[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rittenhouse Volume 2  (Read 22836 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Rittenhouse Volume 2
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2021, 11:44:21 AM »
One thing this case has legitimately taught me (most likely), is that I can be a whole lot more aggressive in self defense.  Prior to this, I would not have thought I could shoot someone (dead) chasing me and yelling, as long as I "feared for me life".

And I also know that statement is not admissible if I happen to do such a thing.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2021, 11:49:50 AM »
One thing this case has legitimately taught me (most likely), is that I can be a whole lot more aggressive in self defense.  Prior to this, I would not have thought I could shoot someone (dead) chasing me and yelling, as long as I "feared for me life".

In my apparent role of defender of the arby's fund, I would not advise you to do that. You are probably not going to become a cause celebre and raise unfathomable amounts of money from internet donations to fund your legal defense. The amount of money you will spend on vindicating your actions of self defense will keep some criminal defense firm in Arby's for a long time.

The reality of the situation is that even a legally justified shoot is likely to be the worst day of your life and likely will take a year and several hundred thousand dollars to defend.

I do not advise putting yourself in that position if you have any conceivable alternative.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2021, 11:50:11 AM »
I would not count on that. I have sat through many seminars about using people’s social media statements in trials.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2021, 11:51:00 AM »
When someone says when i get you alone and says I'm going to kill you and a gunshot goes off, sure.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2021, 11:53:11 AM »
Which is why, contrary to what another poster expressed, I think acquittal on all the serious charges will only embolden would-be vigilantes rather than make them think twice about the consequences.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2021, 12:01:49 PM »

You would, however, need a jury to believe your actions were reasonable under the circumstances, so please don't open fire on the next solicitor to knock on your front door.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2021, 12:02:47 PM »
I think I can count the number of times I've seen a civilian roaming the streets with an assault rifle out in the open in my life on a single finger.

But sure.

how many times have you been out during a riot?
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2021, 12:03:38 PM »
In my apparent role of defender of the arby's fund, I would not advise you to do that. You are probably not going to become a cause celebre and raise unfathomable amounts of money from internet donations to fund your legal defense. The amount of money you will spend on vindicating your actions of self defense will keep some criminal defense firm in Arby's for a long time.

The reality of the situation is that even a legally justified shoot is likely to be the worst day of your life and likely will take a year and several hundred thousand dollars to defend.

I do not advise putting yourself in that position if you have any conceivable alternative.

Right, if you're going to throw your money away and needlessly risk your life, just head to Arby's for lunch instead.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2021, 12:06:28 PM »
You would, however, need a jury to believe your actions were reasonable under the circumstances, so please don't open fire on the next solicitor to knock on your front door.

Good deal.  I'll wait for them to lunge towards me.  Would  pulling something out of a bag and extending their hand towards me be enough?

I think most here know - now I'm playing.  But I really didn't know that the actions that led to his first 4 shots could be considered self defense. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2021, 12:10:37 PM »

The Zimmerman case already should have taught you that
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2021, 12:16:15 PM »
Good deal.  I'll wait for them to lunge towards me.  Would  pulling something out of a bag and extending their hand towards me be enough?

If they're trying to hand you a religious pamphlet, I think you'd be justified in using deadly force.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #161 on: November 11, 2021, 01:45:31 PM »
how many times have you been out during a riot?

BLM's a bit smarter than to be out and about in a riot.

Bad things happen to bad people who put themselves in bad situations. Kyle's picking up the minor charges, we'll be imprisoned for a couple years. Hopefully everyone will forget him.

This is a big win for white guys everywhere in America. Things have been looking very bleak for us, but we can kill people under the self-defense claim.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2021, 01:54:14 PM »
jficke awesome analysis/posting, thanks for the clarity around some of this stuff.  Is it normal for a prosecutor to argue the idea that because a witness hires a lawyer it’s an admission of bias or guilt for some reason during cross? 

I’ve been reading some analysis that this prosecutor has been so fast and loose with some of his stuff the last couple days that he is trying to force a mistrial cause they know it’s not going well and want another swing at it in a few months.  Is that a legit strategy?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2021, 01:59:11 PM »
Honestly, I find it kind of remarkable that someone could be all over a thread sharing an opinion on this case -- repeatedly cite very specific facts in support of that opinion (i.e., Rittenhouse was chasing the first victim) -- and then find out that they were completely wrong on that one fact but continue holding that same opinion.* I'm not trying to pick on you, Forgetful, but I'm genuinely curious whether finding out that this fact was completely opposite of what you believed cause you to reconsider your position on guilt or innocence of the charged crimes? Even momentarily?

I'm not talking about whether you feel Rittenhouse was stupid, evil, immoral, amoral, etc. I'm talking about does the fact that he was being chased (and heard gunfire behind him) change anything in your thinking about whether this was self defense? Because I do think that that is an extremely relevant point.

*  I'm editing this post to acknowledge that I wasn't completely fair in how I phrased this. I can understand continuing to hold the same opinion if that opinion was based on a number of facts. Changing one fact does not necessarily require that someone change their opinion.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 02:44:47 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2021, 02:08:48 PM »
jficke awesome analysis/posting, thanks for the clarity around some of this stuff.  Is it normal for a prosecutor to argue the idea that because a witness hires a lawyer it’s an admission of bias or guilt for some reason during cross? 

This didn't happen

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2021, 02:37:59 PM »

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2021, 02:46:20 PM »
This didn't happen

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1458890557053448203

It did.  Defense objected, Binger said he was trying to prove bias and some other stuff. Judge had to go to a recess, sent jury out of the court room etc

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2021, 02:50:11 PM »
BLM's a bit smarter than to be out and about in a riot.

Bad things happen to bad people who put themselves in bad situations. Kyle's picking up the minor charges, we'll be imprisoned for a couple years. Hopefully everyone will forget him.

This is a big win for white guys everywhere in America. Things have been looking very bleak for us, but we can kill people under the self-defense claim.

Along with the minor charges, he’ll also likely be picking up millions in lawsuits from left wing politicians such as these ones:

https://twitter.com/ayannapressley/status/1298780540431224832?s=2

https://twitter.com/ilhanmn/status/1299014953530253315?s=21

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2021, 02:52:52 PM »

I’ve been reading some analysis that this prosecutor has been so fast and loose with some of his stuff the last couple days that he is trying to force a mistrial cause they know it’s not going well and want another swing at it in a few months.  Is that a legit strategy?

Incredibly unusual.

No.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #169 on: November 11, 2021, 02:56:56 PM »
Along with the minor charges, he’ll also likely be picking up millions in lawsuits from left wing politicians such as these ones:

https://twitter.com/ayannapressley/status/1298780540431224832?s=2

https://twitter.com/ilhanmn/status/1299014953530253315?s=21

Um, what?  Why would they sue him?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #170 on: November 11, 2021, 03:07:26 PM »

2. He forbid inclusion of a video of Rittenhouse saying he wished he had his AR so he could shoot people he thought were shoplifting from a CVS. Excluding this was egregious. It goes to state of mind prior to Kenosha and intent, the latter critical to some of the charges. It proves he wanted an AR15 to go shoot people he viewed as looters/shoplifters.

Id absolutely argue that something I said reactionary to a video one time has very little to do with anything I would do later on.

It would be like me going "wow Howard sucks after his 15 missed shot in a row" and then people going OMG YOU SAID HOWARD SUCKS DEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #171 on: November 11, 2021, 03:08:36 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1458890557053448203

It did.  Defense objected, Binger said he was trying to prove bias and some other stuff. Judge had to go to a recess, sent jury out of the court room etc

My apologies. I thought you referring to the cross of Rittenhouse.
Though Binger definitely didn't suggest it was an admission of guilt or bias.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #172 on: November 11, 2021, 03:11:00 PM »

Um, what?  Why would they sue him?

You misunderstood. Rittenhouse will be receiving millions of dollars in damages. Not sure why you weren’t able to infer that.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #173 on: November 11, 2021, 03:11:32 PM »
My apologies. I thought you referring to the cross of Rittenhouse.
Though Binger definitely didn't suggest it was an admission of guilt or bias.

Yes you’re right, he didn’t it use the word guilt.  But did say it shows bias and lack of credibility.  Either way Binger seems about as slimy as they come and hope there is an investigation into all of the stunts he’s pulled.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #174 on: November 11, 2021, 03:14:05 PM »
You misunderstood. Rittenhouse will be receiving millions of dollars in damages. Not sure why you weren’t able to infer that.

Ya KR will be a very rich man if he’s acquitted, some pretty terrible/completely false stuff has been said about him from the media and other very powerful figures.

feedback