[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OSHA regulations  (Read 3787 times)

jesmu84

• All American
OSHA regulations
« on: July 28, 2021, 05:45:44 PM »
OSHA has now released new temporary guidelines for healthcare facilities regarding screening, visiting and proper protocols for dealing with Covid.

Some of these are in direct conflict with CDC guidelines regarding Covid.

OSHA has decided these new guidelines are needed for workplace safety.

Link to details: https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/ets
Link to article: https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/workforce/osha-issues-new-covid-19-safety-rules-for-healthcare-workers.html

I want to clarify why I think this is BS:

So, in just about every state/city/country, right now you can go spend your weekend out at a sporting event/restaurant/bar/wherever. You can be around anyone. You can go maskless.

But once you show up to a hospital, you need to start screening employees/patients/visitors again? And ANY POTENTIAL OR KNOWN EXPOSURE, REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS, means quarantines.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:48:43 PM by jesmu84 »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: OSHA regulations
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 07:31:25 PM »
OSHA has now released new temporary guidelines for healthcare facilities regarding screening, visiting and proper protocols for dealing with Covid.

Some of these are in direct conflict with CDC guidelines regarding Covid.

OSHA has decided these new guidelines are needed for workplace safety.

Link to details: https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/ets
Link to article: https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/workforce/osha-issues-new-covid-19-safety-rules-for-healthcare-workers.html

I want to clarify why I think this is BS:

So, in just about every state/city/country, right now you can go spend your weekend out at a sporting event/restaurant/bar/wherever. You can be around anyone. You can go maskless.

But once you show up to a hospital, you need to start screening employees/patients/visitors again? And ANY POTENTIAL OR KNOWN EXPOSURE, REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS, means quarantines.

Hospital patients are way more susceptible to infection and serious consequences from Covid.

But I'm surprised there is anyone left at OSHA to do this. Rs have made huge cuts over the years.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 08:10:31 PM »

Hospital patients are way more susceptible to infection and serious consequences from Covid.

But I'm surprised there is anyone left at OSHA to do this. Rs have made huge cuts over the years.

OSHA is representing the workers/employees/workplace. Technically, this is all about a safe working environment for workers.

But, again, in much conflict with CDC guidelines.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 07:45:57 AM »
Today the Supreme Court hears arguments on the OSHA "vaccination or weekly testing" mandate for employers with over 100 employees.

My hope is that the Court sends it back to OSHA for guidance that is more tailored for "high risk" environments - where people routinely work in close proximity to one another.  Because there are many employers with over 100 employees where that is not the case. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 10:25:50 AM »
Today the Supreme Court hears arguments on the OSHA "vaccination or weekly testing" mandate for employers with over 100 employees.

My hope is that the Court sends it back to OSHA for guidance that is more tailored for "high risk" environments - where people routinely work in close proximity to one another.  Because there are many employers with over 100 employees where that is not the case.

Sounds good in practice, but you do realize how decisions like this usually turn out to have a lot of unintended consequences.

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 02:27:21 PM »
The Supreme Court struck down the mandate 6-3 stating OSHA cannot mandate vaccination or testing standard because their role is limited to workplace specific safety issues versus public health issues.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 02:46:59 PM »
The Supreme Court struck down the mandate 6-3 stating OSHA cannot mandate vaccination or testing standard because their role is limited to workplace specific safety issues versus public health issues.

This decision violates the very premise of the role congress has given OSHA, and represents a blatant disregard for the rule of law.

SCOTUS is broken. It is now just another political arm.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 02:53:39 PM »
This decision violates the very premise of the role congress has given OSHA, and represents a blatant disregard for the rule of law.

That has been the intent since the Newt days.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 02:55:07 PM »

The bolded is highly debatable.  This is why I have been skeptical on this from the beginning.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2022, 02:55:15 PM »

Hypothetically... wouldn't covid spread be workplace specific to anyone in healthcare? So, does anyone think supreme court would be fine with making anyone who goes to a healthcare facility test/vax mandate?

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2022, 02:56:09 PM »
Hypothetically... wouldn't covid spread be workplace specific to anyone in healthcare? So, does anyone think supreme court would be fine with making anyone who goes to a healthcare facility test/vax mandate?

They upheld the mandate for anyone who accepts Medicare, Medicaid or other sources of federal funding.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2022, 04:42:01 PM »

They upheld the mandate for anyone who accepts Medicare, Medicaid or other sources of federal funding.

I'm more saying anyone (non-workers) who walks into any healthcare facility being subject to test/vax mandate

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 06:06:05 PM »

This is huge for senior living

feedback