480679058488836097

Hey look, they’re talking about Ally from Twitter and her spreadsheet on CNN!!!  Cool.

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2022, 11:28:40 AM »
https://info.stratadecision.com/hubfs/Website/NPPVT/NPPVT%202022%20March_Final.pdf

Great data that if I’m reading correctly hospital utilization throughout the whole pandemic never reached pre pandemic (2019) levels.  Can that be true?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2022, 01:49:37 PM »
https://info.stratadecision.com/hubfs/Website/NPPVT/NPPVT%202022%20March_Final.pdf

Great data that if I’m reading correctly hospital utilization throughout the whole pandemic never reached pre pandemic (2019) levels.  Can that be true?

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2022, 08:09:48 AM »
While there are certainly clear cut cases like a broken leg even those require a higher level of care that take up hospital space. Many of the for/with cases aren't clear cut. During the Omnicrom Wave hosptials had a lot of patients with chronic conditions exacerbated by COVID. These folks were technically admitted for another condition, but COVID caused it to flare up.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2022, 10:40:21 AM »
While there are certainly clear cut cases like a broken leg even those require a higher level of care that take up hospital space. Many of the for/with cases aren't clear cut. During the Omnicrom Wave hosptials had a lot of patients with chronic conditions exacerbated by COVID. These folks were technically admitted for another condition, but COVID caused it to flare up.

Absolutely! 

I guess I was just surprised to see that at no point in the past 2 years of the pandemic we’re hospitals overrun at unprecedented levels like it was being portrayed in the media.  Even looking at regional breakdowns that would better highlight the seasonal spikes across the country throughout a calendar year hospital utilization never topped 2019 levels if I’m reading the data correctly that is.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2022, 11:17:58 AM »
Absolutely! 

I guess I was just surprised to see that at no point in the past 2 years of the pandemic we’re hospitals overrun at unprecedented levels like it was being portrayed in the media.  Even looking at regional breakdowns that would better highlight the seasonal spikes across the country throughout a calendar year hospital utilization never topped 2019 levels if I’m reading the data correctly that is.

What about emergency rooms and ICUs?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2022, 12:08:33 PM »
What about emergency rooms and ICUs?

Emergency room data is in there (down as well) but doesn’t specifically break out ICU numbers.