collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2022  (Read 70343 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Golf 2022
« Reply #1150 on: August 30, 2022, 08:44:08 PM »
Just once, I want an athlete to say, “I prayed on it and I’ll agree to lesser money”

Lesser money doesn’t fill up the collection baskets.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1151 on: August 30, 2022, 09:33:45 PM »
Matthew 7:1 - Judge not lest ye be judged.

Well after you defund the FBI, I guess you want to defund the courts next.

The Bible verse is about judging what is in men's hearts - it isn't about judging their actions.

But you get extra points for misusing the Bible whenever it is convenient.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1152 on: August 30, 2022, 11:39:03 PM »
Well after you defund the FBI, I guess you want to defund the courts next.

The Bible verse is about judging what is in men's hearts - it isn't about judging their actions.

But you get extra points for misusing the Bible whenever it is convenient.

I’ll ignore your idiotic FBI reference as it’s a total red herring - one of your specialties.

To your “point” (lol), when Rico and his band of merry men mocked Tringale - for praying before making a major life decision - judging what was in his heart was exactly what they were doing. As you point out, anyone is free to criticize his decision, but not was in his heart. Thanks for (accidentally) making my (and the Bible’s) point.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1153 on: August 31, 2022, 07:37:33 AM »
Why are people so mean?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1154 on: August 31, 2022, 08:24:38 AM »
Harold Varner farewell letter to PGA Tour . Straight up honest it’s for the money

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch5H1zWufYI/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1155 on: August 31, 2022, 08:33:04 AM »
I’ll ignore your idiotic FBI reference as it’s a total red herring - one of your specialties.

To your “point” (lol), when Rico and his band of merry men mocked Tringale - for praying before making a major life decision - judging what was in his heart was exactly what they were doing. As you point out, anyone is free to criticize his decision, but not was in his heart. Thanks for (accidentally) making my (and the Bible’s) point.

Wanking motion
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1156 on: August 31, 2022, 09:13:38 AM »
I find it interesting how many times God allegedly tells people exactly what they want to hear.

*God voice*

"Yes, my child. Take all the riches and play on the tour funded by that regime that executes people for fun."

GTFOH.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 09:15:44 AM by MUfan12 »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1157 on: August 31, 2022, 09:30:03 AM »
I find it interesting how many times God allegedly tells people exactly what they want to hear.

Imagine the conversations he has with rocket.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1158 on: August 31, 2022, 09:39:23 AM »
Imagine the conversations he has with rocket.

“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1159 on: August 31, 2022, 09:42:13 AM »

We're not mocking him for praying before making a major life decision.
We're making fun of him for publicizing his praying as a shield against the totally deserved criticism he knew he would face for getting into bed with the Saudis to further enrich himself (which, I'm sure, is exactly what God told him to do ... Jesus was all about making bank).
And apparently one person has fallen for it.

Matthew 6:5-6

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1160 on: August 31, 2022, 09:58:24 AM »
We're not mocking him for praying before making a major life decision.
We're making fun of him for publicizing his praying as a shield against the totally deserved criticism he knew he would face for getting into bed with the Saudis to further enrich himself (which, I'm sure, is exactly what God told him to do ... Jesus was all about making bank).
And apparently one person has fallen for it.

Matthew 6:5-6

A Public display of prayer was something Jesus spoke out against.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1161 on: August 31, 2022, 10:19:17 AM »
I do respect Varner’s comments. He at least came out and said this is about money and setting my family up for life. He seems like a guy who LIV is perfect for. Steady career, but not really a guarantee for big dollars. Might as well take the sure thing and lock in those earnings*.

*This is assuming LIV’s contracts aren’t a bit of a Trojan Horse. It seems like there’s some articles that come out every once in awhile that the guaranteed income isn’t as guaranteed as we think.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1162 on: August 31, 2022, 01:43:12 PM »
Harold Varner farewell letter to PGA Tour . Straight up honest it’s for the money

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch5H1zWufYI/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Respect.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1163 on: August 31, 2022, 07:43:44 PM »
Wanking motion

Give it a breather - that little thing’s gonna fall off.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #1164 on: August 31, 2022, 09:39:23 PM »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1165 on: September 01, 2022, 07:48:32 AM »
A brief Varner follow up.

https://golf.com/news/harold-varner-liv-golf-hated/

The sport is probably deeper than it has ever been.  Younger players are taking up spots faster than ever and guys like Varner and Tringale are going to get lapped.  I know why they jumped, the guaranteed money versus the coming reckoning for their careers makes sense.

What doesn’t make sense is, why LIV punts younger guys for two guys like this.  It’s not healthy for the sport when competetion scares guys to take guaranteed money.  Cam Smith will be a great case study.  Can he remain an elite player?  Can Niemann reach the heights his game exhibited?  Big risks for achieving lasting greatness but great for the checkbook.  It’s a fascinating dichotomy putting all the other issues aside

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #1166 on: September 01, 2022, 10:06:54 AM »
The sport is probably deeper than it has ever been.  Younger players are taking up spots faster than ever and guys like Varner and Tringale are going to get lapped.  I know why they jumped, the guaranteed money versus the coming reckoning for their careers makes sense.

What doesn’t make sense is, why LIV punts younger guys for two guys like this.  It’s not healthy for the sport when competetion scares guys to take guaranteed money.  Cam Smith will be a great case study.  Can he remain an elite player?  Can Niemann reach the heights his game exhibited?  Big risks for achieving lasting greatness but great for the checkbook.  It’s a fascinating dichotomy putting all the other issues aside

I don't get it either. Varner is an engaging guy with a nice story who's liked on social, so I guess there's some value there. Tringale on the other hand, woof.

The buzz at the moment for LIV is what new guy they are adding next. Reminds me of the start of the NWO in WCW. Who's next, lol. However, I feel that could be coming to an end pretty soon. Then what?

They don't seem too interested in creating their own stars. Continue to try and poach from The Tour? If so, I agree with you, the competition issue has a chance to become a major problem in trying to lure young Tour players. It will be fascinating to watch how the prime LIV players fare in the major championships over the next few years.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1167 on: September 01, 2022, 10:10:46 AM »

Totally agree, Unk.

Plus, any post that can use “dichotomy” correctly is automatically a good one!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1168 on: September 01, 2022, 10:27:14 AM »
It will be fascinating to watch how the prime LIV players fare in the major championships over the next few years.

How and if they're allowed to compete outside existing exemptions.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1169 on: September 01, 2022, 10:44:43 AM »
I don't get it either. Varner is an engaging guy with a nice story who's liked on social, so I guess there's some value there. Tringale on the other hand, woof.

The buzz at the moment for LIV is what new guy they are adding next. Reminds me of the start of the NWO in WCW. Who's next, lol. However, I feel that could be coming to an end pretty soon. Then what?

Prediction: Rory McIlroy turns heel, joins LIV, grows a beard and goes by Ryadh Rory.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #1170 on: September 01, 2022, 10:51:38 AM »
How and if they're allowed to compete outside existing exemptions.

The guys I'm referring to are Cam Smith, Bryson, Reed, DJ, and Brooks. All should been eligible via existing exemptions over the course of the next few years, if they are honored.

Niemann is the one to watch. I believe he will need his OWGR to qualify for the Masters. He's currently 19. Where will he be come March?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1171 on: September 01, 2022, 12:10:22 PM »
The guys I'm referring to are Cam Smith, Bryson, Reed, DJ, and Brooks. All should been eligible via existing exemptions over the course of the next few years, if they are honored.

Niemann is the one to watch. I believe he will need his OWGR to qualify for the Masters. He's currently 19. Where will he be come March?

I believe Reed’s exemptions outside the Masters end after 2023 and 2024 for Brooks.  I think Brooks is cooked anyway.  No one buys his alpha dog BS anymore and Reed has been pretty inconsistent since last spring

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #1172 on: September 01, 2022, 12:37:38 PM »
I believe Reed’s exemptions outside the Masters end after 2023 and 2024 for Brooks.  I think Brooks is cooked anyway.  No one buys his alpha dog BS anymore and Reed has been pretty inconsistent since last spring

You're right. I thought it was a 10-year exemption after winning the Masters for the other majors, but it is only 5 years. So, yeah, time is almost up for Reed.

I think deep-down Brooks hates golf. He always wanted to be a professional athlete, but there's some weird self-loathing that only way he could do so was by playing golf.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1173 on: September 01, 2022, 12:43:11 PM »
You're right. I thought it was a 10-year exemption after winning the Masters for the other majors, but it is only 5 years. So, yeah, time is almost up for Reed.

I think deep-down Brooks hates golf. He always wanted to be a professional athlete, but there's some weird self-loathing that only way he could do so was by playing golf.

Brooks is the classic bully who got punched in the face and didn’t know how to react.  First DJ having the crowd behind him at Bethpage and FIGJAM slow playing him at Kiawah.  Mix in the loss at Harding Park and generally not being a real factor elsewhere and you get a guy with no other game plan

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1174 on: September 01, 2022, 01:33:26 PM »

I think he’s said as much in his PMT interview. That’s why he really only practices for the majors. He mentioned getting bored midway through rounds.

I think in that interview he mentioned baseball was the sport he had a passion for.