[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by PJDunn
[Today at 07:36:37 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: RIP Bob Dole  (Read 1015 times)

tower912

• All American
RIP Bob Dole
« on: December 05, 2021, 11:40:01 AM »
Another icon that I would never have voted for but that I have nothing but the highest respect for.    Thank you for your service to this country.     In so many ways.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: RIP Bob Dole
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 11:48:52 AM »
Another icon that I would never have voted for but that I have nothing but the highest respect for.    Thank you for your service to this country.     In so many ways.   

A man of principle - even if they were different from mine.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 11:53:11 AM »
A man of principle - even if they were different from mine.

Aforementioned principles, regarding Trump in 2016: "What's a lifelong Republican supposed to do, support the opponent? I don't think so."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 12:17:54 PM »
Aforementioned principles, regarding Trump in 2016: "What's a lifelong Republican supposed to do, support the opponent? I don't think so."

Dole continued to support Trump in 2020, and he also defended Nixon strongly during the Watergate scandal. But at least he wasn't one of hundreds of Republican "leaders" who claim the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.

This past July, Dole told USA Today: "I'm a Trumper; I'm sort of Trumped out, though. He lost the election, and I regret that he did, but they did. He had Rudy Giuliani running all over the country, claiming fraud. He never had one bit of fraud in all those lawsuits he filed and statements he made."

As a politician, Dole tended to choose party over country. He wasn't unique in that regard.

He served his country valiantly, and he lived a full life. RIP.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson