2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tough Guy Keefe/Mazos  (Read 21531 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Tough Guy Keefe/Mazos
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2021, 12:52:26 PM »
Lenny

If BLM has not been fired for BLM, an email to HR is not going to do him in.

It sounds like you and Lenny are saying that if you try to shoot somebody, but happen to miss, then it is no big deal. No harm - no foul.

Yeah,... he attacked BLM and his family, but since his attempt failed, let's just forget about it. He's really a great guy.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #126 on: July 01, 2021, 12:52:32 PM »
Dude...smdh.

You've already moved on to the "was it really all that bad?" rationalization. Terrible look.

When?  You keep making stuff up.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2021, 12:53:55 PM »
It sounds like you and Lenny are saying that if you try to shoot somebody, but happen to miss, then it is no big deal. No harm - no foul.

Yeah,... he attacked BLM and his family, but since his attempt failed, let's just forget about it. He's really a great guy.

Great guys don’t report people to an HR department because of what they say on scoop. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2021, 12:54:56 PM »
Jockey,

I am saying that if BLM has not been fired for being BLM, he has no chance of being fired.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 12:56:59 PM by Goose »

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2021, 12:57:45 PM »
Jockey,

I am saying that if BLM has not been fired for being BLM, he has no chance of being fired.

That’s besides the point
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2021, 01:02:55 PM »
Just getting caught up on all of this and it's fcking hilarious. What a loser.  Can't believe any of you guys are trying to rationalize this as anything other than totally pathetic.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2021, 01:05:21 PM »
It has been stated by many and  I guess universally accepted here that Keefe’s motive was to “get BLM fired”. I confess to knowing next to nothing about HR departments - they didn’t exist when I actually worked for a corporation and for the last 45 years I’ve been self employed. But if I ran one and some guy out of the blue sent me an email telling me that one of my employees was spending a lot of time on his college basketball team’s message board I don’t think I’d take it all that seriously. A bad joke, yes. Mean spirited mischief meant to make BLM angry and uncomfortable? Yes. And the way I read BLM’s post, that’s exactly how his HR guy took it. Which begs the question:would a smart guy like Keefe really think that a note about an employee posting on a basketball website would result in the employee being fired? I don’t for a moment think so.

This doesn’t change my opinion that it never should have happened, that it was over the top. Insults and infighting on Scoop are one thing. Taking them beyond our borders is something all together different.

I understand your point but the possibility that he might have really caused some serious grief takes this completely out of "I was just messing with BLM" territory.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2021, 01:05:47 PM »
When?  You keep making stuff up.
That was to Lenny, your post ended up between our two.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2021, 01:07:43 PM »
That’s besides the point

Thanks, Rico. That's exactly what I was saying.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2021, 01:09:13 PM »
Just getting caught up on all of this and it's fcking hilarious. What a loser.  Can't believe any of you guys are trying to rationalize this as anything other than totally pathetic.

+1000

It's very rare that every post in a thread is entertaining, but this comes pretty frickin' close.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2021, 01:10:51 PM »
I understand your point but the possibility that he might have really caused some serious grief takes this completely out of "I was just messing with BLM" territory.

Exactly.  The intent that some are looking for is totally irrelevant.  To create an analogy.  Keefe took aim, pulled the trigger, and luckily he hit BLM where he was wearing body armor.

Those proclaiming, "maybe it was just a prank bro" are just making excuses for their friend.  Keefe likely did not know how the HR rep would have responded.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2021, 01:12:56 PM »

That’s not what I said at all, Jockey.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2021, 01:15:08 PM »
the "shooting" analogy is pathetic, but considering the source...probably the best he can do and shouldn't be surprised
don't...don't don't don't don't

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2021, 01:15:10 PM »
I respect his/her privacy, and don’t blame them if they don’t want it out there, but I’m genuinely curious who the other person/people were from this board who’s HR department’s also got an email and what happened there after.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2021, 01:27:48 PM »
I respect his/her privacy, and don’t blame them if they don’t want it out there, but I’m genuinely curious who the other person/people were from this board who’s HR department’s also got an email and what happened there after.

Same
Maigh Eo for Sam

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2021, 02:09:01 PM »
+100. I’m not sure which is worse….Keefe’s actions or his buddies shouting from the mountain tops what a great guy he is!

mix it up

• Walk-On
« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2021, 02:11:34 PM »
+1,000,000

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2021, 02:21:10 PM »
What the actual f*ck. That should be a permaban from Scoop. Honestly, if I were the meat eaters/underboard/whatever they want to be called, I'd throw his ass out too for that sort of bullcrap behavior. If I was his employer and found out he did that, I'd probably can him for those actions.

Some "wannabe big tough guy on the internet" snowflake crap there. Be better.

An addendum:

The "he didn't know if it'd get them fired" argument is dumb. That's up there with the "I didn't know calling the cops on the teenage black kid hanging out on his lawn would get him shot" argument. He intended something or he wouldn't have sent the email. It was an intentional attempt to mess with someone's livelihood--over a dumb disagreement on an internet message board. Pretty f'ing low.

I am seriously disappointed in keefe for this. Always found his schtick amusing. But this...this is some "I'm a garbage person" type of true colors reveal.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 02:28:05 PM by JakeBarnes »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2021, 03:03:26 PM »
What the actual f*ck. That should be a permaban from Scoop. Honestly, if I were the meat eaters/underboard/whatever they want to be called, I'd throw his ass out too for that sort of bullcrap behavior. If I was his employer and found out he did that, I'd probably can him for those actions.

Some "wannabe big tough guy on the internet" snowflake crap there. Be better.

An addendum:

The "he didn't know if it'd get them fired" argument is dumb. That's up there with the "I didn't know calling the cops on the teenage black kid hanging out on his lawn would get him shot" argument. He intended something or he wouldn't have sent the email. It was an intentional attempt to mess with someone's livelihood--over a dumb disagreement on an internet message board. Pretty f'ing low.

I am seriously disappointed in keefe for this. Always found his schtick amusing. But this...this is some "I'm a garbage person" type of true colors reveal.
You had me and you lost me there Jake.  I agree, and don't think anyone disputed that what Keefe did was horrendous and he deserves whatever ban the mods give him.  But then you had to turn it into a political issue.  Your point is made without your "addendum".  Be better.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2021, 03:18:49 PM »
You had me and you lost me there Jake.  I agree, and don't think anyone disputed that what Keefe did was horrendous and he deserves whatever ban the mods give him.  But then you had to turn it into a political issue.  Your point is made without your "addendum".  Be better.

"Whatever hurts my feelings I will deem political so that I can feel better"

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2021, 03:22:14 PM »
Keefe and I went out each other pretty hard back in 2016 during the election ( history subsequently proved that I was on the right side). At some point it became clear to me that Keefe had significant emotional problems and I withdrew from the dispute. I’m not aware of any attempts by Keith to retaliate against me but then again I am my own boss.
The fact that Keefe hasn’t responded here is not out of  character. When he   was called out for plagiarism he did not attempt to defend himself but  just disappeared for a couple of years.
There is something seriously wrong with this fellow.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2021, 03:28:26 PM »

I think the hypothetical made a lot of sense--kind of a stretch to claim it was political unless you're really trying to look for something there. As a reminder, this is a politics free zone. Your "be better" comment is unnecessary.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 03:33:30 PM by JakeBarnes »
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2021, 03:43:21 PM »
Quite honestly, the mental health comments are beyond belief. The mods allowing people to attack someone in this manner is a joke. The mods need to police the personal attacks and should have a long time ago. This is a fxxkin basketball forum, not CNN or Dr. Phil.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2021, 03:47:59 PM »
Quite honestly, the mental health comments are beyond belief. The mods allowing people to attack someone in this manner is a joke. The mods need to police the personal attacks and should have a long time ago. This is a fxxkin basketball forum, not CNN or Dr. Phil.

I get he's your friend but what would you call it if someone stalks another so intensely then tries to get them fired over online message board comments? I wouldn't call that mentally healthy.

Also let's not pretend Keefe is some innocent person who slipped up here. He's launched hugely personal attacks against (just off the top of my head) BLM/Wadeworld, Sultan/Fluffy, me, Warriorchick, Brewcity & Tower.

Do you expect a bunch of people to somehow be sympathetic to him after all that?

All that being said I agree the amount of personal attacks on here is over the top, and that goes for your friend especially.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 03:50:23 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2021, 03:48:40 PM »

The fact that Goose is more upset about an  obvious description of Keefe than he is about Keefe attempting to mess with a fellow poster's livelihood, is pretty telling.

feedback