[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette/UCLA  (Read 9694 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Marquette/UCLA
« on: July 08, 2021, 08:36:25 AM »
Juzang is coming back.  I expect UCLA to be a top 5 team.  Fiserv should be rocking.  Maybe we find a way?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Marquette/UCLA
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 08:54:04 AM »
Maybe we get spanked by 20.

Honestly would put more money on losing by 20 then winning by 1
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 09:07:19 AM »
Glad Juzang is coming back because I like watching him play.

Plus, it will make our victory over UCLA all the more satisfying.

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 09:47:06 AM »

Well, with that attitude, Marquette will lose for sure.  While I tend to agree, early season basketball is weird
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 09:57:30 AM »
Well, with that attitude, Marquette will lose for sure.  While I tend to agree, early season basketball is weird

It is true. My opinion is very important to the success of Marquette basketball.
TAMU

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 10:20:29 AM »
MU by 8-10.   It will be the first signature win ( Top 5) of the Shaka-era.  :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 10:25:57 AM by MuggsyB »

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 10:29:54 AM »
Kinda sucks we get them in such a transition year. Would love to have them at home with the place rocking when Shaka has a fully established roster.

Like a 5% chance we win this game. But thats ok. Building to something bigger.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2021, 10:35:30 AM »
Extremely young team playing against a team coming off a FF, early in the season.  Yikes.  Whatever the line is (and UCLA will be favored), if we cover, I'll be happy.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2021, 10:47:37 AM »
Kinda sucks we get them in such a transition year. Would love to have them at home with the place rocking when Shaka has a fully established roster.

Like a 5% chance we win this game. But thats ok. Building to something bigger.

'Bout right. But if we can somehow come within 10 points or so rather than getting blown out Big Time, not too shabby.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2021, 12:04:46 PM »
IMO, Morsel gets MU into the 12-14 win range for 21-22.  This probably won't be one of them.    All about the process this year.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 12:12:35 PM »
All about the process this year.

Wait ... so we're finally getting Embiid?

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 12:49:36 PM »
Wait ... so we're finally getting Embiid?

Fultz & J.Okafor

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 12:55:38 PM »
Juzang is coming back.  I expect UCLA to be a top 5 team.  Fiserv should be rocking.  Maybe we find a way?

Juzang is a very good college player, but he got spanked pretty good at the combine. Not surprised he is going back to school.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 01:36:36 PM »

Attitude is actually important, even among fans.  Maybe this team will surprise the world?  We all understand this is a transition year but game to game anything can happen in college hoops.  We beat Nova like 5 yrs ago when they were #1, down 8, late in the game.  Do not discount the adrenalin of our players and the electricity of Fiserv when UCLA comes to town.  If fans did not have an impact on college hoops there would not be such a discrepancy between home vs away wins.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2021, 01:44:21 PM »
Attitude is actually important, even among fans.  Maybe this team will surprise the world?  We all understand this is a transition year but game to game anything can happen in college hoops.  We beat Nova like 5 yrs ago when they were #1, down 8, late in the game.  Do not discount the adrenalin of our players and the electricity of Fiserv when UCLA comes to town.  If fans did not have an impact on college hoops there would not be such a discrepancy between home vs away wins.

It's also ok to be realistic. We are not playing the games. He gave his honest opinion on the liklihood we win compared to getting crushed. And unfortunately from a logical standpoint, it was also objective.

He also wasn't saying hes gonna go to the game and refuse to cheer because of that expecation.

Also, that team that beat Nova while definitely not nearly as good as Nova, that team was at least a tournament team. This team we are hoping for 15 wins.

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2021, 01:57:55 PM »
Marquette wins this game, but will lose some other non-conference cupcake causing the board to explode.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2021, 02:10:45 PM »
Fultz & J.Okafor

D'oh!

Like you, I'm a very optimistic Marquette fan. But I'm also pretty realistic, too.

And one thing I know for sure is that the comments you, TAMU and I make on Scoop don't affect the team one iota.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2021, 02:22:43 PM »
It's also ok to be realistic. We are not playing the games. He gave his honest opinion on the liklihood we win compared to getting crushed. And unfortunately from a logical standpoint, it was also objective.

He also wasn't saying hes gonna go to the game and refuse to cheer because of that expecation.

Also, that team that beat Nova while definitely not nearly as good as Nova, that team was at least a tournament team. This team we are hoping for 15 wins.

Is it "realistic" we will be 20 point underdogs on our home floor???  Let's go now.  This is college hoops where there are rarely dominant teams in recent years.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2021, 02:24:36 PM »
D'oh!

Like you, I'm a very optimistic Marquette fan. But I'm also pretty realistic, too.

And one thing I know for sure is that the comments you, TAMU and I make on Scoop don't affect the team one iota.

Tell that to Wojo

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2021, 02:40:41 PM »
Is it "realistic" we will be 20 point underdogs on our home floor???  Let's go now.  This is college hoops where there are rarely dominant teams in recent years.

He didn't call us 20 point dogs. He said he would put more money on us losing by 20 than winning by 1. Which means he thinks that is a more likely outcome.

And honestly, I am pretty sure the spread will be closer to MU +20 than MU -1. So again, reasonable.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2021, 02:43:46 PM »
I know the consensus is that UCLA is a top-5 team, and I'm sure they'll be favored, but I don't think it's unreasonable to believe they're more a fringe top-25 team than certain title contender.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2021, 02:46:20 PM »
He didn't call us 20 point dogs. He said he would put more money on us losing by 20 than winning by 1. Which means he thinks that is a more likely outcome.

And honestly, I am pretty sure the spread will be closer to MU +20 than MU -1. So again, reasonable.

I’d put money down on the line being single digits.

I know the consensus is that UCLA is a top-5 team, and I'm sure they'll be favored, but I don't think it's unreasonable to believe they're more a fringe top-25 team than certain title contender.

Disagreed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2021, 02:49:50 PM »
Wasn't UCLA a bubble team? 11 seed?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2021, 02:55:51 PM »
I’d put money down on the line being single digits.

Disagreed.

Yup.  Ty BLM.  People think we have already lost the game?  I have to say it irritates me.  Let's go now.   Don't discount the electricity that will be in the air.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2021, 03:02:55 PM »
Attitude is actually important, even among fans.  Maybe this team will surprise the world?  We all understand this is a transition year but game to game anything can happen in college hoops.  We beat Nova like 5 yrs ago when they were #1, down 8, late in the game.  Do not discount the adrenalin of our players and the electricity of Fiserv when UCLA comes to town.

Don't make this mistake of thinking that my prediction will have any impact on my presence at the Fiserv. I'll still be hooting and hollering for MU as loud as I can.

I don't discount the adrenaline of our players or the electricity of the Fiserv. I also don't discount the talent disparity between the two teams.

If fans did not have an impact on college hoops there would not be such a discrepancy between home vs away wins.

I don't disagree, but there's a lot of things that go into home court advantage besides fan support. Familiarity with court/shooting lines, most feel more comfortable/well rested sleeping at home rather than travelling, refs tend to have friendlier whistles for home teams (which theoretically could be impacted by fans), hell the home team even gets to pick which basketball is used.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 03:04:47 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU