2025 Bracketology by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:57:10 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Skatastrophy
[June 02, 2024, 08:27:35 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 02, 2024, 09:27:42 AM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tough Guy Keefe/Mazos  (Read 21533 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Tough Guy Keefe/Mazos
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2021, 07:46:16 AM »
I wont make excuses for what BLM claims happened to him.

However, before some of you start throwing stones, examine your own behavior.  There are a number of people on this board that wont hesitate to resort to some very ugly name calling towards people that simply have a different opinion.  BLM clearly falls in that camp.  Also, see above. It's incredibly ironic that the "woke crowd" are the absolute worst offenders on this board.

I too have done my share of antagonizing, having fun baiting the easily triggered woke posse.  Probably not my best look, but what the hell.

I'm going to amble on now, before Sultan comes on to remind me that I am free to pick up my ball and go home.

Hope everyone has a great 4th!

Like I have said, I mocked Keefer for his "I am all that is man!" schtick.  I guess I didn't expect it to turn into Mr. All That is Man online stalking me and emailing the HR department of where I work about it.  Figured someone so manly would handle it in a different way.  Maybe perfectly fly one of the fighter jets he built by hand out here and send the message to me face to face.

But hey.  I guess he's a "run to HR" guy.  Who knew?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 07:48:41 AM by BLM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2021, 08:08:58 AM »

However, before some of you start throwing stones, examine your own behavior.  There are a number of people on this board that wont hesitate to resort to some very ugly name calling towards people that simply have a different opinion.  BLM clearly falls in that camp.  Also, see above. It's incredibly ironic that the "woke crowd" are the absolute worst offenders on this board.

I too have done my share of antagonizing, having fun baiting the easily triggered woke posse.  Probably not my best look, but what the hell.

I'm going to amble on now, before Sultan comes on to remind me that I am free to pick up my ball and go home.

You should read about the tolerance paradox.

Though what you're saying is off topic, it seems like an important read for the broader message you're trying to insinuate.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 10:13:26 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2021, 08:39:55 AM »

Equating internet trolling to attempts at getting someone fired in real life is a bad take.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2021, 08:42:03 AM »
That's your take, and your spin, not my intent.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2021, 08:44:34 AM »

BLM was drunk and dressed slutty.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2021, 09:15:54 AM »

Goose already tried the false equivalence argument of equating posts on a message board to maliciously trying to get someone fired. Your attempt is just as weak as his was.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2021, 09:30:58 AM »
TSmith

Everyone on here is extremely literal. By no stretch do I believe being a dickhead on here is on par with sending an email to employer. My point was simply that it is not my place to police the board and firmly believe that.

I would believe that Keefe has read this thread and it his responsibility to confirm or deny the allegations. We are all grown adults on this site and hopefully we all know right from wrong. If Keefe sent the email I think he owes BLM an apology. If he did not send the email he should state that on here.

FYI---I am a very loyal person and try my best to give people the benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise. If Keefe sent the email he will still be my friend and I would tell him that was not a smart thing to do. Until I know, I am not going to be judge and jury.

Bottom line, there appears to be a line that was crossed and that line should not have been crossed. Only a fxxking idiot would argue that point. While I am not a fan of BLM, I do think the email sent to his employer is 100% wrong.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2021, 09:39:27 AM »
Goose already tried the false equivalence argument of equating posts on a message board to maliciously trying to get someone fired. Your attempt is just as weak as his was.

Thanks for making my point.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2021, 09:49:31 AM »
Thanks for making my point.
That you are a hypocritical ass? You're welcome.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2021, 09:51:21 AM »
TSmith

Everyone on here is extremely literal. By no stretch do I believe being a dickhead on here is on par with sending an email to employer. My point was simply that it is not my place to police the board and firmly believe that.

Goose,

Your original post did in fact conflate the two actions.

However, I respect your take throughout the rest of your post. Peace.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2021, 09:55:56 AM »
Calling it "100% wrong" is a galactic understatement. 

It's an absolutely despicable act.  Done (at least) twice. 

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2021, 09:58:06 AM »
That you are a hypocritical ass? You're welcome.

Figured this would end in name calling.  Soooo predictable.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2021, 10:10:32 AM »
Figured this would end in name calling.  Soooo predictable.

You realize you started the name calling, right? You radiate boomer energy

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2021, 10:15:53 AM »

That's awful rich considering you guys were dropping veiled threats towards me a few months ago, and doxxing me.

Nice to see you defending keefe's behavior here, but not surprising.

Also, being 'woke' doesn't mean I can't use adjectives to describe people's behavior.  Unless you consider cowards a protected/oppressed class?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2021, 10:17:22 AM »
I don’t blame anyone for defending someone they consider a friend, even an internet friend as weird as that sounds.  We’d all do it at first.  I think it’s a natural defense mechanism because in some ways, it makes us look bad by being associated with said person.  It usually takes some time to understand the bigger picture.  It’s also easy to attack the person you perceive as an enemy even without all the facts in front of you since it validates your feelings about someone.

The mods have the full information and they can share beyond what they have if they’d like but I don’t think it serves a purpose.  It seems pretty straightforward to me having a good idea how our information gets processed on the ol’ intrawebs.

Doxxing folks over their Scoop posts is just sad and pathetic.  End of story.  Pretty obvious there are those I vehemently disagree with on scoop but they haven’t changed how I live my life in any way because it’s a freaking messag board.  I pity the person who did this and pity those that think there’s some defense for it.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2021, 10:23:35 AM »
That's awful rich considering you guys were dropping veiled threats towards me a few months ago, and doxxing me.

Nice to see you defending keefe's behavior here, but not surprising.

Also, being 'woke' doesn't mean I can't use adjectives to describe people's behavior.  Unless you consider cowards a protected/oppressed class?

How is this a defense of Keefe?

SMH   ::)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2021, 10:28:09 AM »

I think that when you said 'before you all start throwing stones...' it implies there's an equivalency between heated arguments on here and the genuinely trying to screw up a persons life that keefe did. It then implies that because BLM was antagonistic on here he built up a 'glass house' that he himself, nor the others showing empathy, are allowed to be upset at Keefe or those sticking their heads in the ground about him.

Just my take on why people jumped down your throat, and I hope you have a happy 4th as well.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 10:29:46 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2021, 10:28:15 AM »
TSmith

I would believe that Keefe has read this thread and it his responsibility to confirm or deny the allegations. We are all grown adults on this site and hopefully we all know right from wrong. If Keefe sent the email I think he owes BLM an apology. If he did not send the email he should state that on here.

FYI---I am a very loyal person and try my best to give people the benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise. If Keefe sent the email he will still be my friend and I would tell him that was not a smart thing to do. Until I know, I am not going to be judge and jury.

Bottom line, there appears to be a line that was crossed and that line should not have been crossed. Only a fxxking idiot would argue that point. While I am not a fan of BLM, I do think the email sent to his employer is 100% wrong.

If it were my friend doing this I would certainly ask them if it happened and let them know my feelings on the subject.  I don't expect you to police what your friends do or do not do, but I would hope you would at least have a private conversation with them.  Coming here to defend the guy without even asking if he did what has been alleged is strange behavior.  No one cares if you think he is generally a good guy if this is something he has done.  You sound like the parent who says, "My son would never do that!" after he's been arrested for robbing a convenience store.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2021, 10:29:31 AM »

Simple.  You're trying to equate name calling or disagreements on a basketball forum with trying to get people fired from their job.

They're not equal, and you're minimizing the behavior when you do this.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2021, 10:32:24 AM »
Um, no.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2021, 10:34:22 AM »
I think that when you said 'before you all start throwing stones...' it implies there's an equivalency between heated arguments on here and the genuinely trying to screw up a persons life that keefe did. It then implies that because BLM was antagonistic on here he built up a 'glass house' that he himself, nor the others showing empathy, are allowed to be upset at Keefe or those sticking their heads in the ground about him.

Just my take on why people jumped down your throat, and I hope you have a happy 4th as well.

They are not equivalent. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2021, 10:35:45 AM »
Hards

#1 I have no idea if he sent the email or not.
#2 Not defending him, simply saying I am not going to convict him because BLM and topper said he is quilty.
#3 If he sent the email, and wants to confirm that, he owes BLM an apology and any ban the mods give him.
#4 Keefe has seen everyone's post (he posted on scoop today) and there is zero need for a private conversation.
#5 My feelings are well documented in this thread...no one should cross certain line and the email did that. Enough said. Keefe does not need a lecture from anyone on here...he is a big boy.
#6 You and your friends on here have said some horrible things on scoop, has anyone of ever called each other to say "that was over the top?"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 10:44:37 AM by Goose »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2021, 10:36:02 AM »
Um, no.

If you're not trying to equate the two, you're doing a poor job.  Two people felt like you were.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2021, 10:43:24 AM »
Eye blame Crean, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2021, 10:44:15 AM »
Hards

#1 I have no idea if he sent the email or not.  Mods have basically outlined that he did.
#2 Not defending him, simply saying I am not going to convict him because BLM and topper said he is quilty.  What is the bar then? Him admitting?
#3 If he sent the email, and wants to confirm that, he owes BLM an apology and any ban the mods give him.  apology yes, and IMO no one here needs to verify that he apologized.  Mods have said that he can and has evaded bans before... so what's the point.
#4 Keefe has seen everyone's post (he posted on scoop today) and there is zero need for a private conversation. I guess we communicate and hold our friends accountable differently
#5 My feelings are well documented in this thread...no one should cross certain line and the email did that. Enough said. Keefe does not need a lecture from anyone on here...he is a big boy. Seeing as he is a 'big boy' and does stuff like this, maybe he does need a lecture, or at least some comms from his boys that this is a step too far.
#6 You are your friends on here have said some horrible things on scoop, has anyone of ever called each other to say "that was over the top?"
  My friends?  Who?  I only know people who post on here by their screen names, and I've never met anyone here in person (that I'm aware of).  I've sent and received very few private messages.  My MU friends are not active here, and I certainly haven't gone as far as to create a crew, like you fellas have.  Also you're going down the rabbit hole that rc83 has.  Attempting to equate name calling/disagreements with trying to get someone fired, etc.  I understand the need to present some defense or whatever makes you and your 'boys' feel better, but in an attempt to do this, you're just showing your true colors.

feedback