[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: 11 Glue Guys  (Read 6442 times)

wadesworld

• All American
11 Glue Guys
« on: January 01, 2022, 11:23:22 AM »
Need some dudes.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GB Warrior

• All American
Re: 11 Glue Guys
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 11:41:43 AM »

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 12:02:34 PM »
Was just gonna post that before I saw this thread. This is a team of role players. The end.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 12:08:04 PM »
Y kant wee eva get sum honkies hoo kan play, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 12:12:46 PM »
Unfortunately the transfer portal will be key for next year

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 12:18:20 PM »
Unfortunately the transfer portal will be key for next year

The freshman that Shaka brought to program really don’t appear to be ready to contribute, to say the least.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2022, 12:19:59 PM »
I argued this 6 months ago and based my expectations on the fact that there was little experience and no proven scorers on this team. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2022, 12:30:31 PM »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2022, 12:40:18 PM »
Oso gonna be a dude at some point. Love his upside. But yeah.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2022, 12:48:53 PM »
Oso gonna be a dude at some point. Love his upside. But yeah.

Agreed. Him and Kolek have a great chemistry.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2022, 12:54:34 PM »
Agreed. Him and Kolek have a great chemistry.

I agree with this analysis. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2022, 01:08:57 PM »
Some days, that is enough.    Some days it isn't.    But they are high character guys who fight.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2022, 01:25:00 PM »
had the game in the 1st OT and they just choked. Its a long year but it would be nice to get some winning again.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2022, 01:57:43 PM »
Some days, that is enough.    Some days it isn't.    But they are high character guys who fight.

This is truth. Our effort and scrappiness got us some wins, in the end, talent will win if effort and scrappiness is equal. Will be nice to get a BE win, rip that band-aid off.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2022, 01:58:33 PM »
had the game in the 1st OT and they just choked. Its a long year but it would be nice to get some winning again.

My thoughts on the button.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2022, 02:03:38 PM »
I do not think they choked, just a stupid coaching decision.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2022, 02:09:09 PM »
I do not think they choked, just a stupid coaching decision.

Panicked? It was more than coaching, we took some very poorly thought out shots at the end.

I’m super stoked we fought back, I’m not super stoked we had to fight back.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2022, 02:29:48 PM »
Panicked? It was more than coaching, we took some very poorly thought out shots at the end.

But coaching had something to do with that, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2022, 04:29:15 PM »

They have to get off to a fast start and learn how to do it. They are horrible more times than not out of the gate, and it feeds off itself. They are going to learn how to it or have an uphill battle all year. This team is not made up of superstars but there is enough talent to win games. I have been saying for a month now that they cannot continue shoot this badly and have been proven wrong each game. I still believe the shooting improves, they got off to better starts and build off it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2022, 07:55:49 PM »
 Morsell I think could be a dude but is hurt.

I see three potential dudes in Lewis,  Oso, and Jones. They won't get there this season. Maybe Ellis too
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

panda

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2022, 07:57:48 PM »

I see three potential dudes in Lewis,  Oso, and Jones. They won't get there this season. Maybe Ellis too

Such a shame about Morsell. He made us so much better early on. He’s really struggling with lift on his jump shot. His shot selection isn’t doing him any favors though.

Viper

• All American
Moron? Maybe. Dork? Possibly. Lost? Definitely.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2022, 08:06:46 AM »
But coaching had something to do with that, too.

Oh, absolutely, I was making a point about the use of the word choke. This one disappoints me for a number of reasons, coaching is pretty close to the top, if not the top, of the list.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2022, 08:09:51 AM »

They have to get off to a fast start and learn how to do it. They are horrible more times than not out of the gate, and it feeds off itself. They are going to learn how to it or have an uphill battle all year. This team is not made up of superstars but there is enough talent to win games. I have been saying for a month now that they cannot continue shoot this badly and have been proven wrong each game. I still believe the shooting improves, they got off to better starts and build off it.

Truth. They have proven they can be very poor and claw their way back. They have yet to prove (yes, they’ve won some good games) they can consistently win the last two minutes. They will, but this one should have been ours, in my opinion.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2022, 08:26:43 AM »

The last two should have been ours and I am pissed we lost both of them. Not exactly sure why many on here are so upset, I would think our current record is better than many thought it would be after 14 games. I am upset because I thought we would be 1-2 games better in the win column.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2022, 08:28:34 AM »
But not the grammar, I hope.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2022, 08:50:35 AM »

The last two should have been ours and I am pissed we lost both of them. Not exactly sure why many on here are so upset, I would think our current record is better than many thought it would be after 14 games. I am upset because I thought we would be 1-2 games better in the win column.

I am neither upset nor surprised.   

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2022, 08:56:45 AM »

Agreed, the last two were ours to win. I’m disappointed, because I think while we are not as good as Creighton we absolutely must win that game at home. I know, I know, it’s not a must win, but a win in a game like this one, I think, pushes us past the tipping point. We should have won that game even with a struggling, injured, defense first PG/2G and missing a young man in Kam that I think is the key.

It’s like my 15-year-old who finished up his finals. He is a smart kid, works incredibly hard, gets good grades, and always underperforms on his finals. This semester, I thought man he’s planning well, using his time, he’s busy with bball and soccer, and he’s gonna get over that hump. Well, not so much, better, but not as good as he had hoped or expected. So, while it wasn’t a must that he ace his Spanish final to get an A, he would have felt great and the hard work would have had some tangible momentum building results. I would have felt good for him. Now, we continue with the you’re doing a really good job, keep working, maybe we work a little differently, but the results will come. It would be nice to get that little bit of joy from what could have been a well earned win.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2022, 09:18:43 AM »

Yesterday bothered me more than UConn, but what's troubling is there were pretty glaring coaching decisions that hurt their chances. Obviously the decision not to foul was bad. But in the UConn game he pulls OMax with 3 minutes left, and just like that Martin goes on a 6-0 run himself and the game's over.

I want to believe in what Shaka is doing, but he's shown a bit of rigidness in his endgame coaching that makes me a little nervous.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2022, 10:43:37 AM »

For a top 25 team, Morsell would be a 4th option on offense and defensive stopper.

Lewis could be a stud, but the big question is how long does he stick around.

Jones flashes, but needs to become more consistent.

Oso is progressing nicely, but he's been a low usage player thus far.  He projects as a future starter, but still a long way to go to become a star.

Ellis has a huge upside, but he could just as easily be another Boo Christian.

Overall, I see a lot more questions than answers as this roster moves forward.   Best to add a couple studs.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2022, 12:46:48 PM »

Had UConn and Creighton lost those games, UCScoop and CUScoop would have blown up because they lost games that "should have been ours." But that's OK ... that's what we fans do. We want to win 'em all, especially the ones that seemed to have been so damn winnable like yesterday's.

In our past conversations, Goose, I told you that I loved your optimism. One thing that made you optimistic is that you were convinced that Shaka would personally steal a few wins for us with his coaching. Maybe he already has stolen a couple ... and now maybe he has given a couple away. Neither of those things happening should surprise any of us.

Given what we knew we had going into this season, I still think Shaka's guys have overachieved, and I look for better times ahead. As he said repeatedly, it's not instant gratification, it's a drip-by-drip process.

We Are Marquette!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2022, 01:44:47 PM »

CU and UConn fans would have had every right to blow up their boards if they had lost to MU. Both are better teams than MU at the moment. My take along has been the better team does not always win. Shaka had in position in the first three BE games and they could not deliver. IMO all three were missed opportunities. I am very disappointed in the outcome of the last two games because I feel those are wins that you can build upon. Bottomline, missed opportunities.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2022, 01:46:51 PM »
Goose-fraba

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2022, 01:50:12 PM »
For a top 25 team, Morsell would be a 4th option on offense and defensive stopper.

Lewis could be a stud, but the big question is how long does he stick around.

Jones flashes, but needs to become more consistent.

Oso is progressing nicely, but he's been a low usage player thus far.  He projects as a future starter, but still a long way to go to become a star.

Ellis has a huge upside, but he could just as easily be another Boo Christian.

Overall, I see a lot more questions than answers as this roster moves forward.   Best to add a couple studs.

Lewis was courtside for the Bucks game last night. If he continues producing like he did vs. Creighton, that's about as close as he gets to sniffin' da Association, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2022, 01:54:04 PM »
4ever

I think Lewis is a very nice player, yet light years away from making a paycheck playing basketball. Just a feeling but I think someone has gotten into his head and his him convinced he is ready for the next level. On a sidebar, if I was that person, I would be telling him to improve the body language as much as his shooting and dribbling.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2022, 02:08:29 PM »
Justin's response after the game yesterday was a lot more mature than many of the posts on message boards.

Justin Lewis
@jusbuckets_5
Gotta be better!
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2022, 02:29:08 PM »
4ever

I think Lewis is a very nice player, yet light years away from making a paycheck playing basketball. Just a feeling but I think someone has gotten into his head and his him convinced he is ready for the next level. On a sidebar, if I was that person, I would be telling him to improve the body language as much as his shooting and dribbling.

His body language yesterday was pathetic, even Elliott seemed to try and get him going.  His game at this point is miles away from the NBA, can he play small forward, no, you have to shoot from distance and I sure do not see it yet!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2022, 02:51:10 PM »

Lewis was courtside for the Bucks game last night. If he continues producing like he did vs. Creighton, that's about as close as he gets to sniffin' da Association, aina?
Budenholzer certainly knew who he was sitting there and he went right up to him and said something to J Lew.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2022, 03:01:32 PM »
Justin's response after the game yesterday was a lot more mature than many of the posts on message boards.

Justin Lewis
@jusbuckets_5
Gotta be better!

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2022, 03:42:19 PM »
Goose and BC are correct

Lewis ‘ body language was terrible.  Frowning... low energy... dropping his shoulders , seemed disinterested

I agree , that he thinks he’s going
Pro and needs to shoot threes.  He’s
Not a good shooter, so ... uhh... that’s a problem

MU82

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2022, 09:18:17 PM »
Lewis did pout a little yesterday, and that's not good. However ... it passed pretty quickly and, even though he wasn't making shots, he competed very hard over the last 10+ minutes of regulation and the two OTs. He battled on D, did a good job on the boards, and even was willing to take (if not able to hit) the potential game-winner at the end of regulation. I like to think he'll learn from the experience and use it to improve.

Of course he's not "ready" for the NBA, and he almost surely won't be "ready" for the NBA at the end of this season. All that matters, of course, is if he is ready to try and/or if he is convinced the NBA is ready for him. As we have seen countless times, a player's readiness for the NBA often has nothing to do with a player's decision.

Regardless of what Justin ultimately decides to do, I hope his decision will have been made after he has gotten honest advice from truly knowledgeable people.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2022, 04:57:40 AM »

I’ll give him sound advice and tell him he has a long way to go before even thinking about the next level. People on here have been talking about this being his swan song at MU for months and I do not see it.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2022, 07:14:25 AM »
4ever

Pretty much every mock draft has him as a second round pick, and his early stats were solid enough to warrant it. I think teams have been figuring him out and his efficiency has plummeted in the last month or so. I don't think he's there now, but unless you're paying close attention to this team, people probably don't see that.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2022, 07:28:41 AM »
Brew

NBA guys know their stuff at a high level. I just do not see where he fits in at the next level at this point of his career. That said, I love guys chasing money and if that is his goal for this year, I hope he knocks out of the park.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2022, 07:39:51 AM »
Right now, Lewis can't shoot well enough, isn't strong enough, and isn't quick enough for the Association. Other than that, he's golden, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2022, 07:46:24 AM »

Is that considered a "gift"? Didn't Juan have to sit out a few games for going to a baseball game? Just asking, perhaps the rules have changed.

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2022, 08:22:30 AM »
4 ever -

I agree. Not big / strong enough.  Not quick enough.  Can’t shoot a college three point shot.  I hope he gets good advice and I hope he listens. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2022, 09:18:38 AM »
He's 6'7" with the wingspan of a 7 footer. NBA execs don't give a chit if he's not strong enough/fast enough/shoots well enough now. With a second round pick you are betting that you can make a guy with Justin's body strong enough/fast enough and turn him into a good enough shooter with time.

Not saying he's a lock to go, just saying that most of the arguments I've heard against Justin going no matta
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2022, 09:34:36 AM »
Brew

NBA guys know their stuff at a high level, and prognosticators who know what the NBA guys look for regularly have him going in the second round. I just do not see where he fits in at the next level at this point of his career, and I'm not an NBA guy. That said, I love guys chasing money and if that is his goal for this year, I hope he knocks out of the park.

Added a bit of detail. FWIW, Goose, I don't disagree with your assessment (though I do think he could make money somewhere next year). But, I'm not an NBA guy and I don't know what motivates Justin, or what he is look for in his medium- to long-term basketball future.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2022, 09:37:06 AM »
Pretty much every mock draft has him as a second round pick, and his early stats were solid enough to warrant it. I think teams have been figuring him out and his efficiency has plummeted in the last month or so. I don't think he's there now, but unless you're paying close attention to this team, people probably don't see that.
Which mocks have him as a 2nd rounder?

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2022, 09:47:00 AM »
Juan Toscano-Anderson is getting regular minutes for the Warriors.  I never thought he would sniff the Association in a million years, but he has nearly ten times more NBA minutes than the rest of the 2012-13 Elite 8 roster combined.

So what does that tell me?  First, that motivation and improvement mean A LOT when it comes to marginal NBA talents becoming NBA regulars - and even then being in the right place at the right time is important.  Second, that I have no idea how to judge how successful a NBA player with the profile of a Justin Lewis is going to be. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2022, 10:06:50 AM »
Juan Toscano-Anderson is getting regular minutes for the Warriors.  I never thought he would sniff the Association in a million years, but he has nearly ten times more NBA minutes than the rest of the 2012-13 Elite 8 roster combined.

So what does that tell me?  First, that motivation and improvement mean A LOT when it comes to marginal NBA talents becoming NBA regulars - and even then being in the right place at the right time is important.  Second, that I have no idea how to judge how successful a NBA player with the profile of a Justin Lewis is going to be.

You should have an idea.  You post on scoop and that makes us all experts
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2022, 11:35:12 AM »

I’ll give him sound advice and tell him he has a long way to go before even thinking about the next level. People on here have been talking about this being his swan song at MU for months and I do not see it.

Some anonymous interwebs guy on Scoop doesn't have to "see it" for Lewis to decide to leave. I mean ... did you "see it" for Carton or Blue? Guys don't have to be "ready" to leave, a fact that seems to have evaded some here (not saying you).

Selfishly, as a fan who wants Lewis to continue playing for Marquette rather than leaving so Shaka has yet another position that'll need an upgrade, I hope he stays.

But mostly, I just want him to do what he believes is best for his future, hopefully after getting sound advice from people who know more about his particular situation than Goose and MU82 do.

Boston Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2022, 06:31:26 PM »
On Lewis…

Most of the mock drafts are not including European and international players yet.

Imo he is not a 2nd rounder…

There will be accomplished players with more skills and athleticism that will be chosen ahead of him.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2022, 09:33:05 PM »
Updating this. Kam Jones: Dude

tower912

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2022, 09:35:28 PM »

feedback