[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by lawdog77
[Today at 07:14:12 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by Tyler COLEk
[Today at 07:03:51 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Testing in your area  (Read 5734 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Testing in your area
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2021, 05:24:42 PM »
I don’t disagree but a vaccination only campaign to end the pandemic was clearly not going to happen. We all knew that even before delta breakthroughs (btw because a not small segment of the country is acting irrationally) .  That was when we doubled down with pandemic of the unvaccinated and vaccine mandates which didn’t achieve the desired result. 

IMO starting a plan B in June would have been prudent once it was clear we were lagging the world in vaccinations.  We knew this day was coming—it was just a question of when.

Its not like this variant is evading our antigen tests. We just never did the work to force the issue of these things being available AND at a reasonable price.

There isn’t an excuse and there is an almost 100% chance the administration was made aware of this possibility.

They may tell you these things come as a surprise, but the Bush-era pandemic response plan that was scrapped would have prepared the previous administration and the current one with a much better plan of attack than the haphazard ones we’ve seen.

When the autopsy is done on our national response, it’ll be an ugly report.  It’ll also be forgotten sooner than later and future generations will make the same mistakes.  It’s the American way
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2021, 05:30:59 PM »
Its not like this variant is evading our antigen tests. We just never did the work to force the issue of these things being available AND at a reasonable price.

That's all good and well, but assumes plentiful cheap antigen tests would slow the spread of Omi.  I don't see any good data that shows lack of testing is the reason this is a problem.  Instead, as topper mentioned, a new highly transmissible variant showed up just before the US holidays after nearly 2 years of covid exhaustion.  This is, and was, the perfect storm.

Now, do I wish tests were plentiful and easy - sure (even though I haven't done a test since before a surgery in June).  But I also don't think more tests would be slowing Omi.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2021, 05:36:13 PM »
I’ve got a response to your comment rocky but I don’t want to turn this into another ‘scoop thread’.

All I’ll say is ever since the movie Perfect Storm, there has been at least a dozen of them that pop up every year. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2021, 05:45:14 PM »
All I’ll say is ever since the movie Perfect Storm, there has been at least a dozen of them that pop up every year.

Hah, fair.  I'll remove that from my scoopcabulary.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2021, 06:25:25 PM »
Yep, defeating Covid, solving the border crisis, exiting Afghanistan, dealing with China and Russia, inflation, violent crime (especially in our cities), etc., etc., etc., have all made being president a “tough business to be in”. So far, so bad.

It's no job for the dumb, feeble, and mentally incompetent, aina?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 06:27:09 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2021, 06:32:15 PM »

That's why he was voted out of office, nu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftpc4fwcDfk
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2021, 06:47:32 PM »
Yep, defeating Covid, solving the border crisis, exiting Afghanistan, dealing with China and Russia, inflation, violent crime (especially in our cities), etc., etc., etc., have all made being president a “tough business to be in”. So far, so bad.

Funny, I don't recall you ever criticizing our previous president on his record. 

Hmmmmmmmm......

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2021, 06:48:47 PM »

The "Greatest President of our time" (according to you) was all three as well.

Here's a thought.  Let's stop electing septuagenarians, aina?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2021, 06:50:28 PM »
Lenny

I seldom pipe in on political topics, but you listed a pretty solid list of issues that the President is in over his head on. Joe and his VP are not providing a ton of confidence or leadership, aside from there will be new folks on those positions in three years.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2021, 06:56:44 PM »
Lenny

I seldom pipe in on political topics, but you listed a pretty solid list of issues that the President is in over his head on. Joe and his VP are not providing a ton of confidence or leadership, aside from there will be new folks on those positions in three years.

It's okay to say our previous two executives have been incompetent.

but it's hard for you.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2021, 07:05:19 PM »
Lenny

All true, but FD Joe will chit the bed and pee down his leg, both figuratively and literally, often between now and then, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2021, 07:13:10 PM »
I’m before the lock
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2021, 07:18:06 PM »

All true, but FD Joe will chit the bed and pee down his leg, both figuratively and literally, often between now and then, hey?

Your hero wears adult diapers.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2021, 07:20:49 PM »
Speaking of septuagenarians (when in office), Harry Reid died today, and before he could tell us all about the aliens.

feedback