[Today at 04:09:20 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by tower912
[Today at 02:42:24 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NIL THREAD  (Read 1001 times)

djorling

• Walk-On
NIL THREAD
« on: September 30, 2021, 12:36:44 PM »
If there is a thread on NIL, my apologies. I couldn't find it.  In any event, I thought Scoopers would be interested in this email and link I received from a Duck fan and  friend.  This may be the wave of the future.  Will MU be able to do something similar?

"This is a massive massive deal for the University of Oregon athletics.

Breaking today, Forbes was given this exclusive story by the U of O (Mullens and team are geniuses w/the department's marketing): This will have immediate short term and of course as it's developed significant long-term implications in football, Men's/Women's basketball, baseball, women's soccer, etc... recruiting. Immediate. Got a text last night from a friend who's very connected in the Duck Athletic Fund ("DAF") and they're buzzing about this. MC/Dana/Graves are over the moon pumped. Most important, it will continue to assist student-athletes to get access to more opportunities outside the PNW footprint (think outside the box like multinational corporations like KT and United - not for all but those changes will be much more available with this formation), get the right/good counsel, and ultimately acquire NIL deals. You don't need to be the star QB or women's hoops PG; you'll see many more get a piece of the pie. Damn proud to be a Duck today.

In a nutshell "Phil Knight, former Nike execs and other Oregon alumni/donors have formed a new NIL company to help Oregon student-athletes cash in on NIL. Sabrina Ionescu will serve as Chief Athlete Officer. The new Division Street company will work with the University of Oregon's new Oregon Accelerator, a first-of-its-kind, full-service, student-led marketing and branding collective that will focus on maximizing NIL opportunities for Oregon’s 500+ student-athletes."

https://twitter.com/SportsBizMiss/status/1443576458094383112"

muwarrior69

• All American

feedback