[Today at 09:43:49 PM]

Kolek's Shot by MU82
[Today at 09:38:52 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 12/14/2020 by Viper
[Today at 08:52:11 PM]

Memorabilia by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 07:34:58 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Boulder County fire  (Read 240 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Boulder County fire
« on: December 31, 2021, 12:01:41 PM »
Yesterday was a crazy day.  I know one friend that lost his house, one more that *thinks* his is ok (doorbell camera is still on, no smoldering...), and my sister is still waiting to hear about hers (all 3 in Louisville).

I know we have several scoopers in the area, if any are affected, feel free to reach out to me. 
“Normal is an illusion. What's normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”  -Morticia Addams

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Boulder County fire
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 12:34:55 PM »
Over 50% of the Western US land area is classified as experiencing extreme or exceptional drought. It really starts to take a toll. If it continues through the winter, it will be devastating to agriculture next year.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 12:50:14 PM »
Over 50% of the Western US land area is classified as experiencing extreme or exceptional drought. It really starts to take a toll. If it continues through the winter, it will be devastating to agriculture next year.

Yeah, the exact same burn area will get 4-7" of snow and single digit temperatures tonight, in a cruel twist of nature.
“Normal is an illusion. What's normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”  -Morticia Addams

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 12:53:04 PM »
Heart breaking.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 06:54:45 AM »
I work at Ball right there in Broomfield and we could smell smoke around 1pm, evacuated later on. Crazy how fast that happened, such a nice suburban area too. Makes me a lil more anxious about our house now