Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Hampshire & Player Thoughts  (Read 1350 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
New Hampshire & Player Thoughts
« on: November 11, 2021, 11:35:17 PM »
Flying into Milwaukee tomorrow for the game. Hoping the weather doesn’t mess things up. Tight timeline. Then, off to Charleston next week for all three games.

Huge game vs. New Hampshire. Weird pace and a number of older guys on their team scares me. 1-1 with Illinois and the Charleston Classic coming up would not be a fun position to be in.

I’m not sure how we can exceed my expectations and make it to the NCAA tourney, but I’ll hold out hope. Random thoughts on players… but first… I love attempting open threes. I just don’t think we can be a great three-point shooting team. However, if we’re decent to flirting with good…  34.x%-36%.. great.

Morsell – Love him on the team.. and the d (no new Hampshire). I think he can be a decent offensive guy… output will be high, but from an efficiency standpoint.. hope it can turn out nice.. 108-110… but, there’s a chance he forces a lot and we’re talking 99-102, which I don’t love. If he catches fire offensively, great.. just don’t want to tooooo much forcing.. then again, who else provides offense?

Kam Jones – Will gun.. really like the prospects for the future, but year 1… I see volatility city. He may put up 24 and we’ll have people saying he needs to be the focus of our offense every night.. then the next game he’ll go 3-14 and people will complain he shoots too much. A really good season from him boosts our outlook, but tough to count on a lot of consistency.

Justin – Has to lead with Morsell… I’m worried about the ORtg… how high is reasonable to expect/want? I don’t think it’s high. Hope he surprises. Really like Justin… feel like he’s a year away from a real breakout potential year… but hopefully my comment today looks like nonsense in a few weeks and certainly in March 2022

Kur – Didn’t play a lot in game 1. I really like him. Offensively I think he’ll have some days where he puts up 14 and we want more. The next night, 4 and fairly invisible. The shot blocking is lovely. Would like to see his rebounding %’s higher this year than in the past.

Omax – I see the tools and skillset. Will have some nice highlight clips, Not quite ready though. Hope he provides solid minutes. Upside in the future; not banking on it for this year.

Kolek – Way better than I was thinking, but the worry is how will he perform vs. high majors? Love what I’ve seen passing, grit, etc. Don’t see him as a great shooter, but good. Important piece

Ellis – May have a few highlights this year, but probably just a year to log minutes when he can and progress. Future is intriguing, but can’t count on much this season.

Greg – Between injuries and now suspensions.. hope he can get on the floor regularly and do work. Have always loved his spirit, and he’s been an efficient guy. Could usage get up to 18% with an ORtg of 110+? Sure. That would help a lot

Joplin – Give us some minutes, knock down some shots, progress

Oso – Like game 1, but just hoping for continued progression and solid minutes off the bench.

Stevie – Biggest variable for me. Poise and well rounded skillset are great. Can he step up and become a huge piece of the rotation? Yep. Will he? Dunno, but I think his upside this season is more recognizable than any others. May need to take on bigger offensive role than he ‘wants to’ as a frosh. Thought he turned down a good shot or two in game 1. He’s very good and capable of making a Marq this season. Could help push us to be better than expected.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 07:57:05 AM by mu_hilltopper »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: New Hampshire & Player Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 08:31:21 AM »
Flying into Milwaukee tomorrow for the game. Hoping the weather doesn’t mess things up. Tight timeline. Then, off to Charleston next week for all three games.

Huge game vs. New Hampshire. Weird pace and a number of older guys on their team scares me. 1-1 with Illinois and the Charleston Classic coming up would not be a fun position to be in.

I’m not sure how we can exceed my expectations and make it to the NCAA tourney, but I’ll hold out hope. Random thoughts on players… but first… I love attempting open threes. I just don’t think we can be a great three-point shooting team. However, if we’re decent to flirting with good…  34.x%-36%.. great.

Morsell – Love him on the team.. and the d (no new Hampshire). I think he can be a decent offensive guy… output will be high, but from an efficiency standpoint.. hope it can turn out nice.. 108-110… but, there’s a chance he forces a lot and we’re talking 99-102, which I don’t love. If he catches fire offensively, great.. just don’t want to tooooo much forcing.. then again, who else provides offense?

Kam Jones – Will gun.. really like the prospects for the future, but year 1… I see volatility city. He may put up 24 and we’ll have people saying he needs to be the focus of our offense every night.. then the next game he’ll go 3-14 and people will complain he shoots too much. A really good season from him boosts our outlook, but tough to count on a lot of consistency.

Justin – Has to lead with Morsell… I’m worried about the ORtg… how high is reasonable to expect/want? I don’t think it’s high. Hope he surprises. Really like Justin… feel like he’s a year away from a real breakout potential year… but hopefully my comment today looks like nonsense in a few weeks and certainly in March 2022

Kur – Didn’t play a lot in game 1. I really like him. Offensively I think he’ll have some days where he puts up 14 and we want more. The next night, 4 and fairly invisible. The shot blocking is lovely. Would like to see his rebounding %’s higher this year than in the past.

Omax – I see the tools and skillset. Will have some nice highlight clips, Not quite ready though. Hope he provides solid minutes. Upside in the future; not banking on it for this year.

Kolek – Way better than I was thinking, but the worry is how will he perform vs. high majors? Love what I’ve seen passing, grit, etc. Don’t see him as a great shooter, but good. Important piece

Ellis – May have a few highlights this year, but probably just a year to log minutes when he can and progress. Future is intriguing, but can’t count on much this season.

Greg – Between injuries and now suspensions.. hope he can get on the floor regularly and do work. Have always loved his spirit, and he’s been an efficient guy. Could usage get up to 18% with an ORtg of 110+? Sure. That would help a lot

Joplin – Give us some minutes, knock down some shots, progress

Oso – Like game 1, but just hoping for continued progression and solid minutes off the bench.

Stevie – Biggest variable for me. Poise and well rounded skillset are great. Can he step up and become a huge piece of the rotation? Yep. Will he? Dunno, but I think his upside this season is more recognizable than any others. May need to take on bigger offensive role than he ‘wants to’ as a frosh. Thought he turned down a good shot or two in game 1. He’s very good and capable of making a Marq this season. Could help push us to be better than expected.
Thanks for the analysis
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 11:14:38 AM »
Extra supply truck being sent to Rickey’s today.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 11:23:39 AM »
Thanks Jay Bee. Always appreciate your analysis.  I agree with your assessments of the players and that this is a big game to win. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 11:29:47 AM »
Good stuff, Jay Bee.

Great call, real chili!!