Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: One Month In: Updated Player Thoughts  (Read 5841 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: One Month In: Updated Player Thoughts
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2021, 10:36:43 PM »
Apologies. I will try to be cognizant of using that term going forward.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2021, 10:42:51 PM »
My player thoughts: we need a significant upgrade in talent. The only players that are Big East starting caliber are Lewis and Morsell. And Morsell is more of a glue guy starter, Lewis more of a guy still being molded into the alpha roll.

Maybe the freshman class improves more than I think we’ll need to be real BE contenders, but there isn’t enough talent on the roster as it stands.

Agree with this. You don't need to fill the squad with five star talent, but you need some.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2021, 10:43:39 PM »
There's talent. The talent is inexperienced. That will get better but won't be fixed this year.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2021, 10:45:02 PM »
There's talent. The talent is inexperienced. That will get better but won't be fixed this year.

Meh. A lot of high 3, low 4 star talent. Those guys can be nice 4th pieces as upper class men. We need some true studs. I don’t see anybody being that even in 2 years.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 10:57:43 PM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2021, 10:45:08 PM »
Don’t like the name you and people use for him, especially after losing relatives to the disease.  Been asked before, but no one cares. 

It's a "funny" scoop meme, but sorry for your loss.

I'd be surprised if there are many scoopers whose lives haven't been affected by cancer in some way shape or form.  It's a terrible disease (of many affronts) and affects way too many.   

nyg

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2021, 10:52:37 PM »
It's a "funny" scoop meme, but sorry for your loss.

I'd be surprised if there are many scoopers whose lives haven't been affected by cancer in some way shape or form.  It's a terrible disease (of many affronts) and affects way too many.

For two years others have asked to stop using the term for him, but they didn't stop.  Figured I'd give it a try this time. 
Time to move on.   Not funny.  Thanks to all. 

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2021, 10:56:04 PM »
Meh. A lot of high 3, low 4 level talent. Those guys can be nice 4th pieces as upper class men. We need some true studs. I don’t see anybody being that even in 2 years.

Agree with this. We have a lot of nice pieces, and I like the game plan. But we need 1-2 horses to push us forward. It's a balancing act, and I like a lot of what we have. But we need 1-2 legit scorers.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2021, 10:59:29 PM »
Agree with this. We have a lot of nice pieces, and I like the game plan. But we need 1-2 horses to push us forward. It's a balancing act, and I like a lot of what we have. But we need 1-2 legit scorers.

And we'll recruit or develop them. 

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2021, 11:41:46 PM »
Meh. A lot of high 3, low 4 star talent. Those guys can be nice 4th pieces as upper class men. We need some true studs. I don’t see anybody being that even in 2 years.

Right now they maybe worse next year, for sure if Lewis wants to play in GLeague.  Kurth is really good on D and he is gone next year.  Need a rebounding big, I expect they all will shoot the ball better next year, but to many missing pieces for next year.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2021, 07:11:30 AM »
BC

Predicting next season in college basketball has become almost impossible. I think we will have another 2-4 guys from the transfer portal and they fill the needs. College basketball went from the one and done era to the free agency era overnight.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2021, 07:18:11 AM »
We need to recruit "dominant" strong players who can shoot not little kids with talent.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2021, 05:46:29 AM »
We need to recruit "dominant" strong players who can shoot not little kids with talent.

Sounds easy enough. I wonder why we haven’t done that the last nine years.

feedback