Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 11 Glue Guys  (Read 6589 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: 11 Glue Guys
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2022, 09:47:00 AM »
Juan Toscano-Anderson is getting regular minutes for the Warriors.  I never thought he would sniff the Association in a million years, but he has nearly ten times more NBA minutes than the rest of the 2012-13 Elite 8 roster combined.

So what does that tell me?  First, that motivation and improvement mean A LOT when it comes to marginal NBA talents becoming NBA regulars - and even then being in the right place at the right time is important.  Second, that I have no idea how to judge how successful a NBA player with the profile of a Justin Lewis is going to be. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2022, 10:06:50 AM »
Juan Toscano-Anderson is getting regular minutes for the Warriors.  I never thought he would sniff the Association in a million years, but he has nearly ten times more NBA minutes than the rest of the 2012-13 Elite 8 roster combined.

So what does that tell me?  First, that motivation and improvement mean A LOT when it comes to marginal NBA talents becoming NBA regulars - and even then being in the right place at the right time is important.  Second, that I have no idea how to judge how successful a NBA player with the profile of a Justin Lewis is going to be.

You should have an idea.  You post on scoop and that makes us all experts
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2022, 11:35:12 AM »

I’ll give him sound advice and tell him he has a long way to go before even thinking about the next level. People on here have been talking about this being his swan song at MU for months and I do not see it.

Some anonymous interwebs guy on Scoop doesn't have to "see it" for Lewis to decide to leave. I mean ... did you "see it" for Carton or Blue? Guys don't have to be "ready" to leave, a fact that seems to have evaded some here (not saying you).

Selfishly, as a fan who wants Lewis to continue playing for Marquette rather than leaving so Shaka has yet another position that'll need an upgrade, I hope he stays.

But mostly, I just want him to do what he believes is best for his future, hopefully after getting sound advice from people who know more about his particular situation than Goose and MU82 do.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2022, 06:31:26 PM »
On Lewis…

Most of the mock drafts are not including European and international players yet.

Imo he is not a 2nd rounder…

There will be accomplished players with more skills and athleticism that will be chosen ahead of him.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2022, 09:33:05 PM »
Updating this. Kam Jones: Dude

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2022, 09:35:28 PM »
Some days, that is enough.    Some days it isn't.    But they are high character guys who fight.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.