Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Halloween hoops  (Read 7531 times)

zcg2013

• Team Captain
Re: Halloween hoops
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2021, 10:54:01 AM »
All of those teams are beatable.

Xavier is the cream of the crop this season IMO.

Nova may struggle this year (relative to their usual dominance).

UConn really struggled to score without Bouknight last year. They’re retiring the same team sans Bouknight. We’ll see.

SJU is going to be a fun team and I think they’ll be really tough. Champaigne is the best player in the conference IMO and Posh is so unique. Transfers should play a big role. Two quality A10 guys. Can they make the step up? If so, they’ll challenge Xavier at the top.

SHU is a top 3 team as well. Deep and super big inside. Kadary Richmond was vastly under utilized at Cuse last year. Along with returning talent, he can take this team to another level.

Sorry long winded answer, but I feel we can steal games from Nova and UConn for sure. SJU and SHU will be very tough and I don’t see us beating Xavier.

FWIW, Rothstein tweeted out that Freemantle is out indefinitely with a foot injury. There's a chance he's not playing our first game vs Xavier, which IMO betters our chances.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2021, 10:59:05 AM »
'Tis the time of the season for sunshine pumping.

However, MU is projected to lose every game in December. And a few in November. All the P6 games. Those teams will be sleeping on MU. Steal half of those and MU will be sitting pretty. Lose them, Scoop will be missing our transfers and ex-coach.

panda

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2021, 11:01:13 AM »

However, MU is projected to lose every game in December. And a few in November. All the P6 games. Those teams will be sleeping on MU. Steal half of those and MU will be sitting pretty. Lose them, Scoop will be missing our transfers and ex-coach.

Who would ever pine for Wojo?

panda

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2021, 11:03:46 AM »
FWIW, Rothstein tweeted out that Freemantle is out indefinitely with a foot injury. There's a chance he's not playing our first game vs Xavier, which IMO betters our chances.

I missed that thanks. That’s too bad for them. Nunge will be able to step in right away. He spelled Garza last year and played very well in a spot role. We’ll see if that translates to similar production with more minutes played.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2021, 11:06:53 AM »

It’s entirely likely we have our first thread started blaring Shaka by this time next month
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2021, 11:07:50 AM »
Who would ever pine for Wojo?

I liked how simple Wojo's offense was.

"Get Howard the ball, let him do whatever"
 and
"Get Ellenson the ball, let him do whatever"
and
"Get Carlino the ball, let him do whatever"

Really easy for me to analyze. "Man, X's shots just aren't falling today. What are you gonna do?"

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2021, 11:21:47 AM »
Also, for those who were there, TAMU, Mrs. TAMU, and Lil' TAMU were the Ghostbusters in the costume contest  8-)

Wow, no sh!t? We were the Al McGuire/Buzz Lightyear/Baby Yoda family. I stood next to you and had no idea.

The MBB FB page has a picture of the two of you (and your kids).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2021, 12:03:17 PM »
All of those teams are beatable.

Xavier is the cream of the crop this season IMO.

Nova may struggle this year (relative to their usual dominance).

UConn really struggled to score without Bouknight last year. They’re retiring the same team sans Bouknight. We’ll see.

SJU is going to be a fun team and I think they’ll be really tough. Champaigne is the best player in the conference IMO and Posh is so unique. Transfers should play a big role. Two quality A10 guys. Can they make the step up? If so, they’ll challenge Xavier at the top.

SHU is a top 3 team as well. Deep and super big inside. Kadary Richmond was vastly under utilized at Cuse last year. Along with returning talent, he can take this team to another level.

Sorry long winded answer, but I feel we can steal games from Nova and UConn for sure. SJU and SHU will be very tough and I don’t see us beating Xavier.
Why do you think Nova will struggle?

panda

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2021, 12:45:57 PM »

Gillespie is coming off major knee surgery and JRE left for the NBA. Jermaine Samuels and Justin Moore are both very good players but beyond those two, there are a ton of question marks. Depth could become an issue for them.

I still think they’re a top 4 team in the conference. Just not the clear cut top dog.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2021, 01:21:35 PM »

I’m never ready to count out Nova but I think the clear reason for why someone may count them out is JRE.

It was pretty night and day when he was in the game vs on the bench last year.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2021, 08:21:07 PM »
Wow, no sh!t? We were the Al McGuire/Buzz Lightyear/Baby Yoda family. I stood next to you and had no idea.

No kidding? That's too funny. You and the microbrews were all looking sharp!
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2021, 08:24:54 PM »
You guys had the best costume.  Lil’ TAMU as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man was priceless.

Appreciate it! I carry no grudges against the winner though. You really can't cheer against the little girl in the homemade Iggy costume at Haunted Hoops.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2021, 01:18:34 PM »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.