[Today at 06:55:33 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2023 Team Outlook  (Read 177959 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 2023 Team Outlook
« Reply #1550 on: March 24, 2023, 11:08:35 AM »
O-Max would be difficult but not impossible to replace via the portal. Same with Kam.

Oso would be extremely difficult to replace unless we changed our offense quite a bit because there probably isn't another 6-9 player in the country with his skill set, let alone one who would be available in the portal.

Hopefully, none of them will have to be replaced.

I tend to agree with those who don't think Shaka will be taken by surprise because he already has a very good idea who, if anyone, is leaving.

I’ve heard from reliable sources Cam is on the first thing smoking out of Milwaukee
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #1551 on: March 24, 2023, 11:10:17 AM »
I’ve heard from reliable sources Cam is on the first thing smoking out of Milwaukee

But not Kam?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 11:24:00 AM by GoldenEagles03 »
VIOLENCE!

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1552 on: March 24, 2023, 11:12:16 AM »
I believe the coaching staff is expecting everybody back next year based on a brief conversation I had with someone who would be very in the know.  Speculating on all of the following:  My guess is that either one of the incoming recruits goes to prep school, or we see Keeyan transfer out, though I wonder if Ellis will be the same player after his knee injury.  Watching him in pre-game warmups he didn't have much explosion on his dunk attempts.  Like barely was able to dunk going off of two-feet which I thought was pretty surprising.

I know Shaka loves him and he is highly regarded in the MU community - just wonder if there might be an Ike Eke type of situation there.

Has anyone whispered in Marquette1977’s ear? I won’t believe anything until that.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #1553 on: March 24, 2023, 11:14:59 AM »
https://twitter.com/Aries_Sherrie/status/1639299416254291971?t=djOGFF8_4DSWW0zytdQkAA&s=19

From Sean Jones mother just now on Twitter.

Sean going into surgery for a ruptured tendon.
VIOLENCE!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1554 on: March 24, 2023, 11:20:29 AM »
https://twitter.com/Aries_Sherrie/status/1639299416254291971?t=djOGFF8_4DSWW0zytdQkAA&s=19

From Sean Jones mother just now on Twitter.

Sean going into surgery for a ruptured tendon.

Had to have been his injury earlier, and he played through that for the last third of the season.

Tough kid.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 11:22:25 AM by ChitownSpaceForRent »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1555 on: March 24, 2023, 11:27:13 AM »
Had to have been his injury earlier, and he played through that for the last third of the season.

Tough kid.

And Scoopers were wondering why his shot was flat...

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1556 on: March 24, 2023, 11:34:38 AM »
Yikes, that's a bummer.  Hope his recovery is quick and he can develop his game this offseason.

I hope what Ners is hearing is right.  I hope this team runs it back and feels like it has some unfinished business.  I hope Jop and Oso take the briefcase to work early and often this offseason, as well as other guys on the team.

I'd love to see Oso develop a constant attack mode mindset.  Hit the weight room and dominate in the paint.  He's obviously not the Giannis of college basketball, but he's guarded as though he's Giannis.  If his defender is laying off of him to close passing lanes, put the ball on the deck and make a poster.  Would love to see him get called for charges regularly, it'd mean he's being aggressive.

Hope guys like OMax and Sean Jones keep their dribble going into the lane, and develop a secondary move off of the straight line drive.

Also hope Stevie and OMax shoot thousands of catch and shoot 3 pointers and become consistent threats, just off of catch and shoot.  They'll get their opportunities.  If they can knock those down it takes the team to another level.

I hope everyone gets into the weight room hard this offseason.  That's what stands out to me the most in watching the teams still playing.  A lot of our guys look like college athletes.  A lot of guys still playing look like grown men.  I thought we got some decent attempts at the rim against MSU, but weren't physical enough to finish through contact.

I'd like to see the offense develop a few more set plays to get guys like Joplin open looks when the offense bogs down.

Brutal way to end the season, but overall the season was the most enjoyable season in my adult life.  I think there's decent room for growth.  Excited to see how these kids come back next season.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #1557 on: March 24, 2023, 11:36:03 AM »
With Oso gone, who do you think Shaka will recruit in the portal?  I hope it’s a banger, preferably an aircraft carrier

Will you cheer for Oso at the next level or will you tell him not to let the door hit you on the way out?  I won’t cheer for him but I can’t speak for anyone else. 

Was Oso even much of a contributor anyway?  No.  He took minutes from Gold, IMO.  His head was often in his rectal region

Hopefully Shaka is analyzing the talent pool in Madison to fill any voids.  👀

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1558 on: March 24, 2023, 11:44:56 AM »
Hopefully Shaka is analyzing the talent pool in Madison to fill any voids.  👀

I’d love to have Carter Gilmore.  He’s exactly what we need, a bonking big

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1559 on: March 24, 2023, 11:51:13 AM »
I’d love to have Carter Gilmore.  He’s exactly what we need, a bonking big

I thought we needed a banging big.  Even two banging bigs. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #1560 on: March 24, 2023, 12:04:01 PM »
Yikes, that's a bummer.  Hope his recovery is quick and he can develop his game this offseason.

I hope what Ners is hearing is right.  I hope this team runs it back and feels like it has some unfinished business.  I hope Jop and Oso take the briefcase to work early and often this offseason, as well as other guys on the team.

I'd love to see Oso develop a constant attack mode mindset.  Hit the weight room and dominate in the paint.  He's obviously not the Giannis of college basketball, but he's guarded as though he's Giannis.  If his defender is laying off of him to close passing lanes, put the ball on the deck and make a poster.  Would love to see him get called for charges regularly, it'd mean he's being aggressive.

Hope guys like OMax and Sean Jones keep their dribble going into the lane, and develop a secondary move off of the straight line drive.

Also hope Stevie and OMax shoot thousands of catch and shoot 3 pointers and become consistent threats, just off of catch and shoot.  They'll get their opportunities.  If they can knock those down it takes the team to another level.

I hope everyone gets into the weight room hard this offseason.  That's what stands out to me the most in watching the teams still playing.  A lot of our guys look like college athletes.  A lot of guys still playing look like grown men.  I thought we got some decent attempts at the rim against MSU, but weren't physical enough to finish through contact.

I'd like to see the offense develop a few more set plays to get guys like Joplin open looks when the offense bogs down.

Brutal way to end the season, but overall the season was the most enjoyable season in my adult life.  I think there's decent room for growth.  Excited to see how these kids come back next season.

I love this post Wades. You covered a wide range of topics and the only comment I disagree with is your hoping that Oso gets called for charging (even though it would be due to his aggressiveness). I remember the look on his face (as well as Kolek's and Joplin's) sitting on the bench near the end of the UCONN BET game. I thought we were screwed and UCONN would build just enough of a lead to win while they sat, but so glad I was proven wrong. But again- loved what you wrote.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1561 on: March 24, 2023, 12:10:18 PM »
I thought we needed a banging big.  Even two banging bigs.

That’s right.  Scratch him off the list

onepost

• All American
« Reply #1562 on: March 24, 2023, 12:27:20 PM »
There’s a reason I don’t post on this board anymore, but did we all just forget Oso’s own words from *checks notes* 5 days ago?

https://twitter.com/muwiresports/status/1637621104339566593?s=46&t=x7EI4kEGy_wK6z3tI_7ZgA

A teammate posts one emoji and suddenly we’ve lost 2 starters? Trolling, genuine chicken little’ing, doesn’t matter. This board is the worst far too often.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #1563 on: March 24, 2023, 12:36:04 PM »
There’s a reason I don’t post on this board anymore, but did we all just forget Oso’s own words from *checks notes* 5 days ago?

https://twitter.com/muwiresports/status/1637621104339566593?s=46&t=x7EI4kEGy_wK6z3tI_7ZgA

A teammate posts one emoji and suddenly we’ve lost 2 starters? Trolling, genuine chicken little’ing, doesn’t matter. This board is the worst far too often.
Agreed. Also, keep posting to balance things out
No Finish Line

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1564 on: March 24, 2023, 01:03:27 PM »
wades

Great post. We all are hoping for the same thing.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1565 on: March 24, 2023, 01:51:23 PM »

You do realize a lot of those posts are teal?

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1566 on: March 24, 2023, 01:52:37 PM »
What’s the consensus on Ben Gold? Does everyone feel he’ll return next season and have an expanded role? I heard he was quite homesick this season. Might he decide to return home?

onepost

• All American
« Reply #1567 on: March 24, 2023, 01:56:33 PM »
You do realize a lot of those posts are teal?

Since the “Oso posted on IG and Jop commented a money bag on it!!!” (which is wrong) post, not one comment has been in teal. Uncle Rico is obviously trolling, which I touch on in what I said.

FartyEightHours

• Starter
« Reply #1568 on: March 24, 2023, 01:57:58 PM »
What’s the consensus on Ben Gold? Does everyone feel he’ll return next season and have an expanded role? I heard he was quite homesick this season. Might he decide to return home?

One guy said he’ll be an All American next year.   So there’s that.
My adjectives are wise, brilliant, and sexy

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1569 on: March 24, 2023, 02:09:38 PM »
Since the “Oso posted on IG and Jop commented a money bag on it!!!” (which is wrong) post, not one comment has been in teal. Uncle Rico is obviously trolling, which I touch on in what I said.

They weren't teal, but a lot of them were teal. If you know what I'm saying.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1570 on: March 24, 2023, 03:14:57 PM »
One guy said he’ll be an All American next year.   So there’s that.

He will be

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #1571 on: March 24, 2023, 04:43:54 PM »
Major #update in mubb instagram content. Most of the team followed up Oso and posted pics of the season on their stories. A lot of a pic of Michael Kennedy holding the Big East trophy, the Oso confetti shot, and different Zach Wrightsil ones.

My #analysis is that the team all got together as a group for the first time after the loss to have some emotional conversations and celebrate their accomplishments one last time. And now they’re gearing up to start the offseason work needed to handle some unfinished business next year. 💼 🔜

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #1572 on: March 24, 2023, 05:48:54 PM »
He trolls because he is one.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1573 on: March 24, 2023, 06:14:28 PM »

Sent you a PM.  Good points here.  Agree.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1574 on: March 24, 2023, 06:46:12 PM »
There’s a reason I don’t post on this board anymore

He said, in a post on this board.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson