Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU at wiscy  (Read 3757 times)

hojm

• Walk-On
MU at wiscy
« on: October 05, 2021, 11:04:27 PM »
Just an FYI, tickets for the game 12/4 at Madison go on sale to the public at 9am tomorrow 10/6 at the UW athletics website. You can buy up to 12 seats. Let's get all of the unused tickets for the game!

MUDPT

• All American
Re: MU at wiscy
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 05:33:43 AM »
Still plenty available this morning. FYI, they are listing the game starting at 11:30.

Game is on FOX.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 05:35:16 AM by MUDPT »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 07:21:43 AM »
Wait until game day. I bet you'll be able to tickets under $10 on StubHub.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 09:03:53 AM »
Just an FYI, tickets for the game 12/4 at Madison go on sale to the public at 9am tomorrow 10/6 at the UW athletics website. You can buy up to 12 seats. Let's get all of the unused tickets for the game!

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 11:26:29 AM »
Picked up 5 tix this am.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 12:09:27 PM »
Wait until game day. I bet you'll be able to tickets under $10 on StubHub.

definitely, especially in the student section. I saw Big Ten games in 2019-20 where the top two levels were completely empty.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 04:04:15 PM »
We usually pickup really good lowers 2-3 weeks before the game on a 3rd party side for a very reasonable price.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2021, 10:09:36 PM »
Only a handful of single seats remain for Dec 4th in Madison.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2021, 02:17:28 PM »
i forgot how lonely this place gets during the summer / football season

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2021, 03:23:05 PM »
i forgot how lonely this place gets during the summer / football season
Have to spend your time in The Superbar ,and NM ,during the dead time of the offseason. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2021, 08:08:35 PM »
Marquette are 6 point underdogs. Expected to lose 68-62 at 73% probability.

https://www.barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Wisconsin&year=2022

panda

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2021, 08:24:42 PM »

I wouldn’t put a ton of stock into the pre season predictions from BT. It’s a great resource but much more accurate as the season progresses.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2021, 09:36:39 PM »
I wouldn’t put a ton of stock into the pre season predictions from BT. It’s a great resource but much more accurate as the season progresses.

Okay. Let's not talk basketball then.

panda

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2021, 06:13:36 AM »
Okay. Let's not talk basketball then.

I’ve been talking plenty of hoops recently.

You just copy and pasted a stat from a website which isn’t reliable at this time of year.

BT is fantastic as the season progresses, but is a complete crapshoot pre season. Taking a quick glance at UW’s PRPG! (which is how the game predictions take shape) and they’re very strange. Chris Vogt as a .4 with 18% of the mins played is inaccurate.  Chucky Hepburn coming in as a 3 star and garnering almost a 2.0 is a gross miscalculation and I’d be willing to bet Johnny Davis will be much higher than a low 2 something by seasons end.

Looking over the roster, Wisconsin is extremely lucky Davison returned. He should help them stay out of the b10’s basement. Their roster is ugly.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2021, 11:03:41 AM »

Haha. You're joking right. Our talent is far superior and now so is our coaching. Warriors by 10.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2021, 11:53:49 AM »
I’ve been talking plenty of hoops recently.

You just copy and pasted a stat from a website which isn’t reliable at this time of year.

BT is fantastic as the season progresses, but is a complete crapshoot pre season. Taking a quick glance at UW’s PRPG! (which is how the game predictions take shape) and they’re very strange. Chris Vogt as a .4 with 18% of the mins played is inaccurate.  Chucky Hepburn coming in as a 3 star and garnering almost a 2.0 is a gross miscalculation and I’d be willing to bet Johnny Davis will be much higher than a low 2 something by seasons end.

Looking over the roster, Wisconsin is extremely lucky Davison returned. He should help them stay out of the b10’s basement. Their roster is ugly.

BT or KPom preseason are good starting points for discussion versus your or my eye tests, especially if the criteria is "crap".

I see you don't mention Davis who is the most talented player on either team. Davidson is by the far most experienced floor leader on either team as you point out. Carlson is a good fit for The Swing in that role.

On Marquette's side, our best player has practiced one day. We also hear rumors of great improvement from Lewis (from his very inefficient first year and his 22% trey shooting). Kur fits Shaka's D need and can dunk. MU might be starting a freshman at PG or mid-major transfer. Greg is in and out of the blue tent but could offer an advantage as 6th man

BT calls both teams middling to start the year. Sounds right to me.  Playing at home and considering the significant questions marks on both teams, I can see why Wisconsin is favored. Many here seem to have some blue and gold colored glasses on with MU's immediate future.

I do agree MU will be much better defensively than BT calls, and worse offensively. But, it will be a sea saw middling year.

panda

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2021, 12:48:54 PM »
BT or KPom preseason are good starting points for discussion versus your or my eye tests, especially if the criteria is "crap".

I see you don't mention Davis who is the most talented player on either team. Davidson is by the far most experienced floor leader on either team as you point out. Carlson is a good fit for The Swing in that role.

On Marquette's side, our best player has practiced one day. We also hear rumors of great improvement from Lewis (from his very inefficient first year and his 22% trey shooting). Kur fits Shaka's D need and can dunk. MU might be starting a freshman at PG or mid-major transfer. Greg is in and out of the blue tent but could offer an advantage as 6th man

BT calls both teams middling to start the year. Sounds right to me.  Playing at home and considering the significant questions marks on both teams, I can see why Wisconsin is favored. Many here seem to have some blue and gold colored glasses on with MU's immediate future.

I do agree MU will be much better defensively than BT calls, and worse offensively. But, it will be a sea saw middling year.

My point is that BT is a results based analytics model. The predictive portion of the algorithm is not remotely accurate without any results to base it off of. Especially with two teams with a lot of new pieces.